Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

1. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

Yikes, very bad Stigy, lol. I would have been screaming for new tires about 10,000 miles ago, haha
  2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven What does this button do? Moderator

+1
  3. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

Geez...you're lucky to be alive. :eek:
  4. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

I know I couldn't believe it when I took them off. Last time I drove in the rain I knew something was up because I barely had traction and it was quite scary. I felt so bad for anyone that I put in my car with me since they got like that, but now I will never let that happen again.

Next winter they will be getting winter-biased all seasons or some Blizzaks. But until October/November these stay on. So stoked to have the wheels on even though I am losing air.
  5. MSUgEEk

How bout some Pirelli P-zero Nero M+S? :D
  6. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

G' morning!
  7. Unforgiven

Unforgiven What does this button do? Moderator

8. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! Moderator

9. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

I have my annual junk food craving :( I ate a small bag of chips...now onto a lollipop...and I'm oogling at my cache of chocolate bits >_>;;;
  10. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Steven checks Rose's monthly uh... calendar?

Steven :vroam:
    breadnatty08 likes this.
  11. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

You recommend those? I need some 205/55/16 for the winter wheels although I may just get similar to my stock tires since my two front wheels have a ton of tread left on them.

Good morning Steven!
  12. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

That's only an ANNUAL craving? That's a DAILY craving for me (although, fortunately, I don't give in to it daily.)

Oh and...morning Steven!
  13. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! Moderator

Annual????

This!
  14. MSUgEEk

Always heard great things about them although I never popped the money for 'em. I had good luck with Kumho Ecsta ASX and Continental ExtremeContact DWS. Keep in mind we don't get a lot of snow here though. They are all season and are supposed to do ok in the snow though. Both were great in the rain.

Edit: Best tires I've ever owned were BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2. Loud, but gripped like none other wet or dry.
  15. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Good Morning Steven! Nice to see you popping in & out from time to time! :D
    Steven58 likes this.
  16. Copacetic

Copacetic Well-Known Member

Stigy, wheels look amazing, sorry they are giving you a fit. We had a small dent in a rim, held air, but casued the tires to Cup and now they are very loud inside the car running down the road :(. On our truck, when we need tires we look for someone who is upgrading their rims to a larger size and selling their old rims with their almost new tires for much less than we can buy tires. Gotta love Craigslist to find them and the military bases within two hours that have lots of young men, changing out their rims and tires :)
  17. Copacetic

Hi Steven, you should stick around more :), we are still a lot of fun!
    Steven58 likes this.
  18. MSUgEEk

Any of you experienced fliers have any tips for getting cheap flights?
  19. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

*rolls eyes* Nooooo :p

I eat junk food on a regular basis but it's usually not more than 200cal/day. Right now I want to eat ALL of the junk food I have at the office :<
    It's more of a mental/visual craving. I've gone out and bought 5 normal size bags of chips and a dozen chocolate bars. I would open everything...take a bite here and there and I'll be sick of sweets and chips and thus end my craving, lol.
  20. The_Chief

Hey folks, while we're talking tires and stuff:

Have you ever driven down the interstate and seen those long strips of what looks like perfectly good tread that has somehow just "peeled" off the tire? If that happens to your front tire at 70 MPH, the results could be catastrophic.

If you haven't seen this video (and/or don't know the information contained therein), then PLEASE take a few minutes to watch it and pass it on. The life it saves could be yours (or that of someone you love)!

Aged Tires: A Driving Hazard? | Video - ABC News

Okay, back to our regularly scheduled programming...
    Copacetic and BabyBlues like this.
  21. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Well-Known Member

Recently discovered this site
    Hipmunk: Better Flight Search and Hotel Booking
    It aggregates all the airlines and the cheap fares engines and lays out the schedules in a much more sensible way. I found that it finds flights that are not even on Expedia or Travelocity too.
    MSUgEEk and The_Chief like this.
  22. The_Chief

One hour to go!

A Whole New Universe

IF, that is, you're waiting for hints about the SGS3 as well...

:D
  23. Copacetic

Have Ron adopt you :dancing2:
    CaptainRon likes this.
  24. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Afternoon all, including Steven.

Gotten into a book, so been distracted from my normal distraction (here). Work is slow, (Aerospace Engineer, nothing cool like a boob factory, ryan :p).
    ryancmatchett likes this.
  25. MSUgEEk

Someone needs to help me convince my wife that my vacation idea rocks, lol. I want to fly into San Diego and drive all the way up the California and Oregon costline and then fly back home.
    ryancmatchett likes this.