Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

1. AndroiDad75

AndroiDad75 Well-Known Member

Really? Wow, thought I had done it with my gnex. High. Ok, thanks for that update. No full wipe, yay! :D
  2. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

I am not inclined to make a statement like "I will only get a Nexus from here on out" but it would certainly be ideal. I like the idea of having a carrier unlocked Nexus, but the other carriers in the US don't meet the high standards of Verizon, even though it is evil :p

Now my experience with this phone has been stellar and my service is great, too. That said I really like where DasGoog is going with offering Nexus phones and accessories from Google Play Store. I could see my next phone bought directly from it, if I could get something comparable in price and service as I do now. But the wife loves her QWERTY keyboard and we have a lot of people we call who have Verizon service, so we never go over on minutes.

Decisions to be made at a later date.

jmar
  3. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

Tired of waiting. Installed update myself. Yeah, I could have done it months ago. But it's done.
    adjuster11, jmar and AntimonyER like this.
  4. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

I am doing the same, already had IMM76K radios, but was still on IMM30B ROM, so now everything is together.
  5. halon

6. AntimonyER

Alright, so I am running into problems with the IMM76K ROM from DL. It says it has root, but both TiBu and CWM are saying they don't have root access. The superuser app is in there though... Any ideas?
  7. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

8. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

Do TiBU and ROM Manager ask for root access when they boot?

Maybe try clearing the cache/data of the Superuser app?
  9. halon

10. AntimonyER

Well it goes in, and TiBU says asking for root access, and then comes back and says sorry, can't gain root access.

Tried clearing cache/data, nothing.
  11. halon

Since updating. When at my apartment my service switched from 3G to 4G, constantly. Mostly 3G. It is now a constant 4G, 2 bars. At a local bar/restaurant now and have full 4G. Never really had that anywhere before. No keyboard lag. Maybe a snappier ICS?
  12. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

Kind of off topic, but android related: I am getting ready to install CyanogenMod onto my 4G xoom. Its stingray. Hope I don't fry my radios
  13. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

Just dropping in. :)
  14. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! Moderator

Hi all! Safely in Virginia. Very tame ride down. Big family blow up once we got here. All is settled now though. Hope all is going well!
  15. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

^^^Good to hear. Everything is fine. :)
  16. ajdroidx

Well, fudge. Flashed the rom (A nightly) and lost my google stuff. Guess I will look for something else.
  17. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

Slept from about 8:30 to 12:30...couldn't sleep a minute more. I tried laying there for an hour to go back to sleep but no luck. This is the last night of night shift for me though, at least for a couple of weeks. Hopefully for a few months.
  18. ajdroidx

Trying Black ice on the xoom and my be having issues already. May just go back to EOS
  19. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

Did you flash Gapps after the rom?
  20. ajdroidx

No. Probably should of did that, but it did not mention that on the site. Shows you how much I flash roms :)
    Black Ice seems to be running okay
  21. MSUgEEk

Yeah, pretty standard now that you flash Google Apps package when you do a complete wipe and flash a rom.
    ajdroidx likes this.
  22. MSUgEEk

I see a lot of caffine in my very near future.
  23. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Poking my head to say hi. :)
    breadnatty08 likes this.
  24. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ~Play Nice~ Moderator

Hi Steven, just got home from Ryan's graduation.
    Steven58 likes this.