Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Last Updated:

1. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Well, I am not the foremost expert, but I believe with root you are able to flash ROMs and update.zips (otherwise Moto would never be able to flash Roms). However to flash custom kernels, radios etc. SEPARATELY You must have unlocked bootloader.

Advertisement
    The_Chief likes this.
  2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Ha, about none! :p
    Just thought it was cool that he was getting involved in the tech scene (though apparently he's an iPhone guy).
  3. breadnatty08

Ugh, AF is slow as molasses again. I'm just keeping open several tabs so I don't have to wait for pages to load. Anyone else seeing this?
  4. Unforgiven

Unforgiven -.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... Moderator

^^^exactly
  5. Unforgiven

Unforgiven -.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... Moderator

I always have 10-15 tabs open, this isn't as bad as yesterday, but it is a little laggy.
  6. breadnatty08

Yeah, I've been hanging out in the EVO 4G LTE area talking with those folks. They're all so excited. :D I figure if they're the ones slowing the site down, might as well join them. :)

And, damn, 10-15 tabs! My wife always nags me when I have more than a few open. :rolleyes:
  7. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

Happy to see fellow tabaholics. I usually have around ten on my laptop.
    ryancmatchett likes this.
  8. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

My boys won again yesterday! Defeated #2 LSU 3-2. We're on a roll! 5-0 in the last 5 games all against top 15 ranked opponents. Going for 6 straight today against #13 Kentucky. Lose today and we face elimination tomorrow against the winner of LSU and Ole Miss. Win today and we get tomorrow off and are in the semi-finals!
  9. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

Good morning all - almost Friday.

Devils won and brought the series 3-2 and next game is at home. I'd love to win the East at home and then start the cup next week.

So tired and even though I said I would stop drinking soda, I need a Mt Dew or something this morning, ugh.
  10. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Dread, I've fallen back onto the "non-root" side of the fence. I like stock. I don't really NEED a ROM on this thing.

Between Google Music only allowing so many shots at this (and only 10 de-authorizations) and Wallet not wanting to cooperate with rooted users, I am very hesitant to proceed.

I have said many times: I have my phone just the way I want it. It works very well, despite the occasional PITA connectivity thing. Unlocking and rooting, just to get a jump on an OTA that may show up in the next 48 hours anyway, seems like a step forward and two steps back for me.

:eek:
    breadnatty08 likes this.
  11. MSUgEEk

BTW...we got 4G towers turned on in our area last night...holy crap!
    Stigy likes this.
  12. breadnatty08

Great to hear!! When I first used it on my Bionic, I was like "holy crap! this is fast". Works great when tethering to my Prime too; nearly as fast as my home wifi. :)
  13. Stigy

Welcome to the future!
  14. breadnatty08

Seriously, AF is crawling. I'm trying to move threads and PM people, and it's becoming a chore. Ugh. Keep getting nginx errors (and don't even know what they are?).
  15. MSUgEEk

Haha, for real! I really thought we'd be the last to get it or left in the dark totally. Our town literally has a population of less than 1,500 and it's 20 miles to the nearest city. City of 20,000 to the east 20 miles and one of 40,000 to the west 20 miles. The city of 40,000 didn't even have 4G last week, I guess they turned those on too. The other one has had it for a while now because it's on the outskirts of a semi-major metro area of around 400k. I had noticed the last month or two the signal was spreading our direction from that town and I guess they turned the other one on too and we're getting the benefits.
  16. Stigy

FYI: CoreModule
  17. AntimonyER

Yeah, my town is almost 30k, with an additional 20k in college students. No sign yet of 4G, it's still about 20 miles away.
  18. Stigy

Oh goodness so slow.

Moving threads, editing my posts and PMing users is becoming impossible.
  19. MSUgEEk

20. breadnatty08

Yeah, I'm now up to 7 AF tabs just to keep up. Ugh. And, it's definitely not the EVO LTE guys, there's barely any action going on over there. :confused:
  21. vikingking50

vikingking50 Member

Hello all, it's been a while but I have a quick question. I have unlocked and rooted my gnex since release but never did anything to it. Will the OTA still push to my phone since i'm running stock 4.0.2?
  22. AntimonyER

Yes, although it may break root.
    vikingking50 likes this.
  23. HanSolo

HanSolo Well-Known Member

Well, I'm sure you guys already vented about this a week or so ago, but I just now saw it, regarding Verizon's latest "F-U" to its customers:

Verizon unlimited-data customers can keep plans -- with a caveat - latimes.com

My wife and I have decided that we are jumping to AT&T in the fall. She's an iSheep, and the iPhone 5 will probably be available then. Will we get a dramatically improved plan at AT&T? Nope. But we are so sick of Verizon's shitty tactics that this is the only move for us. AT&T's LTE is great in the Chicago area anyway.

Actually, once they do away with unlimited data, that changes the contract for us, which means we can cancel immediately with no early-termination fee. That's probably the way to go.
  24. AntimonyER

They aren't going to remove your unlimited until you take the action to upgrade, they will be honoring the current contract until you renew. So no get out of jail free card unfortunately.
  25. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Well-Known Member

Hey Jmar, tried to PM you but your mailbox is full :D

Figured the public discussion of open mouth sores was too much even for this crowd :eek: