Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Last Updated: 2015-05-24 21:01:21
  1. Copacetic

Copacetic Well-Known Member

Good Morning all, been busy getting everything ready for the tourist season at the beach. Quick question for those of you using handscent, do you ever get a text that hangs up, usually while sending an mms, the circle keeps spinning like it is stuck. How do you stop this? i have tried force close of handscent, deleting data etc, but when i reopen that thread, there it is stuck sending. Any one else have this happen or have any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven -.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... Moderator

Morning all.:)
  3. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

Morning all and happy Wednesday!

First game of the Stanley Cup Finals is tonight - let's go Devils!

Boss is working from home today, so should be a nice relaxing day.
  4. HanSolo

HanSolo Well-Known Member

Greetings, fellow Nexlings!

A question, if I may:

My dad is due for an upgrade now. He wants to know what type of phone he should get. He's not a rooter like I am, but wants a nice big screen and 4G. I'm steering him toward the Nexus, but he wants to know what other phones have just come out for Verizon that also fit his needs.

I have to admit I haven't read DL or any other websites dealing with phone tech since I got the Nexus because I don't want to be tempted before I'm able to get another phone, so I have no clue as to what is good on Verizon's network other than our trusty Nexus.

Can anyone give me some ideas?
  5. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Well, the Rezound and RAZR MAXX are the other two top choices IMO.
    HanSolo likes this.
  6. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

I have the same problem in GoSMS sometimes and do one of two things. Try turning off WiFi and see if it stops hanging. I don't know why but this seems to work more often than not.
    The other thing I try is to long press on the message and delete it. Not ideal but it stops it from hanging there.

I've heard great things about the ReZound. I know the screen isn't as big as the Nexus but it isn't tiny either.
    (Yes, that's what she said!)
  7. Stigy

If he's not into rooting, then the RAZR Maxx would absolutely be my choice. There are rumors floating around of a RAZR Maxx HD coming out soon, but not sure how long he would like to wait.

If not, then the Maxx would be my choice.
    HanSolo likes this.
  8. Stigy

See this Copa: http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-nexus/552612-mms-wont-send-first-try.html
  9. HanSolo

Thanks, guys! I think I'll take him to the store and try out both. I thought of the rezound, too, but he doesn't like Sense and I don't want to go through the hassle of rooting it for him (he lives about an hour away, so I wouldn't be able to go over very often to tweak).
  10. Unforgiven

Unforgiven -.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... Moderator

If he doesn't like the manufacturer skin, you could just load up a custom launcher. That doesn't require root.
  11. HanSolo

Good point.

I still think I'm going to push the Nexus. I want someone I can finally beam with!!!

:p
  12. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

Definitely agreeing with everyone that said Razr MAXX. I'm super jelly of that battery.
  13. Stigy

I wish someone would make a battery like that for the Nexus.
  14. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

That doesn't jut out like the Hunchback of Notre Dame.
  15. Stigy

Anyone running a kernel with min frequency of 700MHz? There are some reports on rootzwiki that it helps battery life.

I am going to give it a shot for a few days and see if it helps or changes anything.
  16. Copacetic

Copacetic Well-Known Member

Thanks BB, I could not find a delete message option....until I scrolled down, lol. Glad to see you here today!
  17. HanSolo

I just adjusted my Franco Kernel to min 729, we'll see how that works.
  18. Stigy

Yeah let me know how it works out for you. It already seems to be draining a bit more battery than it was doing this morning.

It's just so hard to judge at work because I fluctuate between 0-2 bars so not sure if battery drain is coming from kernel or searching for service. I can't wait until they move my desk out of the "dungeon" I currently sit at.
  19. HanSolo

Well I don't know what the frak is happening. My phone froze up on me, so I had to pull the battery. Once I rebooted, every one of my messages was gone.

Weird.
  20. Stigy

Right after you set the kernel? Strange. :confused:
  21. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

I am ashamed and embarrassed to say this but I a headed out the door to the dentist office. Getting a tooth pulled. I'm nervous as hell :(
  22. zerocool79346

zerocool79346 Well-Known Member

I've had that happen on Franco's before. I basically run Trinity exclusively now and that is not a small part of the reason why.
  23. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

Not shame or embarrassment necessary. It happens. I hope it goes quick for you.
    ajdroidx likes this.
  24. HanSolo

Yeah, I remember I really liked Trinity. I might just go ahead and go back to it. ROM control will let me fiddle with the voltages anyway, if I want.

I think I can top you. I'm scheduled for a vasectomy in exactly one week. I'm already having dreams of my spaghetti tubes being snipped.

My marbles are tingling in terror.

[​IMG]
    ryancmatchett likes this.
  25. Stigy

Woah that's crazy.