1. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Advertisement
    CaptainRon and Copacetic like this.
  2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

3. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Well-Known Member

Hiking around the lake today. Might get up to high 40's.

First fissures in the frozen lake so we may be sailing by May.

[​IMG]
    breadnatty08 and ryancmatchett like this.
  4. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

What??? Lakes are still frozen where you live?? Might get to the high 40's??? :eek::eek::eek::eek:
  5. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Well, that was MY adrenaline rush for the year:

A 2-year old disappeared here about an hour ago! Nobody knew where he was - the whole neighborhood and half the police force was here looking for him. I went looking around the lake down the road, hoping he didn't wander through a hole in the fencing somewhere.

After searching the whole area, it turns out he had wandered away into the woods across the street and fallen. Bruised and scared but safe. Thank GOD it wasn't an abduction or something - our neighborhood is just too quiet for that much drama.

All is well now. Back to Gnexing! :)
    Stigy, AntimonyER, chiph411 and 6 others like this.
  6. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Well-Known Member

:D:D:D

Yes, north of the 49th Parallel (and about 100km north of Vancouver). Bears are still in hibernation. We just emerged from our igloo as well.:rolleyes:
  7. Copacetic

Copacetic Well-Known Member

Amen!
    ryancmatchett likes this.
  8. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

WOW!!! Glad he was found to be ok!
  9. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

So thankful he is okay! Amen says it all!
  10. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

11. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

I spent the day walking around a college campus with my daughter, meeting her future roommate and her family. Information and sensory overload. Stick a fork in me...I'm done. :)
  12. Copacetic

What an exciting time for you and your daughter!
    dawnierae likes this.
  13. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

Exciting and exhausting!

We spent the day emptying my daughter's room and cleaning it. She has serious hoarder potential. Its really kinda scary. But we got through it and now its time to try to clean up my room too since I was like a hurricane this week.
  14. CaptainRon

CaptainRon Well-Known Member

Adrenaline rush is right! Thank goodness it ended up being the good kind with his discovery.
  15. BabyBlues

Wow! Glad all turned out ok Chief!!
  16. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

Quiet day in the watering hole...how did we manage less than 20 posts?
  17. BabyBlues

Everyone was outside enjoying the weather I think. Or inside doing necessary spring cleaning.
  18. CaptainRon

Aren't daughters fun? I got to spend the day with mine outdoors in sunny LA. She was nice enough to fly down from Salt Lake last night to spend the day with me. (One of the advantages to flying for free.)

[​IMG]
  19. BabyBlues

That's a great pic Captain. And its a HUGE advantage for you to have a free flight for your daughter (and the rest of your family I would think). Want to adopt me? It would be great savings for me in the coming months. :p:D
  20. CaptainRon

:D:D

[​IMG]
    BabyBlues and breadnatty08 like this.
  21. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Morning everyone!
    Had a great day yesterday. Made it to a Nats game, it was crazy crowded being the first weekend homer and the beautiful weather. Lady woke me up at 2:30 calling me to let her in since she lost her keys. She cabbed it to the restaurant so I have no idea how this happened. Pathetic thing is, the only duplicate we have is a car key, ah well.
    Anyway, grabbed this shot with the Nex at the ball park. Have a great Sunday everyone.
    [​IMG]
  22. doctorfrylock

doctorfrylock Well-Known Member

Anybody here live in the Central U.S? Some pretty bad storms went through Oklahoma and other states yesterday. The Weather Channel is forecasting more severe storms for today. I hope anybody, including here, who lives in that area, stay safe and watch out for those severe storms.
  23. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

My folks live in southwest Indiana. I've yet to call them yet but they know how to deal with these types of storms. They had a close call on the tornadoes a few weeks ago.
  24. doctorfrylock

doctorfrylock Well-Known Member

I also have family who live in St. Louis. Not quite in the middle of the storms, but close enough for concern, and for me to call and see if they are okay.
  25. Copacetic

Good Morning Everyone! Have a blessed Sunday!
    jmar, The_Chief and ryancmatchett like this.