1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

1. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

Hey there. I would suggest booting into recovery to flash. If you need some instruction on how to do this I am sure it is out there but it basically goes like this.

Boot into recovery.
    Wipe data (this wipes cache for you)
    In the advanced menu wipe dalvik cache
    Back out and in the mounts/storage menu wipe, system, data, and cache.
    Then back out again and choose flash zip, then choose install from SD card, locate your ROM and flash. Then do the same navigation to get to gapps and flash that!
    Reboot!
    Profit!

jmar
    ajdroidx likes this.
  2. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

Titanium does my backups daily at 3am. I always do user apps and data without any issues when I switch ROMs (I usually have 100+ apps that I have installed). The only system app I ever do is CarHome, but I always recommend that you never do any system apps unless you are willing to break things and have to fix it.
  3. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! Moderator

Mine is Mon, Wed and Friday at 3 am.
  4. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Alright, guess I should finally jump on this. I bought TiBa ages ago but never used it. I didn't mind wiping user data (ie: SMS) when loading new ROMs. It's just passwords for Twitter, FB and data for my Metro app that are a pain to reload. Hopefully I can find a quick tutorial for the app around here as I know it's pretty powerful. If I have any questions, you all look to be quite helpful. :)

Good morning everyone! Beautiful Saturday morning here. What to do today?
  5. Copacetic

Copacetic Well-Known Member

if anyone is up, i could use a little help. I downloaded the new radios, started rom manager, clicked flash clockwork mod recovery and ended up with the poor little guy dead with the dreaded red triangle on his back. I can get out of it with a battery pull but what is going on here?
  6. BabyBlues

Morning!
    I had that happen too. I stopped using ROM manager. Once you get back up and running use your power button to boot into recovery.
  7. BabyBlues

Morning Dread! I have a day of errand running and then dinner at a Brazilian BBQ. Hope you don't have to spend all day in the restaurant.
    breadnatty08 likes this.
  8. Copacetic

Thanks BB, its been a while since i have done that, please remind me how, and thanks this early saturday morning!

Never mind I remembered, hold both volume up and down, hit power, lol, it was a brain freeze.
  9. Copacetic

Thanks for the tip, it also did not work, he is still on his back. I will keep searching on line, let me know if anyone has any other ideas.
  10. Unforgiven

Unforgiven What does this button do? Moderator

There is some file you need to rename to prevent the GNex from rewriting the stock recovery back on reboot. Check the ATR sticky. I think it is mentioned in there.
    BabyBlues likes this.
  11. BabyBlues

Sorry Copacetic - I know Pup is right but the guys here walked me through it all and I can't remember all the details. :eek::(
    ryancmatchett likes this.
  12. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

DarthSilentBob and BabyBlues like this.
  13. Copacetic

thanks Pup, I did that, but i am still stuck. I think that even though i still have rom manager that i have lost clockworkmod...is that even possible?
  14. Unforgiven

Yes, try loading cwm again.
  15. Copacetic

16. Unforgiven

I haven't done it in a while, in fact, I still have the stock recovery. I just flash it through Rom Manager before I reboot each time I want to do a nand or anything else in CWM.
  17. Copacetic

i am running the first leaked 4.04 but nothing works in rom manager. that is why i think i lost clockwork mod, maybe i will go back and re-root and see if that fix's it.
  18. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

I had the same thing happen several weeks ago. I had to connect the phone back up to the computer and go find the snippets I needed to do from the root tutorial again. I just installed CWM using those instructions and I was back up and running within a few minutes.

http://androidforums.com/verizon-ga...gs-root-samsung-galaxy-nexus.html#post3736600

I think that, section 2, should get you going again.

• Edit: I do not use ROM Manager at all with this phone. I always manually boot into CWM and do everything myself. That way if something does go wrong, I know what happend and I know I'm responsible and not something a program screwed up for me. I always find it easier to recover from mistakes I made thatn mistakes someone else made.
    BabyBlues likes this.
  19. breadnatty08

Brazilian BBQ sounds great! Today is one of those rare days that I don't have to work :confused::D
  20. breadnatty08

Has it prompted you for SU permissions? (or consequently denied them?)
    Did you flash just the radios/bootloader, or the whole ROM itself? I wonder if it unrooted you?
    Like geek said, I only use ROM Manager to flash CWM (latest) and rename backups if need be. Everything else is done in Clockwork. It's a great app and Koush is a fantastic developer, but, getting things some the "manual" way seems best. :)
  21. breadnatty08

Guess I'm just talking to myself this morning :eek::p
    I know I should avoid it, but I always like to read up on reviews from Yelp to see how we're doing. And, this (from our other location in VA) is why I shouldn't be reading:
    Pete's New Haven Style Apizza - Arlington, VA
  22. BabyBlues

I think people are just waking up - or at least more people. But weekends are usually slower here anyway.
  23. MSUgEEk

Yep weekends are slow here. Makes my weekend work go by slower consequently.
  24. MSUgEEk

25. MSUgEEk

ryancmatchett likes this.