Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Last Updated: 2015-05-26 06:29:03
  1. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

+1 same here. I love the scale on my skin, lol. Snakes are such interesting creatures. I'd love to own one but I have a great mice phobia :(

Yeah, I can imagine that.

Advertisement
  2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven -.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... Moderator

All this snake talk has me squirming. Not afraid of them, just so long as they stay in the wild where they belong.
  3. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

4. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

And I have had experiences with 3 of them. (Copperhead babies, and then on the same day, during a snake "hunt" in boy scouts, found 8 different species of snakes, including a timber rattler, and a coral snake.) Only one I have not experiences in the wild is a cotton mouth, and I think based on their reputation I am thankful for.
  5. Roze

I've read a few articles on detox and what I got was that it does more harm than good. Though some of those detox were quite extreme. Your veggie/fruit detox doesn't sound too bad. You're basically a vegetarian for 2 weeks! lol
  6. AntimonyER

My daughter has an amazing fascination with snakes, and is not afraid of them AT ALL. We have an annual festival, called the Rattlesnake Roundup (although they changed it to a more PC "Wildlife Festival" this year). She was so excited to see snakes up close, and touched and held them every chance she got. (Not the rattlesnakes of course!)
  7. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

Yeah, cottonmouths are really aggressive from what I hear. They'll straight up come after you.
  8. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Ah mice phobia. When we first opened our newest restaurant, we had a bad rodent infestation. It's a super old building so the basement was a mess. I've taken out several rats myself! My apartment in Kansas was also had a bad mice problem. It sucks, but they are no cohabitating with me, that's for sure.
  9. Unforgiven

I live in the woods, so every fall the mice try to move in with us. The neighbors cat does a good job on them though. And as a bonus leave his trophies on the neighbors porch.:D
  10. MSUgEEk

No mice at our house, but plenty of other rodents. Squirrels, moles, etc. My two dogs, a Westie and a Lab...mainly the Westie though, will dig up and kill moles, chase squirrels and kill them, etc...and then leave their trophies on the back porch.
  11. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

For those where YouTube is not blocked at work, check out Alex Goot (username is gootmusic). He is an amazingly talented musician and does a ton of covers. He is also coming out with a full length original album next month which I cannot wait for. Crazy to see all the talent on YouTube and then to listen to the people who actually got signed on the radio. Makes me sick.
  12. Roze

This is cool!! haha Nice '3-D' effect :)

[​IMG]
    halon likes this.
  13. AntimonyER

One of my cats is an outdoor cat for specifically this purpose, as my house sits on a retired cotton field turned neighborhood, with the farmhouse located behind my house across a dirt road. He is always heading over there, and has become a favorite of the owners for his lethality. Thankfully he leaves them over there MOST of the time.
  14. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

+1
    I don't have the phobia but I have a problem feeding the snake a creature (alive or not).
    You are a better person than I. I love my fruits and veggies but I NEED my meat and bread too.
  15. Unforgiven

My beagle mix will try and take my arm off going after a squirrel 100 feet away. Going potty in the woods in the middle of the night though she will completely ignore a deer standing 10 feet away. Stupid dog.:rolleyes:

I am very happy my neighbors get the trophies. They can enjoy that nice little surprise from their proud pet.:D
  16. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

:eek::eek::eek:The only good snake, IMO, is a dead snake.:eek::eek::eek:
  17. Unforgiven

Made into a belt, or boots, maybe a purse for the ladies.:rolleyes:
    dawnierae likes this.
  18. MSUgEEk

Amen to that!
  19. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Right next door to GSA, huh? :rolleyes:
  20. Roze

21. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

22. Unforgiven

Government Services Agency, a US Agency that is supposed to be a watchdog on government spending and waste. Instead they through an $800k party in Vegas.:rolleyes:
  23. Roze

Ah I see. lol
  24. MSUgEEk

Stupid feds.
  25. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

For all you astronomy people out there:

Supermoon alert: Biggest full moon of 2012 due Sat. | Fox News

For the non-astronomy people, the moon is usually about 236,000 miles from us and this Saturday, it'll be about 221,000 miles away. Closer, therefore bigger & brighter.

Which SUCKS because there's a meteor shower this weekend and all that light's gonna wash them out! :(

And no, despite annual e-mails to the contrary, Mars will NEVER - I repeat, NEVER be the size of the moon in the sky. If you look straight up at about 10 PM EST, you'll see a red dot up there. That's Mars :)
    Roze and BabyBlues like this.