Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Last Updated:

1. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

If you've been following my power saga you'll know that I have been waking up to a dead battery the past few days. I changed out the extended battery with the standard battery yesterday, and hooked her up last night. Guess what happened?

I woke up to a dead battery! :(
    ^--- Hidden for dramatic effect :D

I'm down to TWO options:

(a) The phone's charging circuits are bad. This means a new Nexus... and don't think for a minute that I won't unlock and root that sucker so I can make full backups! BTW, has anyone successfully restored a backup from one phone onto a replacement phone? :confused:

(b) The charging CABLE is bad, per Copacetic. That's the preferred problem.

SO... tonight we'll try one more time. I happen to have a spare charging cable lying around so I'm going to do one more night with the new cable. If Ginny wakes up tomorrow with a full charge, then Verizon's out $30 for a cable and not $700 for a Nexus.

*SIGH*

Advertisement
  2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Hmm, still running Liquid 1.25 and liking it. Perhaps I'll give B31 a shot today.
  3. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

Good luck Chief! I hope its just the cable.
    ryancmatchett and The_Chief like this.
  4. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

Good morning all.

Thinking about going to AOKP B31 tonight to try something new out.

Chief - I hope its the cable or maybe its that outlet or maybe its the brick that plugs into the wall - lots of elements to go bad there. Good luck!

Going to grab some breakfast, which is always a bit more difficult during passover.
    The_Chief likes this.
  5. HanSolo

HanSolo Well-Known Member

Greetings all.

Can someone tell me the main features of B31? I'm on Patient Zero M1, and the coolest things are the weather panel, customizable navbar icons, and Beats integrated. Is B31 the same thing, or does it have other features?

Also, BB, if you find Nexie going into random reboots again or freezing up, try increasing the voltages by about 25 each. That should fix it.
    BabyBlues likes this.
  6. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

No Beats on AOKP B31 that i'm aware of. Weather Panel and lockscreen weather, lockscreen calendar events, customizable navbar icons and lockscreen icons, customizable clock in status bar, power saver mode, and custom toggles in pull-down are the main features I use.
    HanSolo likes this.
  7. esmith818

esmith818 Well-Known Member

I did this when I exchanged my first Nexus thinking the mic issue was hardware-related. I was able to copy a nandroid backup from one phone to another (same model) and restore it on the new hardware.

Hopefully it won't come to that for you, but it's nice knowing it can be done if necessary. :)
  8. HanSolo

Ah okay, gotcha. Yeah, it seems like DroidTh3ory is using a lot of AOKP's features. Beats and Sony Bravia engine are baked in; I THINK I can tell a difference is movie watching, but not sure, lol.
    ryancmatchett likes this.
  9. Stigy

10. CaptainRon

CaptainRon Well-Known Member

What ROM and kernel are you using BB and do you under volt?
  11. CaptainRon

Stigy likes this.
  12. BabyBlues

I'm on B28 with Lean 2.7
    I haven't touched the settings in set CPU this round. I'm thinking its almost time to jump to B31 and see what happens.
  13. HanSolo

Oh baby. Franco's r131 nightlie at 512 GPU makes my Nexusaurus fly!!!
  14. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

What do I think of Verizon One Bill? fjasodiafooooos;ldkai;orghae;rkljgnlb;adkgvnads;lfkgn!

F'em.
  15. BabyBlues

I guess you didn't get that straightened out then? :(
    Sorry to hear it
  16. BabyBlues

Hmmmmm. I might have to try this.
  17. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Hey all, so back at work, feeling better, except it hurts to breath, apparently from the abdominal and chest muscles I strained from my uhh... sickness. Still no appetite though.

So here is an interesting little tidbit I noticed today. When I unplug my phone, and allow the screen to turn off, if I wait a few minutes to turn back on, it reports that it is connected to 4G. But it immediately loses signal and cycles back to 3G once I turn the screen back on... Any comments?
  18. halon

Nope. They said you don't owe anything. Now all of a sudden I owe $386, not including my now separated Verizon bills.
  19. Stigy

20. CaptainRon

21. CaptainRon

That is odd to get the random reboot since you haven't tweaked Nyxie recently. But you're right, now might be a good time to jump to B31.

As my mother always told me, "Don't forget to wipe" (Mom was weird)

BTW, I've been thanked 999 times. Who's going to push me over?
    chiph411, The_Chief, jmar and 4 others like this.
  22. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Haha, it was either me or halon. :D
    halon likes this.
  23. HanSolo

I pushed!
  24. HanSolo

Now who wants to push me back to 7,000 thanks?

:(
    jmar and CaptainRon like this.
  25. halon