Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

1. CaptainRon

CaptainRon Well-Known Member

You're not alone. A few years ago we had to vacate our house for a month during a remodel. We moved into a condo for a month. For that one month, my wife had to bring 30 pairs of shoes! 30! Did I mention it was for only a month? (Aside from the fact, other than my wife, BabyBlues and Imelda Marcos who has that many shoes?)
    BabyBlues likes this.
  2. AndroiDad75

AndroiDad75 Well-Known Member

Thanks captain, but that didn't work. I thought that was just to turn off the little annoying keyboard in the status bar. Either way, that didn't do it. I fully wiped for B37, I hope I don't have to do it again. :confused:
  3. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

My wife does have a huge amount of shoes, but she generally sticks to just a handful of pairs for work and play. Only the dress up times does she have to dig through the closet.
    Actually bought a very simple pair of rose gold colored (her obsession right now) sandals for the wedding which she still wears often.
  4. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

Good morning everyone. Devils lost, slept like crap, super tired.

At least its almost Friday.

I'll be lingering over there all day. Update is rolling out today so tons to report & have mods merge.
  5. CaptainRon

Dad,

You're right it doesn't allow you to "long press to select keyboard" but it does allow you to change input on the fly by selecting "the little annoying keyboard in the status bar."
  6. AndroiDad75

AndroiDad75 Well-Known Member

Oh, that's good to know. So did AOKP remove the option to long press to change the keyboard? Or is something borked for me?
  7. adjuster11

adjuster11 Well-Known Member

As a follow up to The Chief patiently waiting, I ran yesterday with AOKP build 37. I shut off NFC and 4g to stop the "one way" calling issue. It fixed the issue, I didn't lose one call, so I'll probably turn on NFC next week, and turn on 4g the following. I suspect it's the 4g handoff.

Bad new is, the battery croaked by 4;30 pm and I didn't make many calls or browse the web.

On a related note, I drove a lot in territory with no cell service. I recently changed my "bars" to DB.

It appears -120 means no cell radio is available. Somewhere around -100 I do get a signal, and anything below -90 means it works as normal. Best I saw all day was -75, but it hovered around -100 much of the day.

Do these db ratings mean much?
  8. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

Hey y'all!

Happy Thursday!

@BB: My wife always over packs. I am over it!

@Han: Some day I will join you in this freedom of powerful blanks.

@Verizon: I have been running 4.0.4 for months...seriously...what is your excuse?

@Google: Please sell GNEX accessories for CDMA through the Play Store...THANKS!

@Chief: unlock/root already! :p Seriously though, I hope you and trophy get the OTA first!

@The Ladies: Sorry you had to get your tubes tied, mom had it done after 5 kids. Not fun I know from her experience.

@svt: you sleepin' now? You deserve it!

@Captain: Can you please make good on your promise to pick up BB soon? I need a babysitter on June 21st. I am turning 30 and will also be looking for a DD as well as a BB. I got gas money :p

@Watering Hole: Love y'all!

jmar
    BabyBlues likes this.
  9. Unforgiven

Unforgiven What does this button do? Moderator

That was removed in ICS to accommodate the new copy/paste functionality. The replacement is the "little annoying keyboard in the status bar."
  10. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

You need one of those little blindfolds to block out the light. Don't laugh...they're quite useful!

It takes a lot to offend me, so that doesn't bother me. The only thing that really offends me (besides people being offended) is hatred/cruelty towards animals, children or people/groups of people.

Intimidator is AMAZING. Not sure if it still happens, but coming out of that first drop is so intense, your field of vision narrows to the point where you almost can't see anything. I used to work at Kings Dominion as teenager, back before they had any really good coasters. The Grizzly and ShockWave were probably the best thing they had back then.
    breadnatty08 likes this.
  11. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Ha! Dawnie, my wife says she blacked out the second time we rode it! Despite having no loops, I think it's the best coaster there with the Volcano just a tab behind it. It really is an intense drop. I'm so glad the ride up is fast and smooth. I have a bit of fear of heights, but love the thrill of a great coaster. :)
    Video doesn't do it justice but just listen to that noise!
    Intimidator 305 Roller Coaster HD REAL Front Seat POV Kings Dominion - YouTube

I wish Kings Dominion had a ride like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aKA8d1dIPk&feature=relmfu
  12. Stigy

Oh Chief - get to work!

Edit: There are reports that this ROM breaks root - temporarily taking the link out of my post. I will post if its fixed or a real update is found.
  13. CaptainRon

It's an ICS "improvement"
  14. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Well guys, I am fully prepared to "get to work"... BUT:

I am spending down my Google Wallet funds first. Last thing I need is to unlock this thing, root it, ROM it, and then get some "unsupported device" BS from Wallet on the other side... thereby losing the money that's currently on it.

As gas is needed, I buy it with the phone.

Trust me, folks, I've had it with Verizon bean-dippin' around with this update (and every single future one). When 4.1 JB rolls out, I wanna have it on AOKP.

But it's a process. And until I've spent this Wallet down, the process is halted :eek:

EDIT: BTW Jmar, we did NOT get it first. The OTA is rolling out at the lightning-fast, rip-snorting speed of a :turtle: and it's apparently not by geographical area but by phone ID numbers. Hopefully the Launch Day phones will be among the first to get it, though...
  15. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

Chief, follow my guide in the all things root stickies. It is for rooted and stock users. I follow those steps every flash and am still using Wallet.

Unsupported device is not something to worry about. It is just disclaimer, if you will, saying that, yeah, it's cool to use this app but technically, we are not supposed to provide support since Verizon is stupid. And I have spoken with Google Wallet reps. They are helpful and supportive.
  16. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

30 pairs? I would venture to say quite a few women have at least that many. I know I do. When we had a yard sale recently, I put 20 pairs in that, and still have a closet full.

Intimidator is right up there with the best of them, for sure. Cedar Point in Sandusky, OH has a few really good ones, too. KD did used to have a coaster like the one in the video - can't remember what it was called, but it didn't last long. They tore it down and put something else in its place.
  17. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Okay, jmar, I'm gonna trust you... but if I lose that money somebody owes me some duckies!

:p
    ryancmatchett and jmar like this.
  18. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

I gotchu!
  19. Stigy

Yay, he's going to do it!
    jmar likes this.
  20. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

I wonder if my charging cable is whacked out...
    Charged phone last night, went to bed about 930 and 7am the phone was dead
  21. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

Answer honestly now...
    Are you going to get another nexus device should another land on verizon?

I don't think I would after this fiasco. This thing was botched from the get-go :(
  22. Unforgiven

Unforgiven What does this button do? Moderator

Yes, but the next Nexus I get will be the Nexus 7
  23. Stigy

I'll get anything that is unlockable / rootable.

I want something with a bigger battery & better battery life. If I were buying something now (and not counting waiting for new devices) I would grab a RAZR Maxx honestly - ICS and that big battery is mm mm good.
  24. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

I personally will get a Nexus each and every time Verizon offers one, first because they are awesome (radios aside) and second since my money is the best way to communicate with VZW, I want to tell them what I want more of.