Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Last Updated: 2015-05-25 00:57:39
  1. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Yeah, craigslist really is the trashier version of Ebay in terms of selling things.
    But, it's a great tool for finding apartments and jobs. It's pretty much what all landlords and employers rely on here in DC. The only sections I even bother to look at.

Advertisement
  2. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

Ebay is great for stuff you can ship, but for local stuff Craigslist or the local classifieds is about all you have. Craigslist seems to get better response because it's free, virtually unlimited description words, and ability to add pictures. But then you get people like that and I just want to punch them.
  3. CaptainRon

CaptainRon Well-Known Member

That's all I need to know. I have Dropbox working flawlessly between two computers and my GNex. No reason to change.
  4. Unforgiven

Unforgiven -.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... Moderator

I have Box, Dropbox, and now Drive. I haven't played with Box yet, I just got it when they were giving out 50GB free. I'll probably use that for nands but I haven't been flashing roms much lately. Dropbox is my goto, and they keep upgrading me for free (I think I'm up to 6GB now) and I haven't even looked for the reference code to give out. I must be lucky, they like me.
  5. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

It's brown on the outside...that's thoroughly enough. :)

Ditto. It's a good thing the hubby likes some junk in the trunk. :p

That was the beauty of it! Fortunately, that thread happened at a good time of year. If it were happening now, there's no way I'd be able to keep up. Stupid job keeps getting in the way of important stuff. :D

I'm right there with ya. I sell very little on CraigsList anymore. Most of the responses I get are very obvious phishing or scams. And the ones that aren't, rarely do the people show up when they say they want what you're selling.
    jmar, BabyBlues and Unforgiven like this.
  6. MSUgEEk

I just have Box and now Drive. I've got 50GB for life with Box. I doubt I'll upgrade Box because what I get now is free. I'll probably end up upgrading my drive account.
  7. Unforgiven

You'd get along with my wife. She likes her steak to merely look at the fire in fear, then to her, its done.:rolleyes:
  8. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

I can't decide what to do with my lunch break. Read Royal Assassin or comparisons between the Cortex A9 vs Cortex A15 Processors :<
  9. MSUgEEk

Ground meat of any kind is something I want cooked all the way through. No red and very little, if any, pink. Steaks on the other hand, I want red in the middle. Bacterias and such live on the surface of meats and rarely penetrate deep into the inner parts of the tissue. So once a steak is cooked on the outside, it's done. Meat grinders mix it all up so there's just as much bacteria on the inside as there is on the outside.
  10. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

Yup, definitely related in a previous life. :D

Read the book.

I'll take my chances. I want juice to run out and threaten to dribble down my chin when I bite into it.
  11. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger right?
    BabyBlues likes this.
  12. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

I've had steak tartar once with a raw quail egg on top. It was delicious. If you trust the establishment to produce their ground meats cleanly, give it a try.
  13. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

Yep. When asked by a waiter how I want my beef cooked, my answer is "just walk it through a warm room". Or, if I'm feeling frisky, it's "knock the horns off, wipe its butt and bring it to me."

Meh...that stuff doesn't bother me...raw cookie dough, cake batter, raw beef. The only thing I don't do is undercooked pork or poultry. And raw fish. But those are more of an "ewww factor" than fear of bacteria. If you saw what else is in your food before you consume it, you'd never eat anything. I've eaten nearly raw hamburger for 42 years now, and I'm still kickin'. Besides...exposure to bacteria helps build immunities. :D

:D You must be my much younger long lost sister.

Just threaten? If I don't need six napkins and a bib to eat a hamburger, it's over cooked.
    BabyBlues likes this.
  14. AntimonyER

PS, I am annoyed with craigslist as well, and only sell (or try to sell) items which are too big to ship. I was actually GIVING away my couch, and the first person that called and said she would get it saturday, when I called her saturday afternoon to ask if she was coming, just flat out hung up on me. Not even enough courtesy to say never mind...
  15. MSUgEEk

dawnierae likes this.
  16. AntimonyER

Anyone here had the Chocolate Cake Batter milkshake at Zaxby's? MMMMMMM.
  17. MSUgEEk

Thanks...now have the Kelly Clarkson song in my head, lol

That's all I do on Craigslist...stuff that's too big to ship. We were giving away landscaping gravel and were going to help dig it and load it in the trailer for some folks because we were going to put sod there. They came one day and said they'd be back the next for another load because we had probably 3-4 loads of it. They never showed. Tried e-mailing and calling and never got a reply. Eventually just dug it up ourselves and took it to the creek and dumped it.
  18. AntimonyER

Sorry about the KC thing...

And too bad you don't live closer to me, because we are looking at doing that... The mulch I have is allowing weeds to grow in it (above the landscaping fabric I put down.) Figured Gravel/stone would prevent me from having to pull weeds.
  19. MSUgEEk

Speaking of KC and that song. I love the Camry commercial with her and Chris Berman in it, lol
  20. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

Totally random but found this and really LOL'd.
    [​IMG]

Doesn't animate in tapatalk
  21. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

I went to the gas station and walked in, paid for gas with my Nexus with Google Wallet. The woman behind the counter (remember, I'm in Tennessee) was just as country as you can find.

As soon as the phone beeped, signalling that the transaction was successful, she looked at me with the most serious, deadpan face and said...

"Whut did yew just DEW?"

I LOVE Google Wallet for that reason alone!

:D
    jmar, dawnierae and Stigy like this.
  22. MSUgEEk

LOL!!! I got about the same reaction when I paid at the grocery store the first time. The high school girl behind the counter said "Did you just pay with your phone?!?!?! Must be an iPhone."

D'OH!!! I corrected her immediately.
    The_Chief and Stigy like this.
  23. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

Its such a huge difference from writing Javascript / Java at home to working on this 300 line shell script at work.
  24. Unforgiven

Hehe, what language?

I remember being hired by a multinational company as a Programmer Analyst. First project they gave me was creating a sales credit tool for their North American sales force in RPG. Great, just what I wanted to learn at the time was a thirty year old dead programming language. They couldn't even be on Cobol, RPG, seriously.
  25. MSUgEEk

RPG?? I've heard of Cobol, Perl, etc...but RPG?? Beats assembly though, lol.