Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

1. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

"By the way, just got confirmation from Samsung that HSPA+ and LTE versions of the S3 will be available in North America this summer"
    jmar likes this.
  2. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

See I think the S2 blows the Nexus away. I love the camera on the Nexus, but there are tons of reviews and things I have seen that show other way around.

But I understand the more MP argument and the fact that most people think more MP on a small sensor is bad, but if you're sensor is good then its a moot point.

I hope they show some sample images though. I just don't want people to dismiss this camera because of the previous argument.
  3. MSUgEEk

Probably similar to what's coming out on some point and shoots. Automatically snaps a pic when all eyes are open after you press the shutter.
  4. Stigy

Woah Touchwiz 4.0 - tons of great new features.

You can take a video, resize it and float the window over an email, web browsing, etc.
  5. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

Is anyone considering this phone...after all we've been through?
  6. MSUgEEk

Oh I wouldn't dismiss it. An incrimental upgrade from 5 to 8 with the same size sensor wouldn't be a bad thing, slightly worse is possible as is slightly better if the sensor is better.
  7. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Summer = September 19th.
  8. Stigy

Best Photo is it takes 8 pictures in burst mode and selects the "best" mode based on its criteria.

Also the sensor is back-lit illuminated for better low light performance.
  9. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

Now that is a great feature!
  10. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! Moderator

Not unless Verizon does something really freaking stupid (above and beyond their normal shenanigans).
  11. Stigy

12. Stigy

Galaxy Nexus: 135.5 x 67.9 x 8.94mm
    Galaxy S3: 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6mm

2,100mAh batter - why can't people follow Motorola and use 3,000+ mAh batteries.
  13. MSUgEEk

I see.

Isn't the Nexus back-lit?
  14. MSUgEEk

To get that size battery would most likely mean designing it into the phone as non-removable...lots of Android purist won't like that. I would love it. Give me a battery in the 3,000 mAh range and you won't hear a peep out of me complaining about it being built in and not removable.
    Stigy likes this.
  15. Stigy

Release Date: May 29th in Europe
  16. Stigy

I don't believe so.
  17. BabyBlues

I'd be OK with it as long as I could do heavy usage and make it through the work day.
  18. CaptainRon

CaptainRon Well-Known Member

Wow. Go away for a few days and I'm a thousand posts behind.

Congratulations on the green Dread!
    Stigy likes this.
  19. MSUgEEk

Per chipworks.com
    "Samsung shows off its vertical integration here by using one of its own sensors in the primary camera. In this case, the S5K4E5YA 5 Mp, 1.4
  20. Stigy

Woah, they just pulled a one more thing...

Oh its Samsung pop-up stores - pretty neat way to introduce the S3 to people.
  21. BabyBlues

Baby likes!!!! :D
  22. Unforgiven

Unforgiven What does this button do? Moderator

Welcome back Captain!!
  23. Stigy

24. BabyBlues

Welcome back! I was getting ready this morning (its when random tidbits process in my brain) and wondered if everything was ok.