Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Last Updated: 2015-05-25 00:57:39
  1. Unforgiven

Unforgiven -.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... Moderator

Living in Central MA Vs. Boston, many MA folks think that there is nothing beyond 495, or 128 for that matter.:rolleyes:

Advertisement
  2. Copacetic

Copacetic Well-Known Member

Hahaha, kinda like when people hear someone is from New York, they always think they mean the city.
  3. Unforgiven

Yep, in Mass there is Boston and the burbs, and there is the rest of the state.:rolleyes:
  4. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

sigh...if I must. ;) however, if you could make a pit stop somewhere tropical on the way back, that'd be great.

Absolutely...I love edamame. I have it almost every day for lunch.

Closest I get to "alternative" is acupuncture and chiropractic, which I use almost exclusively. The only thing I ever see a "regular" doctor for is the once a year sinus infection I always seem to get.
  5. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Welcome back Razor. Sure miss not having to surf the Internet a bunch to get any interesting phone/android news.
    RazorSharp likes this.
  6. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

So Roze got me thinking about something on G+ today. I think it might be kind of cool to have a stalker. I've never had one, and I'm very confident in my ability to protect myself if things went bad, but it would be kind of cool to say "been there, done that"
  7. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

Well I certainly don't feel that way! We're all Massholes in my book. :p
    Thanks Antimony. :) We'll see about the news stuff, I have quite a bit to catch up on.
  8. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

When I was overseas, people would ask me "so you're American?" When I said yes, invariably their next question would be "ah, New York or Los Angeles?"

They really didn't have much of a concept that there's this whole 3,000 mile stretch of REAL America in between :rolleyes:
  9. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Morning everyone. Since I'm not allowed to post in PaCA, I'll make it brief. I'm very disappointed in NC, a state I called home for several years and where we got married.
    Just had to get that off my shoulders. :(

And to those other Massholes, when we moved to NC, everyone in my school assumed I lived in Boston too. In fact we came from on of the most rural towns I've ever been in :rolleyes:.
  10. AntimonyER

I was born in MN, and it's the same thing there, a lot of people know nothing except the Twin Cities. Only fellow MNers will ask where at? But I love MN, I seriously thought about going up there for a job after college (Good thing I didn't, as they closed up shop and moved production to China).
  11. dawnierae

Ditto, though I never lived there. I have friends who live there, though. They had to go to NY to get married, and of course, their marriage isn't recognized in their home state. Infuriates me that they pass laws that hurt an entire group of people in the name of "morals and values". :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    jmar, BabyBlues and breadnatty08 like this.
  12. RazorSharp

Very much agreed, it's a shameful step backwards. We should be encouraging equality, not creating second-class citizens. I have a few friends in NC that were volunteering and trying to get out the vote, and they're very disappointed in their state.
    breadnatty08 likes this.
  13. AntimonyER

While I have no doubt the regulars here could discuss this subject fairly and civilly, it is a lightning rod for many, and we have already had one situation where a person left the thread permanently because of this subject, and it's just not worth that. I know from that previous conversation that there are people on both sides of this issue in here, so in the interest of avoiding conflict... I say let sleeping dogs lie :cool:
    jmar, breadnatty08, Roze and 3 others like this.
  14. RazorSharp

We did? When was that?

I feel like I'm going to be saying that a lot for a while...
  15. Unforgiven

A month or so ago an offhanded comment was taken very personally by another member. It kind of put the kibosh on a pretty big milestone celebration for the thread.:(
  16. dawnierae

<sigh> I missed that (stupid job). I'll let it lie...but not without first saying that if someone is looking for a reason to be offended, they will ALWAYS find one, whether this topic or another, even a benign one.

<lips zipped>
  17. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

:s:
  18. MSUgEEk

The offhanded comment was made by me. I have a differing view on the subject. I'm not offended by your view, but I forget that some have your view and are offended if I don't share that same view.
  19. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

Gooooood morning all and what a good morning it is!

[​IMG]
    MSUgEEk likes this.
  20. MSUgEEk

I booted into a previous version of linux last night at the boot menu and it worked perfectly. I did some updating while I had it up and running and also fixed and released an update to my app but didn't try re-booting and seeing if Ubuntu would run after the updates without having to boot a previous kernel.

FYI for the devs in here...do not use the following if your app will be running on anything prior to Android 3.2

Code (Text):
    2. Configuration config = getResources().getConfiguration();
    3.         if (config.smallestScreenWidthDp >= 600) {
    4.             setContentView(R.layout.main_activity_tablet);
    5.         } else {
    6.             setContentView(R.layout.main_activity);
    7.         }
    smallestScreenWidthDp will cause a crash in any version of Android before 3.2
  21. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

Straight from the docs:
    ;)
  22. MSUgEEk

Yep, didn't notice it till later and the compiler doesn't catch it. Isn't as clear in their writeup on how to accomodate for different sizes and the deprecating of small, large, xlarge, etc "buckets". I went back to the "buckets".
  23. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

Morning everyone,

I saw this and thought of you peeps :)[​IMG]
  24. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

haha, wait you're in the marine/navy and what level is your black belt? You live in a country that allows the use of firearms for protection :p I think the stalker should be more afraid of you :p

Funny story, I went down to Texas to visit my sister and her family years ago. Her mother in law asked me, 'oh you're from Canada? How big is your igloo? How does seal/whale taste like?' >_>;;; I don't think she was being funny.
  25. MSUgEEk

So how big is your igloo?? Do you have that fancy indoor plummin yet? We took a trip up to Nashville for our anniversary one year and stayed in this fancy hotel, I think it was called Super 8, that had fancy indoor plummin. It was real nice not having to walk out to the outhouse to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. I hope we can get that in our house one day, but I guess I'm just a dreamer! I think we might make a trip to the big city this weekend and stop at one of them there shoe carnivals and buy some of them fancy Nikey tennis shoes. I aint ever had no shoes like that before, we usually walk around barefeet down here in Alleybammer.
    jmar, Roze and Unforgiven like this.