Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

1. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

Hurricane season is kind of a big deal in my business (insurance). Irene cost my company millions in property damage, most of which was in New England rather than Florida as we would typically expect. As long as we don't get significant damage, I find hurricanes fascinating as well. Since we have a whole house generator, hurricanes usually mean our house is full with friends, their kid and their pets, etc. and we turn it into a party. On the down side, as a public servant, my hubby usually has to work for 4-5 days straight until the city returns to some sort of normalcy after the hurricane passes.

I'm with everyone else...not touching it with a ten foot pole.
  2. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

Makes ya wonder doesn't it.
  3. Unforgiven

Unforgiven What does this button do? Moderator

Yep, mee too. The money traffic (on the web) is declining, while mobile (poorly monetized) is growing. I've seen it myself that there is less traffic on there in general. There have been rumbles about them adding ads to the feed in order to better monetize mobile users, but I suspect that will further drive users away.
  4. MSUgEEk

I've heard that as well. Also heard of something they're going to do called pay to promote or something like that where users pay to make their posts more visible. Maybe that's the same thing you were thinking about, but I took it as they were going to allow normal users to pay a small fee that would make their post(s) more prominent on friends' feeds. Which I think is ridiculous if true. But like you said, the second that start putting ads in the feeds will be when they drive users away and that's soon going to be the only way to add revenue because mobile web use is taking over.
  5. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Hmm, interesting, so pretty soon the most obnoxious users (you have to be an obnoxious user to pay to have your posts upgraded) and businesses will buy the top spots in my feed? Sounds like a good excuse to cleanse my friends list.
  6. Unforgiven

Yeah, the people I'd want to hear from I can't, and the obnoxious ones won't shut up.
  7. MSUgEEk

Sounds like a good excuse for me to finally leave facebook. This and the fact that one of them renounced their US citizenship to skip out on taxes. May just decide to deactivate my account for good on public IPO day.
  8. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! Moderator

Sounds like a good reason for me to start saving ALL the pics and sayings that are sure to offend people!
    dawnierae likes this.
  9. AntimonyER

Unforgiven and BabyBlues like this.
  10. MSUgEEk

WOW!! ROFL!!! That's hilarious. "lack of traction"

"The commercial, which has garnered more than two million views on YouTube, closes with the slogan, "Whatever you do in bed, Sealy supports it.""
  11. Unforgiven

^^^tee hee. That amused my sophomoric sense of humor.:D
  12. MSUgEEk

It isn't so much that it is difficult, he said. "It's just that coils give you bounce, which you don't get on memory foam. It's a lot more physically intense because you're not getting any help from the bed."
  13. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

So, in conclusion you need two beds in your room. One for sex and the other for sleep and you're good!!!

So, I saw this article and I didn't get the smart answer. I don't know how you come to the analytical answer. Someone please enlighten me.

For the life of me, I don't know how to get an answer of $5
    Religion and Reason | Psychology Today
    dawnierae likes this.
  14. Unforgiven

The riddle is easy enough, how does it predict whether you are religious or not?
  15. MSUgEEk

No clue. I'm a very analytical person but also am a Christian (I refuse to say religious, that gets you nothing..you can be religious about watching pr0n). I don't know how anyone could come up with $5.
  16. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't get that either - how can you get an answer of $5?

EDIT: Never mind, here it is:
    Actually, answer 10 means you can't add or subtract. Or, more likely, you lack reading comprehension. If the ball costs $10, the bat costs $90 more than the bat, not 100.

Ball: 5
    Bat: 105

105 + 5 = 110 / Ball and bat cost $110
    105 - 5 = 100 / Bat costs 100 more than ball

5 is the correct answer.
    Read it too quickly, oops. :eek:
  17. Unforgiven

Answer hidden:

$105 (bat) + $5 (ball) = $110
    $105 (bat) - $5 (ball) = $100 more than the price of the ball.
    MSUgEEk likes this.
  18. AntimonyER

I agree, I got it right, but am also very religious. I still went about my decision in an analytical way. I look at everything on Earth and in the Universe, and think, there is no WAY this is random. :D
  19. MSUgEEk

eh, read it too quickly. I see it now.
  20. Roze

I suck at reading comprehension tests :(
  21. Unforgiven

Oh, I forgot to mention. A family member who is also an Android fan is now gainfully employed at a VZW store (he has been working at Walmart selling phones for a few years now). He, um, offered to let me know if anything comes up that might be of interest to me.;)

I would be remiss if I didn't share that with my like minded friends.:D
    jmar, Stigy, RazorSharp and 2 others like this.
  22. AntimonyER

Sweet! Inside sources are always appreciated. I miss the days of "The Source". Remember the chaos after those little tidbits? Good times.
    dawnierae likes this.
  23. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

Hahaha. Did we ever find out who The Source was? Just an insider that Steven knows?
  24. Roze

And he's a member of AndroidForum? If not, you better make him join! You're not a full Android fan until you join AndroidForum ;) lol
    jmar likes this.
  25. Unforgiven

I'll get him to join with a username that doesn't identify him in RL in case he wants to share directly.
    Roze likes this.