Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Last Updated:

1. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

Sweet ride!

Advertisement
  2. MSUgEEk

Haha, wow...I can't upload to IMGUR because they won't let me enable cookies on the browser. lol
  3. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

4. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

Everyone should go check out ifttt / Put the internet to work for you. -- some really nifty stuff on there.

For example, if it is going to rain tomorrow it will send me an email to remind me to bring my umbrella to work and I also included the high/low temp in case I need a jacket as well.
  5. halon

I don't use umbrellas and I usually only wear a jacket if it is part of the outfit
  6. MSUgEEk

Umbrellas are for sissies.
  7. Stigy

BabyBlues likes this.
  8. MSUgEEk

This Meatball Pepperoni melt sub is hitting the spot!
  9. halon

You just made me hungry.
  10. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

Or for when you just got your hair done. :D
  11. MSUgEEk

If you're a man and you "just got your hair done"....that confirms your sissy status :D
    breadnatty08 and halon like this.
  12. MSUgEEk

13. BabyBlues

14. MSUgEEk

If I have bagged salad with a use by date of April 11th, I'm throwing it out on April 10th, lol. I'm a stickler for those use by dates.
  15. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Just venting:

My son's VA funding for his Computer Information Technology school was DENIED on a "technicality". The damn bean-counters just push through paperwork and numbers, not stopping for a second to consider the life-altering decisions they're throwing out there.

He is understandably crushed, and I had to be the bearer of bad news.

I hate that :( :( :(
  16. MSUgEEk

Oh man, that really sucks. Sorry to hear that Cheif :(
  17. BabyBlues

Sorry to hear it Chief. That's a horrible thing to have to tell someone. :(
  18. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

BB...guuuuurrrl, we need to TALK before your date. ;)

Captain, you are a wise, wise man.

This, svt, is what is known as "the circle of life". Buying shoes we have nothing to wear with gives us an excuse (as though we needed one) to buy new clothes. And buying new clothes that we have no shoes to go with...well, you see where I'm going here. Additionally, as a woman, I would rather have 100 pairs of $20-30 shoes than 10 pairs of $100 shoes. Why? Because we women like a little variety. Thank your lucky stars we limit that need for variety to shoes and clothing and do not include men in that. :)

That's just how we roll, svt.

Really sorry to hear that, Chief. But when one door closes, another opens. Hope something good is waiting for him on the other side of the next door. :)
    The_Chief and BabyBlues like this.
  19. Stigy

So sorry to hear Chief. :(
  20. MSUgEEk

How did I miss this comment. Yes yes yes! It needs to be done.
  21. BabyBlues

I was kinda shocked you hadn't chimed in on that. :)
  22. MSUgEEk

Would have had I saw it, lol.
  23. CheriRives

CheriRives Active Member

Good afternoon GNexers,

Sorry I haven't said much lately. I've seriously trying to work out the problem with my boyfriend's old DROIDX and the potential problem with my old DROIDX.

I love all these forums and the huge amount of information they contain, however it is a PITA trying to find exactly what you need!

So, I'm catching up here in bits & pieces cause I miss you guys! But I'm determined to root the older phones before I try the GNex!

Take care all!

BB... Loved the blue shoes!

Cheri
    BabyBlues likes this.
  24. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Well-Known Member

Can you appeal? I did that with a VA pension and it took awhile to find a "CSR" ombudsman who actually cared to make some good suggestions. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right? I hope there's a alternative. Good luck Chief.
  25. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Thanks Treo, but appealing would do no good in this circumstance. It was explained to me: Title 35 is worded so carefully that he simply doesn't qualify the way we thought he did. An appeal would simply waste their time and ours.

So now to find alternatives :eek: