• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

TV talk

I've had a Sony LCD 120hz for about 2 years now. I love this tv. I'll probably get a new one next year? What I would like is a Mitsubishi DLP, either 82" or 92". I might even just go projector for over 100".

We just switched from a 65 dlp to a 70
Inch led. We see a Big difference, the led is almost 3d . Our dlp was 5 years old and went through 3 bulbs and now the ballast. Bulbs ran from 175 to 300 depending on when we bought them and the ballast would have been another 175. We did look at the Mitsubishi as a potential replacement but were gun shy because of the expenses I note here.

Reactions: halon
Upvote 0
I had an social event at work today and I had 3 glasses of wine. When I got home, I crashed and took a nap. I wonder if there's a way for me to enjoy wine without feeling tired.

@Anti so, how much gray hair have you and your wife gotten since having your daughter?

Haha, I get a few here and there. We have mostly come to expect some sort of mess with her, at least this one was easy to clean up. :rolleyes:

Good Morning all. Long day for me, 8 hours of work, 4 hours of class, plus 2+ hours of driving, I left home at 4:45am, will get home at 7:30pm.

Don't forget Sunday is Mothers Day. :D

Upvote 0
Red wine is an instant headache for me so I stay away (even though I like wine).:rolleyes:

I took tomorrow off so 3 day weekend for me. Of course I'm only doing yard work, but that's OK.
I have to be careful with red wine......it tends to have an effect on me that is not really too family friendly to discuss. ;):D

Reactions: ryancmatchett
Upvote 0
Haha, I get a few here and there. We have mostly come to expect some sort of mess with her, at least this one was easy to clean up. :rolleyes:

Good Morning all. Long day for me, 8 hours of work, 4 hours of class, plus 2+ hours of driving, I left home at 4:45am, will get home at 7:30pm.

Good luck making it through the day! Sounds like a doozy.

Reactions: AntimonyER
Upvote 0
So I flashed the radios from the 4.0.4 OTA that went out to a few phones last week, and am seeing a solid 4G connection at my desk for the first time. Its been holding for 30 minutes, I am currently tethering my tablet and updating apps on it. These radios seem like a definite improvement, those of you who are unlocked/rooted, I highly recommend them.

Reactions: jmar
Upvote 0
We just switched from a 65 dlp to a 70
Inch led. We see a Big difference, the led is almost 3d . Our dlp was 5 years old and went through 3 bulbs and now the ballast. Bulbs ran from 175 to 300 depending on when we bought them and the ballast would have been another 175. We did look at the Mitsubishi as a potential replacement but were gun shy because of the expenses I note here.

I have a 56" Samsung DLP that is almost 6 years old, on nearly all day (my wife likes the background noise), and I have only had to replace one bulb. I love that TV, although it sure would be nice to be able to wall mount something and get the floor space back.

Upvote 0
I have a 56" Samsung DLP that is almost 6 years old, on nearly all day (my wife likes the background noise), and I have only had to replace one bulb. I love that TV, although it sure would be nice to be able to wall mount something and get the floor space back.

I've only had to replace one bulb in my Sony in about the same period of time. Great tv. When the bulb goes again though, we're going LED. I'm not going to pay the ridiculous prices for bulbs when I could get a new LED tv for a few more bills.

Upvote 0
Good morning. Have fun.

There is a row of five houses, each having a different colour. In these houses live five people of various nationalities. Each of them nurtures a different beast, likes different drinks and smokes different brand of cigars.

1. The Brit lives in the Red house.

2. The Swede keeps dogs as pets.

3. The Dane drinks tea.

4. The Green house is on the left of the White house.

5. The owner of the Green house drinks coffee.

6. The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.

7. The owner of the Yellow house smokes Dunhill.

8. The man living in the centre house drinks milk.

9. The Norwegian lives in the first house.

10. The man who smokes Blends lives next to the one who keeps cats.

11. The man who keeps horses lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.

12. The man who smokes Blue Master drinks beer.

13. The German smokes Prince.

14. The Norwegian lives next to the Blue house.

15. The man who smokes Blends has a neighbour who drinks water.

Who owns the fish?

Upvote 0
Good morning all. TGIF!

Good morning. Have fun.

There is a row of five houses, each having a different colour. In these houses live five people of various nationalities. Each of them nurtures a different beast, likes different drinks and smokes different brand of cigars.

3. The Dane drinks tea.

Who owns the fish?

I've seen this one before so I'll keep my mouth shut, but it is possible to do with the information above.

Upvote 0
Put a card in the mail yesterday morning. :)
Good morning. Have fun.

3. The Dane drinks tea.

Who owns the fish?
Took me longer than I'll care to admit, but I think I got it. Is this right, halon?

From left to right:
Yellow House: Norwegian, Cats, Water, Dunhill
Blue House: Dane, Horses, Tea, Blends
Red House: Brit, Birds, Milk, Pall Mall
Green House: German, Fish, Coffee, Prince
White House: Swede, Dogs, Beer, Blue Master

Answer: German

Upvote 0
Just got off the phone with AT&T customer support about over charges on my U-verse bill that have been recurring for the past 4 months (entire duration of my account with them). This is the 3rd time I've called about being charged too much. As I'm getting off the phone with the guy he says "Thank you for being the best part of AT&T"

Well...at least they're honest. AT&T CSRs sure as heck aren't the best part.

Upvote 0
Put a card in the mail yesterday morning. :)

Took me longer than I'll care to admit, but I think I got it. Is this right, halon?

From left to right:
Yellow House: Norwegian, Cats, Water, Dunhill
Blue House: Dane, Horses, Tea, Blends
Red House: Brit, Birds, Milk, Pall Mall
Green House: German, Fish, Coffee, Prince
White House: Swede, Dogs, Beer, Blue Master

Answer: German

I concur with this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones