Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

1. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

Here is the link to the App Store for anyone with iOS devices: App Store - Nibbles Calculator & Tracker

iPad Version is only 2x resolution for right now - working on a SplitView version specifically for iPad right now, which should be really nice.
  2. Stigy

Thanks everyone!

Honestly it may be a lot lower for iOS due to not being able to use the Weight Watchers name or WW acronym. Right now its only going to be word of mouth downloads, but that can get you pretty far if it starts spreading.

Going to make a blog post over on my iOS blog and then promote it on FB and Twitter and see what I can get picked up.
  3. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ~Play Nice~ Moderator

Are there user reviews in the ios app store? Maybe someone could mention how great it works with ww.;)
  4. HanSolo

HanSolo Well-Known Member

Lol. I stream netflix like crazy, and we also watch a ton of hulu at home. It's also my only internet at home. I'm trying to think back to what else I've been downloading, but pretty much that's it. I've downloaded a bunch of shows that I missed (American Idol, Game of Thrones, etc.), and I suppose they are about 1 GB a pop (they are in HD), so yeah, it makes sense.

But the way Verizon keeps screwing people over, I'm not remorseful in the least. In fact, since I found out their little scheme, I think I'll be taking requests from my coworkers to see who wants shows downloaded!

Frakking Verizon.
  5. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Believe it or not, Dawnierae, Verizon ran a promotion in January 2011 to whack $20/mo off each unlimited data plan. That's right: $9.95/mo unlimited! Great time to snag smartphones and get 4 unlimited lines, huh? And that's what we did. There is NO expiration date on the promo... once locked in, you basically have it for life ( or until you're forced to give it up :mad: ).

So we've been skating quite nicely for over a year. Now suddenly Big Red discovered that WOW, they're losing money on us! Hence the family data bucket thing. I tell ya, if I knew I could buy 2 smartphones a year at full retail and alternate years, I'd keep this promo forever out of sheer spite.
    dawnierae likes this.
  6. HanSolo

HanSolo Well-Known Member

Finally watched Hunger Games a couple of weeks ago. Loved it so much I read all three books in a week!

Great story.
  7. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

Just axed my droid x
  8. Stigy

Yup there are reviews although I don't think the iOS indexer grabs keywords from the reviews. I could be wrong though.
  9. Unforgiven

Does google index them? A causal relationship between your app and WW could be established, especially if folks say they use the app on Android as well.:cool:
  10. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

Congrats!
    I thought about trying to develop my own apps but never got into it. iOS is coded in C, right? and android java/C?
    Stigy likes this.
  11. Stigy

I write my Android apps in Java via Eclipse.

I write my iOS apps in Titanium Appcelerator using Javacsript. Didn't feel like learning Objective-C honestly.
  12. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

Congrats Stigy!
    Stigy likes this.
  13. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

Wow....I don't blame you. I'm not terribly concerned about the capped data. My daughter's line is a 2GB line because we didn't add her until after they quit doing unlimited. But the principal of them pulling the rug out irks me.
  14. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

So it looks like a Nexus tablet is coming with Tegra 3 but everything else about the tablet will have lower than expected hardware; i.e. ram, memory, screen, cameras(?). However, a possible $199 price tag. AND possibly ship with Jelly Bean.

Would you buy?
  15. The_Chief

No I would not buy.

Until I can get an Android tablet on which I can install printer drivers and print documents, etc without a transfer to the PC, then I have no use for one. In fact: even THEN I have no use for one :)
  16. halon

I don't have a use for a tablet. If I were to buy one it would be just to say I have one.

I was my nephews confirmation this past weekend and there was a lady taking pics with a tablet. To me that is just crazy.
  17. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Morning all!
    Congrats Stigy, maybe I didn't see but what are you charging for your app on iOS? Just really curious what devs. make (I know Apple takes quite a chunk).
  18. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Haha, 5 hours for me too. Fridays are the worst in that regard.

Hey Chief, just so you know, if you get a network (wifi) printer, you can print documents just fine directly from a tablet. :D

Well looks like we get to watch the tropics again this weekend. And still over a week till Hurricane season. Fun.
  19. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Fortunately, my schedule will be shifting in another week so I don't have to close on Thursdays and then open Fridays (to a fun 13 hours shift!).
  20. The_Chief

Yeah, that's one big honkin' expensive "IF". I priced network home printers and the only one that came anywhere near my budget also came with horrendous reviews.

No, for $300-$500 I'll walk 20 feet to the home office, thank you :)
    AntimonyER likes this.
  21. Stigy

I don't understand why Android doesn't have a "Print" option like iOS does. Not that I find myself wanting to print stuff, but to know its there is nice.

Good morning everyone - TGIF! Heading up to Boston after work for the weekend with the girlfriend for some relaxing and sight seeing.
  22. Unforgiven

Anything in mind?
  23. Stigy

We have a list of things to do.

Quincy Market, the aquarium, Sam Adams & Harpoon Brewery tours.

Anything you'd recommend?
  24. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

Morning everyone! Our luck ran out yesterday and we suffered our first loss of the tournament. Elimination game today at 3PM against the number 2 team in the country.

Congrats on getting your app approved Stigy!
    Stigy likes this.
  25. halon

So can't wait for next week. Extra day pay for Monday and I only have to work three days AND WEEKNDS OFF STARTING NEXT WEEK ALSO! I haven't had weekends off in at least 3 years. Only downside is getting moved to 2nd shift.