1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

1. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

Is it too early to start complaining about the next update?
  2. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

Hmmm... this thing is buggy. The black ice rom on my xoom that is
  3. Copacetic

Copacetic Well-Known Member

Evening All! I spent several hours working on the Transformer because the Browser was hanging up. I tried restarting the modem and router with no luck (it runs on wifi). I was getting ready to do a factory reset when I decided to go online and see if my router had a firmware upgrade. It did,I applied it, now the tablet is flying. The WEIRD thing is, my laptop and the Nexie were running fine on the router as it was, so I had wrongly assumed the issue was the tablet itself. Moral of the story, check your router for upgrades occasionally. Lol
  4. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

Woo Hoo!! I would've guess right! :D
  5. MSUgEEk

This is absolutely hilarious. These two stores are just a couple hundred yards down the street from each other in the town I went to college at. The first one is a coffee house (Strange Brew...I hear they have some amazing blends but I'm not a coffee drinker...also known for their random sayings on their sign) and the second is a store that sells all things branded Mississippi State...tailgating stuff, shirts, hats, etc (The Lodge). To really understand it you need to have heard the song Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Stigy, BabyBlues and breadnatty08 like this.
  6. MSUgEEk

Couple of other Strange Brew signs of the past:

These in reference to the Cam Newton scandal where Cam and his father, Cecil, allegedly told Mississippi State that Cam would go there and play football for them for $180,000. MSU told them no and the next week he signed with Auburn. A year later they win the national championship, Cam wins the Heisman, and all the allegations come out about the alleged proposal.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one was put up when Les Miles and LSU came to town to play us. Poking fun at Les Miles for his incident where he was caught on live TV picking up a few grass blades and eating them.

[​IMG]
  7. MSUgEEk

Couple other funny ones.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. ajdroidx

Anyone else seeing strange behavior with their nexus batteries? I got two extended batteries and Mine needs charged pretty much TWICE a day. Once before I go to work and once when I get home just to keep my phone from draining and powering off. Even sitting alone it will often be warm even if I close all recent apps.
    Screen eating 44%
    Idle: 18%
    standby 14%

are the main ones. a little over 12 hours and my battery is at like 12% and tanking quick.
    This was going on before I flashed the rom.
  9. MSUgEEk

I would suggest flashing LeanKernel 3.4. I had the same issue as you on a few kernels. However, what is your screen on time? I usually don't get over 12 hours of battery life if I have much over 1 and a half hours of screen on. For example. Right now I'm at 29% battery and 8 hours 40 minutes off the charger. 1.5 hours of screen on time at 44% screen usage.
    ajdroidx likes this.
  10. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Congrats!!! You must be proud. We have one more to go. My son graduates high school in June.
    Unforgiven likes this.
  11. ajdroidx

Can I flash a kernel on top of liquid 1.4? Or do I need to so something special? I am assuming Liquid is nothing more then a skin running on top of the existing kernel.
  12. MSUgEEk

Yeah, you just download the appropriate kernel and flash it in CWM like you did your ROM. Wipe Dalvik Cache when you flash any new kernel though.
  13. ajdroidx

Just wipe Dalvik only and don't do a factory restore?
  14. MSUgEEk

Correct, wipe Dalvik ONLY!!! :)
    ajdroidx likes this.
  15. ajdroidx

downloading now.
    Probably should nandroid first, you know, just in case :)
  16. ajdroidx

Rom manager is now broken. Nice :rolleyes:
    Guess I will need to boot into recovery the manual way
  17. MSUgEEk

Rom Manager? PSH I always do it manually :) I got to where I hated Rom Manager and it screwed things up more often than not. Manually is the way to go
  18. ajdroidx

Got it flashed. Phone on the charger. I may look into under clocking while not in use
  19. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Good luck Aj. And, if you have a couple bucks to spare, Franco's kernel app is great for quick flashing of new kernels. You can choose his or Leans and it downloads and autoflashes in one fell swoop.

Morning everyone!
  20. MSUgEEk

Morning Dread! 2 more hours here for me and then it's the weekend!
  21. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Morning svt and dread. Well I did my first ever factory reset last night, flashing the IMM76K rom from DL. Broke root, so had to figure that out, and TiBu for the first time too. Very educational evening for me. :p one weird thing, the signal meter doesn't turn blue anymore... Wonder why that is...
  22. breadnatty08

Anti, are you still a data connection? Is the meter there but grayed out?
  23. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Yeah, its connected, and I am getting data fine. Also the up- and downloading arrows are still showing up.. its just that the meter is gray instead of blue...
  24. breadnatty08

Obvious, but have you tried a reboot?
  25. MSUgEEk

Hope everyone has a good weekend! I'm going home and getting in bed!