• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Please NO. Samsung already has made 2 Nexus phones, I think the other OEMs should be given a chance. If they did, I would call out that this is definitely favouritism from Google!

I'd like to see HTC get a crack at it. They're phones are nice, IMO, its sense that is a little over the top

HTC did make the first Nexus Phone ;)

I want Motorola to be given a shot with the Google Nexus brand.

Reactions: BabyBlues
Upvote 0
Please NO. Samsung already has made 3 Nexus phones, I think the other OEMs should be given a chance. If they did, I would call out that this is definitely favouritism from Google!

I think Sammy has only made 2. Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus, right? Anywho, I never want to see Moto make one. Maybe LG?

Upvote 0
Please NO. Samsung already has made 3 Nexus phones, I think the other OEMs should be given a chance. If they did, I would call out that this is definitely favouritism from Google!

They did the first one, but their quality has come a long way since then, I'd like to see them get another shot.

Oops! Guess I need to brush up on my Android history. :eek:
I despise Motorola. I'd rather get a locked and skinned HTC over a Motorola phone. At least right now. It would have to be multi-nerdgasm worthy for me to even consider Motorola.

Upvote 0
I think Sammy has only made 2. Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus, right? Anywho, I never want to see Moto make one. Maybe LG?

Yeah, lol. I had two similar thoughts in my head when I was writing that. One was 'Samsung already made 2 Galaxy Nexus' and 'I don't want Samsung to make a 3rd' :eek:

Why don't you want Moto? As a Nexus phone, there won't be a lock bootloader. Their phones are good quality build for radio, speakers and speaker phone.

Upvote 0
Yeah, lol. I had two similar thoughts in my head when I was writing that. One was 'Samsung already made 2 Galaxy Nexus' and 'I don't want Samsung to make a 3rd' :eek:

Why don't you want Moto? As a Nexus phone, there won't be a lock bootloader. Their phones are good quality build for radio, speakers and speaker phone.

My problem with Moto is that every phone in our house with that name gave us nothing but problems. Original Razr, Krazr, then Droid2. Ugh. And now I can't stand the way the Razr feels in my hand. Its awkward. (Personal opinions though)

Upvote 0
Motorola phones are built really well though, but their cameras suffer.
Yes, but if the camera is not something you rely on daily, then you should be fine with a Moto.

I'd love to see HTC make it again though - their Nexus One was a nice looking device and the One S and One X are gorgeous devices - hoping the report is wrong though.
What I noticed with HTC is that they cheap out on some items like battery and speakers. Radio was weak on the Nexus One, Desire (line) and Incredible.

You know what I want? Google to collaborate with ALL of the OEMs for their Nexus Phones.

Samsung - Super AMOLED+ screen and Exynos processor
Sony - Camera with the Mobile BRAVIA

Upvote 0
Yes, but if the camera is not something you rely on daily, then you should be fine with a Moto.

What I noticed with HTC is that they cheap out on some items like battery and speakers. Radio was weak on the Nexus One, Desire (line) and Incredible.

You know what I want? Google to collaborate with ALL of the OEMs for their Nexus Phones.

Samsung - Super AMOLED+ screen and Exynos processor
Sony - Camera with the Mobile BRAVIA

Upvote 0
For the GSM model, the next Nexus must continue to have penta-band frequencies for both GSM and UMTS/HSPA+ (i.e. include the AWS frequencies). It mus also have removable micro-SD card slot. My two requirements for a Nexus phone.

I'm over the micro-SD slots. With USB host mode now on phones, it's just as easy, if not easier, to attach a thumb drive as it is to remove the sd card. Some phones you have to power off and remove the battery to get the SD card out. Build in flash memory and USB host mode is the best solution IMO.

Upvote 0
I'm over the micro-SD slots. With USB host mode now on phones, it's just as easy, if not easier, to attach a thumb drive as it is to remove the sd card. Some phones you have to power off and remove the battery to get the SD card out. Build in flash memory and USB host mode is the best solution IMO.
Build in flash memory would be the most ideal, but when the Galaxy Nexus in Canada only offers the 16GB version. Then that is not enough for me. I think the 32GB version is only for Verizon's GNex.

Most people have to pay per MB/GB, so they can't access everything that's stored in the cloud unless they want to pay overage in data. I and other people like me want the option of being able to put more memory in our phones when the internal flash memory is full.

Upvote 0
I have not missed the sd card slot. 32GB onboard is enough for me. In fact, I have only used 3.8GB on my phone :p

Same here. I was hoping they would offer a 16GB version for $50-$100 less and I was going to buy it. If I want to load something or take something off of my phone I use my USB Host cable and my thumb drive. Way cheaper than buying a micro SD card.

Upvote 0
So Sammy again eh? Well, that just about clinches my thoughts on whether Verizon will be getting the next Nexus... I though if Moto did it we may actually see the next one, and HTC would be up in the air, but I feel if Samsung is in fact doing the next one, Verizon won't get it.

To me this is the most important issue. I don't have that strong of an opinion on the manufactures, I just want the Nexus to come to Verizon again.

BTW, are we allowed to talk about Nexus phones on this thread? :D

Reactions: jmar
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones