• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Sorry Dawn, I don't fly to those "little" islands. How about Athens or Rome?

sigh...if I must. ;) however, if you could make a pit stop somewhere tropical on the way back, that'd be great.

HAHAHA Is it OK if I still like Edamame? :)

Absolutely...I love edamame. I have it almost every day for lunch.

Anyone in here do the whole alternative medicine thing?

Closest I get to "alternative" is acupuncture and chiropractic, which I use almost exclusively. The only thing I ever see a "regular" doctor for is the once a year sinus infection I always seem to get.

Upvote 0
Living in Central MA Vs. Boston, many MA folks think that there is nothing beyond 495, or 128 for that matter.:rolleyes:
Well I certainly don't feel that way! We're all Massholes in my book. :p
Welcome back Razor. Sure miss not having to surf the Internet a bunch to get any interesting phone/android news.
Thanks Antimony. :) We'll see about the news stuff, I have quite a bit to catch up on.

Upvote 0
Hahaha, kinda like when people hear someone is from New York, they always think they mean the city.

When I was overseas, people would ask me "so you're American?" When I said yes, invariably their next question would be "ah, New York or Los Angeles?"

They really didn't have much of a concept that there's this whole 3,000 mile stretch of REAL America in between :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Morning everyone. Since I'm not allowed to post in PaCA, I'll make it brief. I'm very disappointed in NC, a state I called home for several years and where we got married.
Just had to get that off my shoulders. :(

And to those other Massholes, when we moved to NC, everyone in my school assumed I lived in Boston too. In fact we came from on of the most rural towns I've ever been in :rolleyes:.

Upvote 0
Morning everyone. Since I'm not allowed to post in PaCA, I'll make it brief. I'm very disappointed in NC, a state I called home for several years and where we got married.

Ditto, though I never lived there. I have friends who live there, though. They had to go to NY to get married, and of course, their marriage isn't recognized in their home state. Infuriates me that they pass laws that hurt an entire group of people in the name of "morals and values". :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Upvote 0

Ditto, though I never lived there. I have friends who live there, though. They had to go to NY to get married, and of course, their marriage isn't recognized in their home state. Infuriates me that they pass laws that hurt an entire group of people in the name of "morals and values". :mad::mad::mad::mad:

While I have no doubt the regulars here could discuss this subject fairly and civilly, it is a lightning rod for many, and we have already had one situation where a person left the thread permanently because of this subject, and it's just not worth that. I know from that previous conversation that there are people on both sides of this issue in here, so in the interest of avoiding conflict... I say let sleeping dogs lie :cool:

Upvote 0
While I have no doubt the regulars here could discuss this subject fairly and civilly, it is a lightning rod for many, and we have already had one situation where a person left the thread permanently because of this subject, and it's just not worth that. I know from that previous conversation that there are people on both sides of this issue in here, so in the interest of avoiding conflict... I say let sleeping dogs lie :cool:
We did? When was that?

I feel like I'm going to be saying that a lot for a while...

Upvote 0
<sigh> I missed that (stupid job). I'll let it lie...but not without first saying that if someone is looking for a reason to be offended, they will ALWAYS find one, whether this topic or another, even a benign one.

<lips zipped>

The offhanded comment was made by me. I have a differing view on the subject. I'm not offended by your view, but I forget that some have your view and are offended if I don't share that same view.

Upvote 0
Gooooood morning all and what a good morning it is!

Xo2Gx.jpg

Reactions: MSUgEEk
Upvote 0
I booted into a previous version of linux last night at the boot menu and it worked perfectly. I did some updating while I had it up and running and also fixed and released an update to my app but didn't try re-booting and seeing if Ubuntu would run after the updates without having to boot a previous kernel.

FYI for the devs in here...do not use the following if your app will be running on anything prior to Android 3.2

Code:
Configuration config = getResources().getConfiguration();
        if (config.smallestScreenWidthDp >= 600) {
            setContentView(R.layout.main_activity_tablet);
        } else {
            setContentView(R.layout.main_activity);
        }

smallestScreenWidthDp will cause a crash in any version of Android before 3.2

Upvote 0
I booted into a previous version of linux last night at the boot menu and it worked perfectly. I did some updating while I had it up and running and also fixed and released an update to my app but didn't try re-booting and seeing if Ubuntu would run after the updates without having to boot a previous kernel.

FYI for the devs in here...do not use the following if your app will be running on anything prior to Android 3.2

Code:
Configuration config = getResources().getConfiguration();
        if (config.smallestScreenWidthDp >= 600) {
            setContentView(R.layout.main_activity_tablet);
        } else {
            setContentView(R.layout.main_activity);
        }

smallestScreenWidthDp will cause a crash in any version of Android before 3.2

Straight from the docs:
public int smallestScreenWidthDp | Since: API Level 13

;)

Upvote 0
So Roze got me thinking about something on G+ today. I think it might be kind of cool to have a stalker. I've never had one, and I'm very confident in my ability to protect myself if things went bad, but it would be kind of cool to say "been there, done that"
haha, wait you're in the marine/navy and what level is your black belt? You live in a country that allows the use of firearms for protection :p I think the stalker should be more afraid of you :p

When I was overseas, people would ask me "so you're American?" When I said yes, invariably their next question would be "ah, New York or Los Angeles?"

They really didn't have much of a concept that there's this whole 3,000 mile stretch of REAL America in between :rolleyes:
Funny story, I went down to Texas to visit my sister and her family years ago. Her mother in law asked me, 'oh you're from Canada? How big is your igloo? How does seal/whale taste like?' >_>;;; I don't think she was being funny.

Upvote 0
How big is your igloo?

So how big is your igloo?? Do you have that fancy indoor plummin yet? We took a trip up to Nashville for our anniversary one year and stayed in this fancy hotel, I think it was called Super 8, that had fancy indoor plummin. It was real nice not having to walk out to the outhouse to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. I hope we can get that in our house one day, but I guess I'm just a dreamer! I think we might make a trip to the big city this weekend and stop at one of them there shoe carnivals and buy some of them fancy Nikey tennis shoes. I aint ever had no shoes like that before, we usually walk around barefeet down here in Alleybammer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones