Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

1. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Jmar!

That's awfully kind of you, but I really don't mind giving credit where credit is due and paying the developer for it. Koush does a heck of a lot for this community, and a few bucks thrown his way is just a small token of my appreciation. He did the work, he deserves the money.

:)
    Unforgiven and jmar like this.
  2. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

Hey, can one of you help me out? I'm trying to remember how to prevent downloaded apps from automatically appearing on the home screen. I'm drawing a blank. :rolleyes: TIA.

Yeah, I flashed my custom BA back after I got AOKP. :)
    Imgur has a very easy mobile interface, and short URLs so it's easy to type out on other sites.
  3. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Razer, go into the market settings and uncheck set widgets to home screen.
    CaptainRon and RazorSharp like this.
  4. breadnatty08

5. The_Chief

jmar likes this.
  6. breadnatty08

Glad it worked for you. I just checked and couldn't install it from the Market. But, I'm still on Liquid 1.4 so I'm not surprised.
  7. The_Chief

This place is a ghost town! An hour and a half without a post?

Well, let's see: the weather's great in most places, the temperature is moderate, it's Saturday night, it's right after Payday for a lot of people... and here I am, sitting at home playing with my phone and posting in a tech forum.

Geez, I'm such a geek :p
    ryancmatchett likes this.
  8. breadnatty08

Here with ya Chief, watching some lame TV, helping a couple members and eating some delicious strawberries. Just wish the lady would get home soon so I can spend some time with her before bed :(
    Weather is delightful though.
  9. doctorfrylock

doctorfrylock Well-Known Member

Hello everyone! The weather is great here in detroit. Having a nice birthday dinner for my grandma. The food is excellent.
  10. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

Canoe Creek State Park

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    adjuster11, ajdroidx and breadnatty08 like this.
  11. breadnatty08

Great shots, Halon. What camera are you using?
  12. halon

Gnex :)

I have more from the Indian Caverns that I'll post tomorrow.
    jmar likes this.
  13. breadnatty08

Wuh wuh wuh whaaattt!?! :eek:
    Is the first one the only Instagram'd?
  14. halon

LOL

Actually, the first two are Picplz. But I did use the Gnex :)

I like Picplz, but today they posted a message saying they are closing up shop. I refuse to use Instagram. Looks like I may have to now.
  15. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

Duhh, of course. Total brain lapse. Thanks dread!
  16. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

Still on the lean kernel.

I did put the phone to its paces today with the active weather we had in the area, but no where close to what it would have been had I been chasing or had it been more active. I was down to about 40% when I got home, hitting twitter and Pykle radar for a couple hours today.

The radios though. A more solid 4g connection would have been nice. But at least I did not get a data connection error. Still looks like 4g is not as good for building penetration as I would like.

BTW, I was in a storms outflow this afternoon. I got to watch it come in from the west (moving east) it was AWESOME! A solid gust of wind kicked up a bunch of dust from the foothills. The sky turned gray-tan as it became choked with dust. On the way home tonight, some traffic cones and even those large road construction signs where blown over.
  17. breadnatty08

No problem. Been letting a few other people know this who've since upgraded to ICS. :)
  18. halon

Gnex camera.

[​IMG]

Picplz.

[​IMG]
  19. halon

The Dark Knight
  20. CaptainRon

CaptainRon Well-Known Member

I'm glad you asked the question Razor cuz I'd forgotten it too. :)
  21. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

Night y'all!
  22. CaptainRon

CaptainRon Well-Known Member

23. breadnatty08

Morning everyone! Still nice and cool here, whooo.
    Reading over the SGS3 forums and dang those folks are frustrated and having some problems with their phones. Yikes! I wonder if Sammy rushed production to meet the huge demand?
    Have a great day all!
  24. Copacetic

Copacetic Well-Known Member

Good Morning Everyone! Happy Blessed Sunday. We are in Dallas for the week for my nieces graduation. I grew up here so in a sense it's coming home even after 30+ years of living somewhere else. Last night I was reminded why the bright eyed eighteen year old of my youth left for college and never returned to Texas to live...June 2 and 10:56 pm and still 90 degrees, ugh!
    [​IMG]
    ryancmatchett likes this.
  25. The_Chief

Good morning peeps!

Well I made my first backup this morning after getting AOKP just the way I want it. I love nandroid backups! :D

One thing I miss in Settings, though, is the control to tell the phone to stay awake while plugged in. Seems that every time I plug in to do something, the display times out and it goes into standby.

Did they move that setting to some obscure place? Or did Kang just eliminate it? I'm making all my music available offline, it'll only do it over WiFi :rolleyes: , and for some reason my WiFi wants to disconnect when it's in standby (probably the Juice Defender doing that).

The only workaround I have found is to plug it in the laptop to charge and put the CLOCK on. Then it dims, but doesn't sleep. But if anyone here knows where that setting is, I sure would appreciate it!