AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Good morning Gnexers!

It's Friday! :D
    It's raining! No need to go out and water the plants! :D
    It's PAYDAY! The Eagle pooped for me! :D :D
    It's June! Let summer begin! Well, for some people anyway :rolleyes:

It's a great day to unlock & root my phone!

I found an online, step-by-step tutorial for Wug's Root Toolkit. I'm offloading the last of my data, then I'll use it to install drivers & the SDK, then backup my app data, then UNLOCK, root, install CWM, and flash AOKP & Gapps.

Hopefully I'll see you on the other side - and if you see a post with "HELP!" in big, bold letters, you'll know something has run amiss (which I do not expect to happen).

:)
  3. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Good luck Chief! Don't worry, we're here to help if things go south. :D
    The_Chief likes this.
  4. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! Moderator

Good morning all! Today is amusement park day!! So excited.
    Stigy likes this.
  5. Unforgiven

Unforgiven What does this button do? Moderator

Very proud:proud:, thanks Steven.
    ----------^ I waited a long time for that proud emoticon.
  6. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

Battery lasted 3h44m and dead from full charge. Plugged in for 5min and 50% charge.....
  7. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

Goooooooooood morning all and Happy Friday!

For the past year I have been taking a free bus provided by the NY Waterway and then taking the train from the ferry station to work. Its the easiest and most convenient way for me to get to work. This morning I am told because I am taking the train from the ferry terminal and not the ferry itself that I cannot take the bus anymore. I asked him to just let me take it today and he would never see me again, but he wasn't having any of it. He mumbled something nasty in Spanish to his friend and that set me off. I swore at him (which I don't usually do) and stormed off the bus and told him that I've been taking it for a year and never had this problem. Just wanted to let him know that I've been doing it for a year and now they're finally saying something. It felt pretty awesome to tell someone off first thing on a Friday morning - just really frustrating me. So for the next month I have to walk down this horribly steep hill to get to the other bus that ends up at the ferry terminal - just glad my train monthly pass allows for one "zone" on the bus. I understand it was probably not the right thing to do, but a bunch of people did it and I granted since I am not taking their ferry, technically, I am not entitled to the bus - before anyone calls me out on that part.

Anyway, on to some Instagram pictures. Enjoyed this last night - a growler of a Saison from Harpoon, never bottled only brewed/served at the brewery. AND a picture of NYC this morning.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    BabyBlues likes this.
  8. ryancmatchett

ryancmatchett VIP Member VIP Member

I don't see a HELP yet, but also no posts...how's it going Chief?
    TGIF for the Friday peeps!!
    And morning everyone!!
    Have fun today BB!!
    Hope everyone has a great June Weekend...funny thing tho, weather has been clear and hot here in Santa Barbara all week...then June 1st hits...and its immediately showing the June Gloom!!! Overcast and muggy here today. Oh well, gonna be a great weekend!
    BabyBlues likes this.
  9. adjuster11

adjuster11 Well-Known Member

Verizon breaks the Chief's Iron Will!

10. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

No more work weekends for at least 3 and half months! Damn right today is a good day! Nephew is staying with me this weekend. Hopefully the rain allows an Altoona Curve(Pirates affiliate) game tonight. Tomorrow, probably Indian Cavrans and some hiking. And at some point, maybe MiB 3?

Installed 4.0.4 myself. Everything seems fine. Screen is eating up around 50% of power though.
  11. Copacetic

Copacetic Well-Known Member

Passing through Knoxville on or way to Texas for my nieces graduation, Morning Everyone!
  12. The_Chief

Well, I got my adb and fastboot drivers installed, and did the app + data backup. Next step is the unlock: and I am at a standstill. Not because I'm scared, mind you... it's because the technologically-impaired but financially paranoid Darling Bride wants me to make sure that both vehicles are topped off before I wipe Google Wallet. And one of them is due out of the shop this morning. :rolleyes:

I do not expect to lose the money that's on it after I root & ROM (AOKP 37 is my poison of choice for a first ROM), but she just wants to make sure we've spent what we can before the wipe.

Wanting to keep wifey happy, I will comply and wait for the call from the mechanic...
    ryancmatchett likes this.
  13. Copacetic

Morning Chief, a little wet here in Tennessee this morning, :)
  14. The_Chief

It was earlier, but the rain has blown out of my area, and a cool autumn breeze has followed it! It would normally be about 88 degrees this time of day... but it's barely 71! Feels AWESOME!

What are you doing in TN and where are you? :)
  15. Copacetic

Passing through on 40, don't worry, hubby is driving :} on our way to Dallas for my nieces graduation. Just drove out of torrential rain, coming up on Monterrey, sun is trying to pop out.
  16. ajdroidx

Hmmm... razr maxx or galaxy note? :eek:
  17. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

Remember the Wallet guide my astute friend:)
    The_Chief likes this.
  18. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

Careful out there, BB....severe weather headed this way this afternoon. Get all your fun in early and seek shelter...preferably somewhere with endless drinks and entertainment. :D
    BabyBlues likes this.
  19. Unforgiven

Unforgiven What does this button do? Moderator

There are shoe stores that serve?:D
    BabyBlues likes this.
  20. Copacetic

21. Copacetic

22. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! Moderator

Did Loch Ness and Griffon. On line for small log flume now and its raining. :(
    Griffon was phenomenal!!!!
  23. ajdroidx

Shoved the other extended battery in. Hope this is the fix...