Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Last Updated:

1. Copacetic

Copacetic Well-Known Member

Been on 4.04 since they leaked. I have better 3g to 4g handoff, slightly better signal and am faster.

Advertisement
  2. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

Haven't been in a 4G area since upgrading, but it does seem to get a TAD better signal in the office (3G).
  3. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Ugh, I've had some poor handover problems the passed couple days. On Liquid 1.25 with the .4 radios. Not sure if it's a timing thing, or I need to switch ROMs.
  4. MSUgEEk

I forgot, but how do you check to see what radios you are running. Which ones are the 4.0.4 is what I'm asking, I know how to see in the phone status.
  5. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

[​IMG]

Now I am on prl: 52686!

Had to reboot as it doesn't reboot automatically!
  6. breadnatty08

Check your baseband version in about phone. The new radios are I515.09 I believe.
  7. MSUgEEk

I515.09 V.FA02 is what I'm on.
  8. breadnatty08

I think that's the latest unless something has leaked and I missed it. That is the whole # on mine just couldn't type it all since I'm on the phone.
  9. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

^^ Those are the 4.0.4 radios, correct.
  10. ryancmatchett

ryancmatchett VIP Member VIP Member

No problem here either and its been recommended on the phone with VZW just a week ago..
    On a better note.....after I updated last night....I have a full 4g green signal all day!!!
  11. chiph411

chiph411 Well-Known Member

15109 here also.
    VZ has also snuck 4g service here a couple of weeks ago. It just mysteriously showed up.
  12. Copacetic

That's great Ryan! What kind of signal did you have before?
  13. vandyman

vandyman Well-Known Member

Yes..
  14. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

That was probably from ME. I called Tier 2 tech support at Verizon about why my phone kept ghost calling out for programming. I was told that the Nexus is supposed to get all its programming by OTA, and should never be calling out. Too much of this, she said, could, in fact, fry the SIM card... and proceeded to recommend a full data reset (which I understand from others doesn't fix it).

How accurate her statement was is, of course, up for debate; I was just passing along what I was told directly by Verizon.
    jmar likes this.
  15. Stigy

Got another 50' ethernet cable coming to the apartment today to wire my new Mac directly to the router since there is no wi-fi on the desktop and its cheaper than buying a wireless card and verifying it works with OSX86 project.
  16. Unforgiven

Unforgiven -.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... Moderator

Hello all, sorry I've been so quiet lately. I hate it when work gets in the way of my AF time.:mad:;):D
  17. Stigy

Also, couldn't help myself - had to back that Pebble Watch.

[​IMG]
    The_Chief likes this.
  18. CaptainRon

CaptainRon Well-Known Member

Glad to see I'm not the only one! :D
  19. Stigy

HAHA sweet - I love that the SDK is available for developers. I cannot wait to see what people come up with for apps on this thing. Also this part has me so stoked.

20. MSUgEEk

Awesome! Had my wife not bought me the watch I'm wearing, I'd get one of those. They are freaking awesome.
  21. ryancmatchett

If I was lucky I might get a yellow 4g all day...more likely 1 bar4g or all 3g...

Its much better today!!
  22. Copacetic

Ryan, that's great! Did you make any other changes last night besides the prl update? Do you know what you were on before you updated to 52686? My signal is also better on this prl.
  23. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Geez, if I WORE a watch I'd jump on this. Alas, I haven't worn a watch in years and I won't start just because it's a really COOL watch...

CONGRATS on being a backer though: you're gonna love Pebble! :D
  24. CaptainRon

CaptainRon Well-Known Member

I had no idea how much I looked at my watch until it was in the shop for a couple of days. I admit, I'm a slave to it.
  25. ryancmatchett

So I know this is the nexy water cooler....but does anyone have a razr? (I know...blaspheme...but gotta ask anyways) going back to the *22899 stuff.....guy at work has a razor and it tells him the sim card does his updates, so that # does not work on his phone....any other ideas?