Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

1. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

2. HanSolo

HanSolo Well-Known Member

I will look very closely at the contract and see if there is a loophole I can find. It is good being a lawyer sometimes, lol. And working with sharks.

Either way, I'll never buy another phone from those idiots again.
    dawnierae and AntimonyER like this.
  3. HanSolo

HanSolo Well-Known Member

Or maybe I'll just stay with Verizon and let my wife go to AT&T when she wants the iPhone. I just checked our data usage. In 9 days, my wife has used 0.07 GB of data. I've used 11.2.

That's going to be a problem.

lol
  4. breadnatty08

I'm honestly looking forward to shared data. The wife barely uses any and I max out at around 2gig a month. If we can get a shared 5Gig plan for less than 2 unlimited plans, I'm all for it.
  5. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

I agree. I barely use 1 GB and my wife might use 500MB. If we could get a 4-5GB plan for $40 it would be better than 2 unlimiteds at $60.
    breadnatty08 likes this.
  6. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Yeah, I agree with you, my wife barely uses any, and even I use only around 2GB/mo. A shared plan could very well save us money. But my concern is in the future, if we truly are going to mobile data culture, how valuable will that unlimited plan be 5 years from now...
  7. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

True. The way things are going now, any kind of unlimited data plan would be very valuable in a few years from now. Even my home internet has a cap on it at 250GB. Don't see ever using that much, but it is a cap. However, we all know the Verizon "Unlimited Data" plan is not truly unlimited. They will shut you down if they decide you're using too much.
  8. AntimonyER

But doesn't the Block C thing prevent them from throttling LTE?
  9. breadnatty08

I'm more looking forward to citywide wifi hotspots. :D
  10. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Nope... I prefer to photograph women with more teeth than the tanning booth has bulbs... hard to do in TN...

DID I JUST SAY THAT???? AIEEEEE :eek:

:D

We have 4 smartphones, 3 of them are 4G. Used by 2 adult kids and me. That's a LOT of data... so we would almost certainly need the 10GB/mo bucket at $80.

We are currently locked in a mind-blowing promotion (no end date) of $9.95/mo for unlimited on each line :D . Which means that switching to a family data plan will COST us $40/mo MORE.

:mad:

However: Losing the extra $960 over two years to Verizon is cheaper than buying 4 smartphones at full retail every 2 years... and they know it. They are also the only carrier with signal here - and no other company will even think of having 4G here for years. Once again, Big Red has us over a barrel and is picking our wallets (while insisting on having the best customer service in the industry).

TRIPLE :mad: :mad: :mad:
  11. AntimonyER

Question for everyone. While I am waiting for a page to load, if I swipe my mouse over the page header (anywhere from the football app announcement and higher), it immediately stops loading the page. Does anyone else have this happening?
  12. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

Here we go again!

[​IMG]
  13. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

What the heck are you DOING with that phone? I never even break the 2GB threshold. I'm on wifi when I'm at home. Used to have it at work, but we don't anymore, but still not cracking the 2GB threshold. In fact, all 4 of our phones put together (mine is the only 4g phone, but all 4 are smart phones) don't hit 11.2 GB - and two of them are used by teenagers and they are hardly ever on wifi.

How in the world did you end up with THAT sweet deal?
  14. blkbeltkid17

blkbeltkid17 Well-Known Member Contributor

Hello my loves long time no see how is everyone in here today
  15. Unforgiven

Unforgiven What does this button do? Moderator

Slow, how bout you blkbelt
  16. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

Wow, thanks :)
    Glad my sometimes non incoherent posts are appreciated :)

I am still unsure which way to go.
    Do I buy out my droid x contract or just kill the line. Either way it cost about the same as a new line and phone. Do I kill off my Xoom? If I buy out my contract by "upgrading at full price" I will go on a month to month contract.

My sister has a 4s I can mess around with.

What we need is some clever hacker that can stick android ICS and iOS in a blender to get the best of both worlds. Yup, not only do I like cake, I enjoy eating it too :D

Oh, and 500th post here on AF! :D
    The_Chief, AntimonyER and Unforgiven like this.
  17. Unforgiven

Congrats on 500 aj, you are now a senior member. You may change your tag to assimilation complete.:rofl:
    ajdroidx likes this.
  18. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

Not until I get an iPhone :p:D
  19. Unforgiven

Having an iPhone doesn't preclude you from being assimilated to AF. Your always welcome here.
    ajdroidx likes this.
  20. AntimonyER

Well, at least until you make the argument that even though an Android phone has higher ppi than the iPhone, the iPhone is better because of its retina display... I think we cut you off at that point ;)
    ajdroidx likes this.
  21. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

22. AntimonyER

Congrats Stigy!
    Stigy likes this.
  23. Unforgiven

Congratulations Stigy. Good job.
    Stigy likes this.
  24. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! Moderator

Yay Stigy!!!
  25. CaptainRon

CaptainRon Well-Known Member

Way to go Stigy.

I'll be interested in hearing the difference between downloads for Android and iOS
    Stigy likes this.