Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Last Updated:

1. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Yeah Dread, no doubt that once it's over, my only regret will be not having done it sooner :rolleyes:

But I'll get there!

Advertisement
  2. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

Thought I would give you an update. Phone made it through the day on a single charge after I shoved another extended battery. I think the one that was in it previously may be toast (after 6 months!?)

Also after the kernel swap, the phone seems a bit snappier now, so thats good I guess :)
  3. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

Can't wait!

Night y'all!
  4. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Great to hear you still haven't given up on us. :D What kernel are you trying out now?

Morning everyone! Best part of the rain last night is it really cooled off. Enough that we could actually open the windows.
  5. breadnatty08

Looks like everyone's sleeping in this morning...
  6. Unforgiven

Unforgiven -.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... Moderator

Saw someone mention clearing data on Google Services Framework and trying to get the update. I checked for the update and nothing. Cleared framework and checked again and lookie what I got.

[​IMG]
    adjuster11, Stigy, jmar and 2 others like this.
  7. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Morning all. Making a grocery list for the store, and after that hopefully some family time. Supposed to be a nice day here. Looks like 4.0.4 is finally going out en mass. Right after chief rooted ;)
    jmar likes this.
  8. breadnatty08

Cool. I saw that post and may give it a shot. I assume rerooting is pretty easy afterwards?
  9. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

Morning all! Had a great day yesterday. After we left the amusement park we stopped for home made ice cream. Then got home, put on dry clothes and watched Red Tails. Good movie!! Today is graduation for my cousin and then relaxing , I hope.
    Hope everyone has a great day!!
  10. Evilgrin

Evilgrin Active Member

Just tried that and got nothing looks like Verizon is going region by region or some other arbitrary way of passing along this much waited for update.
  11. breadnatty08

BB, did you get to ride the Griffin?
  12. BabyBlues

Yes I did!! We didn't do first row and I'm not sure I even want to, ever, but the ride is phenomenal and I would love to go back again.
  13. The_Chief

Good morning Gnexers! :D

Yep, trash is out, recycling's done, everyone's asleep but me...

Time to do some surgery on Ginny!

And away I go... :cool:
    jmar likes this.
  14. AntimonyER

See you on the flip side Chief!
    The_Chief likes this.
  15. breadnatty08

Who what why?!?! :eek::eek: ;)
    Apollo's Chariot is probably my other favorite there. It's a beautiful park but not a roller coaster destination.
    Remember this story a few years ago?
    [​IMG]
    Fabio Hit By Flying Bird on Apollo's Chariot
    Bahaha :D
  16. AntimonyER

So since I prefer getting my milestones in here (call me sentimental :p) ... Would anyone like to do the honors? :D;)
  17. BabyBlues

No front row for me - I'm a chicken at heart. :eek::p:D
    Didn't get to do Apollo's Chariot though. Bad weather closed all the rides.
  18. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

Good luck Chief!
  19. breadnatty08

Was too early to get to 5K, but I'll be happy with 4,999. :)
    jmar and AntimonyER like this.
  20. The_Chief

Halfway there, folks!

I've unlocked, rooted and am now making a stock nandroid before flashing AOKP.

More to come :)

BTW I was privileged to give you your 5000th Thank. CONGRATS! :D
    I hope you weren't reserving that for someone special!
  21. breadnatty08

Awww, that's a bummer :(. It's a great ride if you like the air time. If the rain down there was anything like it was here early in the afternoon, I can definitely understand why they closed.
  22. AntimonyER

Nah, you are there. Flashing ROMs is the easy, fun part. Unlocking and rooting are the hard part. Congrats Chief!
    The_Chief likes this.
  23. breadnatty08

Chief, are you going with M5 or B37?
  24. The_Chief

I tell ya, folks: the volume control in CWM is sensitive! I touch it and it scrolls through 3 or 4 options! DO you guys have that too?

B37. I've heard nothing but good of it, figured it'd be a nice place to start :)

EDIT: That boot animation has got to GO! A unicorn??? EWWWW
  25. breadnatty08

It sure is SENSITIVE! Very much a pain and the reason why I wanted to try out the touch sensitive CWM. At first I thought it was the crappy TPU case I had on which I had to cut holes out for the volume rocker, but even with it off, it's still a pain. Ah well.
    Haven't made it to B37, still on Liquid, but yeah I've heard great things about it.