Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Last Updated:

1. sgrinavi

sgrinavi Well-Known Member

Awesome service. Did they mentioned if they had many gnex's being returned?

Advertisement
  2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

I simply set "System Brightness" to 50%. I tried 75% but it was blinding. Mess around with it, I left everything else alone... but that certainly did the trick for me.
  3. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Gawh the development for this phone is sick already! Roms popping up on xda about 2 per day.... made the right choice in phones we did. :D
    fiatandroid likes this.
  4. brocktice

brocktice Well-Known Member

What did you set it to?

Ugh ninja'd 2x
  5. woodstorm

woodstorm Well-Known Member

System is set around 70% with adjuster at 100% and -7 Contrast got rid of the splotchy blacks in video playback for me.

Volume+ speaker set at 8 gives me my DX speaker back. Ecstatic:D
    Shades.549, jbdan and The_Chief like this.
  6. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Whew, today has been crazy. Haven't had a chance to play with my phone at all. What's new?
  7. woodstorm

The Pope endorsed The GNex as his daily driver and Verizon has apologized for being Verizon. Other than that...nothing much. How about you?:p
    sgrinavi likes this.
  8. willyjay

willyjay Active Member

I had vertical banding pretty bad and they exchanged it for me at a corp store. Just installed screen adjuster based on previous posts and WOW!

edit...may go back to auto brightness just for gp
    woodstorm likes this.
  9. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

The guy said that one person tried exchanging it with a scratched screen. He was not successful.

I don't think they've had any other people exchanging. There were a lot of people there; I was afraid they had sold out, but he said that they'd gotten a big shipment.
    sgrinavi likes this.
  10. woodstorm

The great news is that the volume video issues are definitely software related so fixes should be rolling out from either Google or devs soon
    willyjay likes this.
  11. zx10droid

zx10droid Well-Known Member

ok... just got in from dinner, about to do this root/CWM thing... wish me luck
    jbdan likes this.
  12. clearym

clearym Well-Known Member

Just wanted to share...

Finally got a chance to show off my Nexus to a couple of friends and in the 4+ hrs we were hanging out I barely got any time with my phone. Both are definitely going to get one, but not until the price comes down a little.
  13. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

gl!
  14. altimax98

altimax98 Well-Known Member

GL we will be here if/when you need us
  15. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

man I am so happy with my phone now!

I'm looking at the display with a super critical eye now, and see nothing unpleasant.
  16. IndecisiveElle

IndecisiveElle Well-Known Member

Just got home from family christmas

1) glad someone posted the link about how to unlock/root on a Mac. Big reason why I didn't do it day 1, I don't have a PC right now.

2) I like the incipio cases. Had one for my charge but I found it too bulky. Love Love love my diztronic TPU case but I hope SGP comes out with their bumper style ones at some point.

3) didn't like light flow! Even after checking a missed call or gmail, it would keep blinking. I'll stick with the built in gosms led alert for now.
  17. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

Good luck!!
  18. BabyBlues

I had the same lightflow problem. Its in the settings of each one to turn off the blink after swiping down the notification bar.
  19. IndecisiveElle

IndecisiveElle Well-Known Member

Pretty sure I did that but I'll try again :) I like the concept.
  20. sgrinavi

sgrinavi Well-Known Member

Was it easier to unlock & root the second time?
  21. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

I actually didn't see the need for Light Flow - I quite like the blink as it is now!
    jbdan likes this.
  22. BabyBlues

It took me 2 times to get everything set right. Its one of my favorite apps now
  23. zx10droid

ok, followed the instructions in the how to root section, downloaded the superboot.zip file, extracted it to a new folder in the sdk, rebooted into fastboot and double clicked the superboot.bat file, now it seems to be hung at the google screen with the unlock symbol... anyone experience this?

edit: nvmd, after reading one more line in the instruction area, scary alien stated that if it happened to get hung at the google screen, let it go for a few minutes(i allowed 10) then simply do a battery pull and reboot. did that and superuser is there and im now rooted :D:D:D now time to figure out CWM
    woodstorm likes this.
  24. BabyBlues

Look what fedex delivered today!

[​IMG]
  25. zx10droid

nice! :) diggin the nail color too
    BabyBlues likes this.