Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

1. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

Unfortunately I wiped my Thunderbolt and sdcard before I thought of that :eek:
  2. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! Moderator

So my only issue is that I can't change the folder to an icon. Am I missing a setting somewhere?
  3. bxojr

bxojr Well-Known Member

OK, I promised myself that today I would not plug my phone in... I want to run the battery down for calibration purposes. Been going nine and a half hours with 35% left. That's with moderate usage including several hours in 4G territory, with Bluetooth on.

I've already ordered the extended battery; I figured there was no reason not to, given how slim it is and the fact that it's on sale. If today is typical, this thing is going to be great with the extended battery.
  4. kokiangel

kokiangel Well-Known Member

You still have TiBu though don't you? It should still have your data on it too.
  5. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

So I hate to be naggy, but does anyone know if they exchange at the store, or will they need to ship me a replacement?

I have come to the conclusion that I have a defective display, unfortunately.
  6. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

That's what I did yup. : )

There are different methods but this is one!
  7. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

Phone rooted, ROM Manager installed, ClockworkMod Recovery flashed! Can't believe how smoothly everything went! :D I'm so happy with this phone!
    tom76 likes this.
  8. kokiangel

kokiangel Well-Known Member

I really miss being able to swipe down on my status bar to select and turn on wifi, bluetooth, GPS etc. but I have found a workaround. Anyone ever heard of bar control?

NM, I figured out that the settings is there after all. I just didn't recognize it.
  9. halon

No. I never bothered with that.

Egg on face once again :eek: LOL
  10. RazorSharp

Installed Titanium Backup, but.. I don't see it in my app drawer. Am I missing something?
  11. halon

What's wrong with your display?
  12. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

I think I may need a case for this beast its slick and a bit hard to hold on to compared to my Droid x. The few people I showed this phone to at work are floored lol :) battery OK but it has not been under my normal usage routine. Signal kind of ducky though I hope a fix is in the works
  13. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

If it's a corporate store, they should change it out if they can't fix it on the spot. IF they have one to give you. If they don't, they'll FedEx you one overnight.
  14. halon

I was at my nephew's bday party and took a panoramic pic and showed everyone. Everyone was all "wow! how did you do that?!"
    IndecisiveElle likes this.
  15. RazorSharp

Figured it out. Didn't know I needed the free app as well as the purchased pro key. :eek:
  16. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

Really? OS is taking up a lot of my juice. I'm on auto brightness
  17. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Widgetsoid in market does this. I've seen some screenshots showing it looks pretty nice haven't tried it myself.
    kokiangel and Selb7 like this.
  18. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Android OS right? Idk what it's supposed to say but I'm basing my battery life on a days and nights use. I can make it through the day on my usage. This is stock battery.

I'm on auto bright too. Do we know if this is a known issue the Android os wrongly keeping the phone awake and using excess battery? I'm asking. : D
  19. Evilgrin

Evilgrin Active Member

I got both phones at a local BJ's verizon kiosk got the cases at the same time.
  20. woodstorm

woodstorm Well-Known Member

Volume+ and Screen adjuster have fixed my only two complaints about the phone. It is now perfect. Hoping the next couple updates fix this so I don't have to rely on apps to make it right.
  21. zerocool79346

zerocool79346 Well-Known Member

Yeah it's a known "issue." I'm kind of wondering if the battery stats have been rewritten in ICS to account for Android OS in a different way than they did in GB. I can't see how my battery life could be as good as it is if there were a bug draining the phone.
    jmar and jbdan like this.
  22. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Wow, Screen Adjuster ROCKS! I just downloaded it and my grayish screen went dead WHITE! AWESOME! :D
  23. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Just got out of the Verizon store. The guy took a look and compared it with the store model and agreed that my display is defective.

Max brightness is equal to about 80% on a normal Gnex.

They exchanged it on the spot!

Now to get home, unlock, and root again!
    IndecisiveElle and sgrinavi like this.
  24. sgrinavi

sgrinavi Well-Known Member

I can't really complain about the battery life

[​IMG]
    jbdan likes this.
  25. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Really? What settings did you use?