Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

1. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

Glad I don't work today but I always work on Sundays. :(
  2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Tickets were $18 a pop! :eek: I hope it's worth it.
    And we got money seats!
    halon likes this.
  3. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! Moderator

I'd love to!!!!
    Captain - what time you coming to get me?
    jmar likes this.
  4. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

5 days into this detox thing, 10 more to go. On occasion I crave something. Like right now, I want a big juicy cheeseburger. It is much cheaper to eat other stuff than nothing but fruits and vegetables.
  5. CaptainRon

CaptainRon Well-Known Member

Be at your place around 7 okay?
    jmar likes this.
  6. zedster

zedster Well-Known Member

7. BabyBlues

Sounds like a good plan!!
  8. BabyBlues

Hey stranger!
  9. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ~Play Nice~ Moderator

OK, I was only quiet today because I was doing yardwork. Geek, you went gold, awesome. Had some staff stuff to take care of, so I kept up with that. I am ready for a nap though.:sleep:
  10. BabyBlues

11. zedster

zedster Well-Known Member

been out since palm pad days, remember early reviews were lackluster
  12. BabyBlues

Well damn
  13. breadnatty08

Well, The Avengers was pretty friggin AWESOME! :D
    If anyone does go see it, be sure to stay until the very end. Joss Whedon did an incredible job. Wow, just wow.
    jmar likes this.
  14. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

If you become pregnant, you should definitely announce it. In a very public forum. :D

Weird. Are YOU pregnant?

Talladega used to be one of my favorite races. Racing just hasn't been the same for me since Earnhardt died, though. Haven't been to a race in probably six years, and we used to go to 4-6 a year.

Great idea adding the G+ link. I found some of you, and put the link on my profile as well.
    breadnatty08 likes this.
  15. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Whew, long day at work, but was very busy, so it went pretty fast. All day airshow tomorrow, 5 hours round trip driving, 5 hours at the airshow. Can't wait to see my sons reaction to the Thunderbirds.
  16. Unforgiven

That's why I pay attention to Kesalowski (sp) as he reminds me a lot of SR. A lot more than KB18 or CE99. Myself, I am a Hendrick fan and a Roush Fenway fan. Junior is who I really root for (good year this year) but I just really love the sport. Two years ago at New Hampshire I got a high five from "The King," that was cool, one of the old school dooods.:cool:
  17. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

In the theater waiting for the Avengers to start!

Edit: It's starting!
    breadnatty08 likes this.
  18. breadnatty08

You're going to love it. :D
  19. breadnatty08

So, I thought I'd share the one bad part about the movie today, this is especially for those parents out there. I was a bit shocked about how many young kids were in line with their parents (and I'm talking probably no more than 10). Well a father and son were sitting next to us, boy was about 7-9 years old. Father leaves the theater with about 10 min left until the movie starts presumably to get some food. Asks the son to watch his seat. I thought that was odd. Well the theater fills up, lights dim and the trailers start. Son starts to get antsy looking for his father to come back. 15mins go by and it's really loud and he starts CRYING! He's literally there balling his eyes out that his father is gone. My wife and I are starting to think about what to do, should we take him out and maybe look for his father. Folks around us are noticing and a nice woman sitting next to us moves over to calm him down. After all the trailers finish, about 30min since he left, he comes back. Notices he was crying and says "I told you I'd be back, why are you crying?"?!?!? WTF is wrong with people?
    I honestly thought he ditched him. We were shocked beyond belief.
    Anyway, just wanted to vent about that. If or when we ever have kids, first, we would never bring them to a PG-13 movie at that age with plenty of violence, and second, why would you ever leave a child that is no more than 10 alone in a dark theater for ANY length of time? Sickening.
    jmar likes this.
  20. BabyBlues

That is a case of "can't fix stupid" in every sense. Some people astound me with what they think is ok.
  21. Unforgiven

Seriously!!! When I first started reading that I thought you meant there was someone else with the little boy. Seriously!!! WTF!!! Um, you can't fix stupid. I am literally speechless.
  22. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

I was on the Interstate today, saw this woman next to me just texting away, eyes on the phone, KID IN THE BACK.

(a) It's illegal to text & drive in TN.

(b) Doing it with a kid in the car, at highway speeds, should be grounds for child endangerment.

I have decided I'd love to start using my Nexus to video the offender texting, then easing behind their car to shoot their plate, and sending it to the state patrol. Maybe they'll mail her an expensive "present"... or better yet, summon her to court and let her explain the video.

BUT: to shoot the video, MY eyes are off the road too and the cops know it! So if I send it to them, they may come after me as well! :(

I need to be a passenger more... stuff like this just boils my blood...
  23. breadnatty08

Sorry to outrage you this late in the night. :eek:
    Just makes you realize how dumb people (and I use the term dumb lightly, more like grossly negligent) are. I wanted to punch the guy in the balls when he came back. :eek:
  24. Unforgiven

Yup, I take my son's safety seriously. Dread, no worries outraging me and Chief, I got one for you. Evan goes to daycare with a nice licensed woman that does daycare in her home. She only has a few children or so as she has no hired help. Last week on of the kids (2yrs old) was brought by the grandparents, no car seat, riding in the front seat. Um, she was obligated to report them by law, but more importantly, she was mortified, as was I, that they were that negligent.
    jmar likes this.
  25. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

On a brighter note:

The biggest moon of 2012 has risen and it is GORGEOUS! :D

Only 221,000 away, it's big & bright in the sky. Venus is setting, Mars is just hanging overhead doing its thing... and there's a meteor shower tonight if you want to get up in the middle of the night for it.

A good night for sky-watchers :)
    CaptainRon likes this.