Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

1. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

TGIF everyone

[​IMG]

@ BB, yes Red Wine :) I enjoy them but they simply make me oh so sleepy.
    BabyBlues likes this.
  2. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

This has been my experience as well.

Yes, thank sweet Baby Jesus in his golden fleece diaper, it's Friday. And also and too...red wine almost instantly gives me a headache. All wine makes me sleepy. And drunk. Quickly.
  3. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

How much wine do you people drink??? Does nothing for me :dontknow:

BTW...did anyone happen to see the TIME magazine cover?? WOW
  4. Unforgiven

Unforgiven On to Seattle... Moderator

Yeah, a little outrageous:rolleyes:
  5. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Can you imagine what will happen to that kid in high school if they connect the dots...
  6. MSUgEEk

I mean, I'm all for the natural ways of feeding your kids and how long you want to continue that is up to you....but doing that on a magazine cover when your child is that old....like you said Anti...when they connect the dots... I feel bad for the kid.
  7. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

That TIME cover is quite, wow. Yeah.
  8. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

I can see pretty much all sides of the block for the Time story. The mother doing what she feels is right. The kid possibly facing problems with peers when he is older. Society being a bit weirded out because it doesn't follow the traditional thinking.
    I think that one of the comments I heard on TV made a very good point - we have placed so much sexual innuendo on breasts that their original use has become something taboo to do outside your own home. I don't think a woman should just pull them out in the middle of a park but for feeding purposes, if done in a respectful manner, should not be cause for a media circus.
  9. MSUgEEk

I'm not really disagreeing or anything with the story, but that picture on the front was a bit much, lol.
  10. BabyBlues

I can't disagree with that BUT if it wasn't the story would never have made news like it is
  11. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

How long, exactly, does she plan to nurse him? Until puberty? :eek:

That poor kid's gonna have an Oedipal Complex a mile long...
  12. MSUgEEk

Eh, to be honest, I haven't read the story, just saw the picture, lol. But I get the point without even reading it. Had the discussion with the wife and some friends a few times. I've heard of, and know, people that have children old enough to ask for it and gain access unassisted. It's a little comical, but they feel like they are doing what is best. Personally, I think it could cause some psychological issues.
  13. Roze

I think if you're breastfeeding babies, it's OK to do it in public. The babies can't eat and needs the mothers' breast milk to survive. When the infant is introduced to food, then I believe they should be breast feed at home. I don't think it's natural to breastfeed a children when they are over 2 years old.
  14. BabyBlues

I had a midwife through my pregnancy. We called her Mother Nature - 6 kids and all breast fed until they were 4 when they self weaned. They 'seemed' to be well adjusted. And I have a friend who was 5 when she stopped - she does still have a thing for the bewbies so I guess it could have some sort of effect.
    Its one of those discussions that can get deep or funny or both and usually not cause any rifts between friends.
  15. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

Where's halon? I want to know if I got that riddle right, lol.

You got the same answers?
  16. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

I havent had a chance to do it yet. After work I'll try it. My niece sent it to me.
  17. Roze

From the breast Feeding article in the Times

I can understand if you're from a third world country, the benefit of extended breast feeding is acceptable.

I question the points bolded for people in North America and Western Europe. The majority of the people are well off (above poverty) so, breast feeding as a source in times of emergency makes no sense. The WHO also said that the age to breast feed could go out to 7 years old. I find that way too old. I also don't see how extended breast feeding is better for the child socially.
  18. Copacetic

Copacetic Well-Known Member

That's great! Are these different radios from the 4.04 a couple of months ago?
  19. Copacetic

You have gotten much better bulb life than us. Our tv is usually only on at night from around 7 our 8 until 11. ours was a Toshiba.
  20. Unforgiven

Unforgiven On to Seattle... Moderator

I imagine that the power cycles are far more detrimental to the life of the bulb than the on time.
  21. Copacetic

Could be, even though we only turned it off and on once a day. We enjoyed the tv, but the new led is no comparison, it's picture is amazing.
  22. MSUgEEk

If you have not seen the parody to Sexy and I know it, "Trekkies and we know it" ....I highly recommend watch it...now.
  23. ryancmatchett

ryancmatchett VIP Member VIP Member

SVT....San Diego zoo is great, as is sea world. Both great places to see, interact and visit with the animals. If you get a chance to go, and you are able...try to participate is some of the behind the scenes programs they offer. Such as a meal with the killer whales, penguin and monkey feeding, etc. Good luck and have fun!!

TGIF for all those Friday peeps....
    MSUgEEk likes this.
  24. MSUgEEk

I just sent you a PM. If you could help me out that would be so awesome! It's all touristy questions and I know CA is a big state, but I bet you could answer some of it :) Thanks in advance.
    ryancmatchett likes this.