Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Last Updated:

1. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

Done...I have a caveat you might want to consider for this survey though. I wouldn't be willing to spend a dime on my heating/cooling system until it breaks with the exception of maintenance. Now when I build a home and get input on what type of system I put in the home, all of those answers become different. Where I wouldn't be willing to spend $1,000 to upgrade my system now, I would be willing to spend $4,000-$5,000 more on a system for the options you described in the survey.

Advertisement
  2. MSUgEEk

So, how long till we see cell phones similar to the one used by Mr. Stark?

[​IMG]

Granted it'll be virtually impossible to have a frame that thin with all the phone being transparent, but I could see something similar to the Galaxy Nexus in size with the areas above and below the screen being the only parts that are opaque and the rest transparent. Many advancements in the size of components need to be made as well as major leaps in battery tech, but I think it can be done. There's already tech out there for transparent batteries. I don't think it'll be possible to have transparent speakers, connectors, wires/conductor traces/circuit boards, processors, etc. but I think the bulk of the phone could possibly be made transparent one day.
  3. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

haha, I've just fallen into the 'older' category, lol. I think everyone here except for Stigy is over 25.

haha, that would be cool...but I don't think it would be fully transparent.

We already have transparent batteries???
  4. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

I turn 24 this year in August - does that make me the youngin'?
  5. MSUgEEk

The technology is out there and prototypes have been made. Also there is technology out for transparent OLED screens as well. If they make some strides in the battery tech (right now the transparent ones have about half the capacity of normal ones...so I've read) then we could conceivably have all of the electronics contained in the top or bottom (or split between top and bottom) with all the circuit traces/conductors running along the edge between top and bottom and the transparent OLED and battery stacked on top of each other with a transparent insulator between the two to keep the heat from affecting the screen.
  6. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Well-Known Member

For all you car geeks, perhaps the best Craigslist car ad of the year...

NSFW
    [​IMG]
  7. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

When in August? I'll be 31 on the 17th
  8. Stigy

9. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Hey everyone! Crazy day, I see its almost 4 pm and I haven't checked in here yet. Going to catch back up on what I missed, but hope everyone had a good weekend.
  10. Roze

Charles is an August baby
    Stigy is an August baby.

Roze is an An August baby.

Anyone else an August baby? :)
  11. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

Apparently there were quite a few people staying warm in November!
  12. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

My wife.
  13. Roze

I take it that it was a very busy day at work? lol
  14. Unforgiven

Unforgiven -.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... Moderator

Myself, two stepsons, Evan, 2 cousins, sister in law and father in law are all in July. And my anniversary and my parents anniversary too. We just put up a tree and have Christmas in July. But we have Lobsters & Steamers instead.
  15. Stigy

My brother is an August baby.

My girlfriend and her brother are August as well.

So many Leos!
  16. Roze

....So I guess July is the other time of the year that you/wife spends a lot of money on gifts >_>;;; lol

haha *ROAR*
    Stigy likes this.
  17. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

My Wife is a May baby and I am a first day of summer baby, June!

Cooper is October.

I wish I went to bed at 7p...more like 9p!

How is everyone?
  18. BabyBlues

I'm a May baby too. A cusp baby really - depending on what horoscope you look at I'm either Taurus or Gemini. I do tend more towards the Taurus side though. :D
    jmar likes this.
  19. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

Geez, all of you are "young uns". At 42, I feel ancient in here! :eek: Okay, not really...I don't act my age, which successfully prevents me from feeling my age.
    breadnatty08, jmar and BabyBlues like this.
  20. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

I am the cusp! Wife is May 26, so barely cusping Taurus...she is true Gem. I am more of the Cancer side of things, though I drift into Gem every now and then.

I may just be turning 30 this year but I have the knees of a 40 year old...no joke! I have no PCL in my left knee which has nagging ACL issues. My right knee has seen one surgery, at age 7, and is prone to a displaced kneecap. That's what hockey and rugby, along with being hit by a car, will do to you. I also played baseball like a football player (read: lots of collisions)!
  21. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Wife is another August baby. My birthday is easy to remember as it's Pearl Harbor day.
    26 here so I don't have much on you, Stigy.
    Stigy likes this.
  22. ryancmatchett

ryancmatchett VIP Member VIP Member

I and 2 of my younger siblings are 2 years apart and all with in a week of each other in june. The fourth baby was 8 years later and on Jan 1...go figure!!
    And my better half is in November.
    (And I was born in 1978....so although I should feel young, serious injuries over the years have reduce my ability to be a kid...sometimes. But at least I can play with my kids!!!)

So tooth out, swollen and sore but headed home for stronger drugs ice and a nap...see you all on the flip side of this pain!!!!
  23. Copacetic

Copacetic Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how to organize folders in the gallery by putting the pics in an order you want rather than alphabetical or by type or date? I want to order the pictures in a logical manner that lets me show them in a certain order. Thanks!
  24. BabyBlues

Well I lost the battle to the chocolate-craving-fat-chick that inhabits my body. She picked a good fight to win though. Dunkin Donuts has a Cocoa Creme donut out for MIB3 and its divine. :cool:
    Stigy and ryancmatchett like this.
  25. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

THE AVENGERS WAS SO MUCH AWESOMENESS!!!

Anyone who saw it did you stay for clips after the end?

A weekend take of almost $208 million. A record breaking Saturday and Sunday. $655 million take world wide. I hope this takes over Avatar.