Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

1. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Happy Mother's Day BB, dawnierae and any others I am forgetting. My wife loved her present, I must say it turned out really well. She even won a drawing at church for an extra gift this morning.

Alright, well back to family time.
    dawnierae and BabyBlues like this.
  2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven What does this button do? Moderator

This is Pam's last two mothers day gifts. Painted the house last year, gardens this year. She is happy to no longer be embarrassed by our front yard.
    [​IMG]
  3. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

Vacation over. Back to work in a few... :(
  4. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! Moderator

Thanks Anti!
    What did you get her?

Gorgeous!!
    I just weeded the bed around Mom's Japanese tree today. She was quite happy.
  5. ASC

ASC I'm Shy VIP Member

Hello Everyone! I haven't been on in a long time, but wanted to pop in and say HI & Happy Mothers Day to the Moms on here.

And also, I heard of a new way apps are going to try to push ad's onto our phones, and figured I'd let everyone know about it. I know that everyone hates AirPush and other intrusive ad's, but I think this is just as bad if not worse. It's called SellaRing. If it is downloaded with an app it will place audio ad's when you make an outgoing phone call. So instead of hearing the typical "ring ring ring" before they pick up you'll hear an advertisement. Pretty ridiculous in my opinion.

Mobile Advertising Network for Android

I understand the need for dev's to make money by putting ad's in their free apps, but intrusive ad's such as Airpush & Sellaring are just unacceptable to me. Any app I find having push ads like these get's deleted immediately.

Cheers! :)

ASC
  6. nkk

nkk Well-Known Member

I read your post five or six times and each time I kept telling my self that you could not have possibly painted the attached picture. I was just about to reply and tell you that you were very skilled when it hit me that you painted the physical house. So...yeah. I am apparently a bit slow today.

Nkk
  7. AntimonyER

I made her a movie/slideshow of pics and videos of her and the kids over the years. She was tearing up pretty good, always a good sign she likes it. Said it was the best gift ever. I'm pretty proud of myself :)
    BabyBlues and ASC like this.
  8. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

9. halon

The Avengers

Domestically, the Joss Whedon action adventure added $103.2 million, which is the first time in history a film has crossed the $100 million mark its second weekend.

That means in just 19 days, the $220 million-budgeted film has surpassed The Dark Knight's $1,001.9 million and has climbed to the 11th spot on the all-time worldwide list. It's also the fastest film to reach the $200 million mark domestically in three days, the fastest to reach $300 million in nine days, it has the highest Saturday ($69.5 million) and Sunday ($57 million) totals of all time, and the second-biggest single-day gross of all time ($80.8 million).

It should easily make it to 3rd in all time top grossing. Then it will have to take on Titanic and Avatar, currently at $1.8 billion and $2.8 billion.
  10. BabyBlues

Now that you say that I remember you telling us. Sorry - brain fart.
    AntimonyER likes this.
  11. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Halon, as much as I adore Joss Whedon (and seriously, is there a better show than Buffy ever?), I am hoping Dark Night Rises will outdo itself. Avengers was fantastic, but I think the lack of tangible plot was its only downside. I think DKR will rectify that and still have plenty of action.
  12. halon

I have to say that I've never watched Buffy. I agree with you completely on all points. To add, Chris Nolan has made the best comic book series to date. I just want to see someone beat Avatar. It is nit that I dislike Avatar, I just want to see it be done.
  13. Copacetic

Copacetic Well-Known Member

Ok, I just cleaned my TPU case for our Nexies....can you say EWE! :)
  14. BabyBlues

You found a sheep?? What in the world were you doing with the case???? :D:p
  15. Copacetic

Copacetic Well-Known Member

Haha, lol. It might as well have been, it was pretty dirty ;)
  16. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

Happy Mother's Day Ladies! Busy all day! Thanks for all you do!

Night!
  17. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

They're a nice group of guys. My husband's friend was the promoter for the show, so he gave us the VIP admission with the meet and greet. It was a GREAT show, too. AND, I caught a guitar pick...cuz I got skillz. :D
    [​IMG]

Isn't that a conflict of interest or something?

Awww...hope your mom had more smiles for Mother's Day than tears. As for the meat fest, you're a better woman than me. This weekend was just an eat-fest, and I made no preemptive strike...I will pay for it this week, I'm sure. We started with IHOP for breakfast before our marathon prom preparation day, then we took the girls to Brio Tuscan Grille for pre-prom dinner...where we shared five desserts. Yes, I said five. Don't judge me. Then the hub brought me my favorite breakfast for Mother's Day...Hardee's Cinnamon and Raisin biscuits. And finally, we took my mom to TGI Fridays for dinner for Mother's Day. :eek:

Busy weekend, but a good one. Thanks everyone for the Mom's Day wishes. BB, hope yours was wonderful. Foster daughter and BFF's daughter looked beautiful for prom and they had a blast, even without dates. Maybe especially without dates. :D
    [​IMG]

And finally...Happy Monday!
    BabyBlues likes this.
  18. AntimonyER

Morning all. Another week. I got nothing this morning :p
  19. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

HAHA! I hear ya.

I purchased iPhoto for the iPad this weekend and put a ton of photos on there that we've taken over the year so far and I will have to say, the editing features are really nice. Granted they are no Photoshop or Lightroom, but pretty powerful tools nonetheless
  20. Unforgiven

Morning all, back at work recovering from my weekend.
  21. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

Good morning all - hope you all had a good weekend!

Gotta catch up on some email from the weekend, but seems to be a slow day so far. Nothing pressing and nothing broken - always a good Monday morning when its quiet.
  22. BabyBlues

Good morning! Glad to hear everyone's weekends went well!
  23. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

Yogurt and granola for breakfast this morning - delicious.

[​IMG]
  24. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

wow Pup!! That's pretty amazing :) Lots of sweat and tears put into the reno!

So now...BBQ parties that won't embarrass your wife? :D

Sounds like a wonderful gift :) *thinks* the most thoughtful gifts are the best.

I'm the opposite, I simply hate iTune :mad: One reason why I would never use an iPhone.

So, you did both the front and backyard? or the (ex)pool and the shed are in the front yard? lol.

Well your daughter and her friend are both gorgeous in their prom dresses. I just hope the guy that decided not to take her to prom kicked himself for the next mile or so for being a complete idiot!

Morning everyone! I had a really busy weekend. I've been babysitting my 2 nieces and 2 nephews from Friday to Sunday :( So I'm quite tired now -_-zzzz) On Saturday, the neighbours' kids (3) decided to come over and play, so I ended up taking care of 7 kids!!!
    dawnierae and Unforgiven like this.
  25. Unforgiven

Thanks Roze,

June 16th is my oldest stepsons high school graduation party, so I was on a deadline to have a presentable yard. I did both the front yard and back yard. Now that most of it has been cleaned up, it will be easier to maintain going forward (that and not running around getting kids to and fro) and picking at the edges.