Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Last Updated:

1. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

Something like this, but hers was gray. I have nothing against cowboy boots...just against combining them with a maxi dress. SMH
    [​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

Jealous :mad:
  3. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

It can only be pulled off with a cowboy hat. Otherwise it looks really out of place
  4. MSUgEEk

So, maxi dress = long dress.
  5. Unforgiven

Unforgiven -.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... Moderator

I try my best not to understand woman's clothing. Everything my wife puts on looks great unless she tells me otherwise. Her butt never looks big, and if I buy her and clothes (and this is important) she is always size small with a receipt.:vroam:
  6. MSUgEEk

I tell my wife what I like and what I don't like. I also buy her clothes every now and then. I don't get specific on why I don't like things I don't like, I'll just tell her something about it doesn't fit right or tell her it's not age appropriate (when she picks out stuff I think older women would wear). I learned early that she actually does want my input so I learned to give it and in a way that isn't going to make her feel bad. Her main problem is finding clothes that look young while appropriately covering her...assets I'll say.
  7. Unforgiven

Yeah, that was a little tongue in cheek. I do give her honest feedback most of the time. I haven't figured out the different shades of black for the shoes.
  8. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

qft!
  9. dawnierae

Yes, but not every long dress is a maxi dress...but every maxi dress is long. :)

Wise, wise man, you are.

That IS a challenge. However, don't cover the assets TOO much. Nobody wants to see butt crack, but a little cleavage never hurt anybody. :)
  10. MSUgEEk

It does when you're a school teacher, lol. That's the challenge. Things that some women could wear, she absolutely cannot for that reason. The things that look like someone her age would wear reveal too much up top most of the time and when she gets something that covers appropriately, it looks like something a woman 15-20 years older would wear...so when we do find something that hits the right balance, I tell her to buy it no matter the cost (mind you we don't shop at expensive stores, lol)
    dawnierae likes this.
  11. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

Does your wife shop at Express? I love the clothes there and most of my work clothes are predominately from there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What grade does your wife teach? lol The style might be too dressy for elementary school if she teaches grade 1-5
  12. MSUgEEk

Nah, she mostly shops at NY & Co. and the department stores like Macy's. She loves trying to find deals at TJ Maxx and Ross...though not always successful.

Edit: and she teaches 4th grade. Think her problem with Express is it's for really skinny women. She's not large, she's just well endowed in a couple of areas, lol.
  13. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

14. Roze

What I do for Express is that I wait until Black Friday and buy a year's supply of clothes there! :D Everything is 40% and if you are on their mailing list, you get additional $20 off if you buy over $120 or $50 if you buy over $150.
    MSUgEEk likes this.
  15. MSUgEEk

I'm not really an NFL fan, I just follow any players off of my college team that gets drafted.
  16. CaptainRon

CaptainRon Well-Known Member

Yeah, right. :rolleyes:
  17. dawnierae

I have one word for her...camisole. I have a similar issue, and I have a camisole in every color to wear under more revealing tops that tend to showcase "the girls" in situations where showcasing "the girls" may not be appreciated. I don't buy expensive clothes either...I'm a "get the most bang for your buck" kinda girl, so Kohl's, Ross, TJ Maxx, Marshall's, JC Penney, Body Central and places like that are my favorites.
    ryancmatchett likes this.
  18. MSUgEEk

Oh she has tons of those, lol.
  19. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Well-Known Member

Um, this teacher's attire works for me. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]
    ryancmatchett likes this.
  20. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

Those shoes!!!!! Do want!!!
  21. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Well-Known Member

Yep, that's EXACTLY what I was looking at too :D
  22. Roze

Me too...*drools over the Louboutin*
  23. The_Chief

Why did teachers NEVER look like that when I was in school? I had geriatric blue-hairs for teachers...

No offense to all the geriatric blue-haired Gnexers in the forum ;)

EDIT: I know 60's the new 40... thank goodness :rolleyes: ... but I'm telling you, these nice ladies - excellent teachers - were 80 if they were a day!
  24. Unforgiven

Got it bad, got it bad, got it bad, I'm hot for teacher...

Yeah, me neither.
  25. The_Chief

Van Halen (the David Lee Roth days)... now I'M feeling 80! :(
    Unforgiven likes this.