Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

1. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Yes. And sure enough, came back from my class, and still holding 4G at my desk. These radios are looking good.
  2. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

I'm a little late on the Time article, but all I can say is, as a mother who breastfed, I could not even consider doing so once a) the child has teeth or at the very least b) is old enough to ask for it/get it him/herself. For me, the issue is more one of creating in the child a continued sense of dependency on the mother. What other animals continue feeding their young on an extended basis, once they are capable of feeding themselves? While I try not to judge people who choose to nurse into toddlerhood, I do believe that our job as parents is to foster a sense of dependency in our kids to prepare them for the cold cruel world, and I have to wonder if they do it for health benefits, or if it's an attachment/control/dependency-co-dependency thing. :dontknow:
    Roze and MSUgEEk like this.
  3. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

4. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! Moderator

5. dawnierae

I agree. And the bulk of Apple users that I know aren't even aware that they are already left in the technological dust (with Android offering turn by turn voice navigation). Those who take the time to educate themselves once they learn they will no longer have access to Google Maps may just flip to the dark side. :eek:
  6. BabyBlues

Do we have to tell them beforehand we lied about having cookies?
  7. dawnierae

We didn't lie. We do have cookies. At least I do. What dark side are YOU on? :D
  8. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Well-Known Member

You must go here too: San Diego Zoo Safari Park

It's the wild animal park as if it were African veldt. I prefer it to caged animals. You can even camp out (and hopefully not get eaten).

Sea World is great fun. Bring a clear plastic drop cloth and sit in the front row of the Shamu and dolphin shows. Also....big Budweiser Beer School! :D
  9. BabyBlues

WHERE'S MY COOKIES!!!!?????? *grumbling* "damn it, I always miss out on things"
  10. AntimonyER

And cupcakes, donuts, eclairs, frozen yogurt, and ice cream sammys too! ;)
    BabyBlues and dawnierae like this.
  11. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

12. dawnierae

Don't forget Gingerbread! :eating:
    BabyBlues likes this.
  13. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

And jellybeans!
  14. BabyBlues

I have to steal my parent's phones to get gingerbread. My poor daughter is on froyo. Lol. But those gingerbreads taste kinda funny
    dawnierae likes this.
  15. dawnierae

You have a virtual smorgasboard in your house, don't you?
  16. BabyBlues

Yeah....I have a slight problem with liking technology and manage to convince others to help feed that problem.
    dawnierae likes this.
  17. AntimonyER

Nonsense, you love your family and friends so much you are willing to give them the gift of Android, AND help them by keeping yourself up to date on their devices. :D
    BabyBlues likes this.
  18. Unforgiven

Unforgiven What does this button do? Moderator

Yeah, that:D
  19. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

We have a functioning 1929 Victrola that plays 78s and they sound so warm, so full and robust... no comparison to the cold bitstream of modern digital music.

From your post I guess you're looking for 33-1/3 LPs, though. Thrift stores and yard sales are a great place to find gems on the cheap. We have to hunt a little more for old 78s, though...
  20. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

I came to the same answer. That makes 3. So I guess it s right :)
    AntimonyER likes this.
  21. halon

I remember people talking about this stuff on blu-ray.com. Great forum over there. They had me wanting to start buying them.
  22. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

Yeah probably end up getting most 33-1/3s but just to get away from the digital. I think it'd be cool to just get home from work and put a record on - sounds so relaxing even if it happens to be upbeat music. Would be cool for when I have a family and stuff - blow my kids minds.
  23. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

Nice :D Good job guys.
    AntimonyER likes this.
  24. dawnierae

Same here. My husband wouldn't have a cell phone at all if it weren't for me, much less a smart phone. (He did flee to the iPhone, though...he couldn't handle Android. Too much for him.)

On another note, anyone remember Quiet Riot? They're playing at a small venue near me tonight, so we're going to go check 'em out. I think it's only the drummer from the original line up (I know the singer died some time back, not sure where the rest are.) I do love me some 80's rock. Don't judge. :rock:
  25. halon

Rock on, Dawnierae. Rock on..
    dawnierae likes this.