Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Last Updated:

1. AndroiDad75

AndroiDad75 Well-Known Member

Under Developer Options there is the option to Stay Awake. So the screen stays on while charging. Is that what you are looking for?

jmar and The_Chief like this.
  2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

There it is!

Thanks, AndroiDad! :D
  3. ryancmatchett

ryancmatchett VIP Member VIP Member

Glad you made it smoothly Chief!!! Welcome (back) to the romming!!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend...shows dedication to our little party here to hear all the vacationers chiming in!!!
    Off to breakfast with family...then my fiance and her mom are headed to the bridal shop today to pick up her dress which is ready. Getting all the prep work done, and feels like September is just around the corner!!!!
    Have a great day all!
  4. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

5. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

And I was thinking of a galaxy note too. The nexus and now the sgs3 I'm not so sure about Samsung now
  6. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Wow, that's amazing. I wish we had some caverns near us.
  7. halon

The best part was at the lowest point they turn off the light and you experience true darkness. According to the guide if you stayed in that room with no light you would go blind after 30 days.
  8. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

Halon, why do you refuse to use Instagram? It seems like Picplz does just about the same thing.
  9. halon

I just want to be that person LOL

Just like I refuse to watch a James Bond film. Never watched any of them and never will.

I'll probably end up going to Instagram though. Unless I can find something else?
  10. RazorSharp

I doubt there's been a major phone released in the smartphone era that hasn't had people complaining about it on forums somewhere. ;) :p

By the way, got an interesting link in my email today!
    $125 for a YourPad P4 7-inch tablet with Android 4.0 OS + free shipping | Eversave

Never heard of a YourPad before, but the specs look pretty decent, if anyone is in the market for a tablet.
  11. RazorSharp

Hahaha, see now that's just silly! You're depriving yourself of a great film experience; the Bond movies are great.
  12. halon

13. The_Chief

RIP Richard Dawson. The charming Family Feud smooch-meister of the 70s is gone at age 79 :(

EDIT: He was also a great actor. He played Corporal Peter Newkirk on Hogan's Heroes in the 60s. Another rather obscure but legendary celebrity is gone from our midst.
  14. halon

Question for the dads here.

My nephew stayed with me this weekend. As he was leaving my sister was talking like I was to give him "the talk" while he was here. I never received "the talk". That info was learned from friends. Anyone here have kids old enough they had to do this? I'm thinking if he does ask me I'll just tell him how it is. To me it seems like the best thing? He's 11. I don't remember knowing this stuff or thinking about it at 11?

^just in case.
  15. The_Chief

Well, popular culture and the media expose our kids to what I regard as HIGHLY inappropriate stuff at a very young age. So yeah, The Talk happens at younger and younger ages now.

You may want to sit him down and tell him how it really is, not how the media portrays it. Just my 0.02 :)
    halon likes this.
  16. halon

I think I was still playing with my G.I. Joe, He Man, M.A.S.K., Transformers and Thundercats action figures at 11? LOL
  17. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Well-Known Member

There are a few versions of "the talk." For an 11-year-old, I think it would be a PG version (i. e., short on graphic details). You might start by asking your sister what his school teaches (if anything) and if they provide any parental guidance or resources. Usually schools give you something to work with, even if it means "hey, you're on your own." But at least you would have an idea of where to start and what he already knows. When I gave the talk, I was laughed at because my son had already learned it in class and from friends.

What fun! :-D

P. s. Never let him see you sweat! Be matter of fact.
    halon likes this.
  18. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

My daughter's school does a basic version of family life in 4th grade and then more in depth in 5th. They learned the basics of their own reproductive parts the first year and then went more in depth on their own sex the second year and did the basics of the opposite sex also. Which of course leads to more questions from curious 9/10/11 year olds.
    I know its a little different for boys but all the parents I've talked to have said that they answer any questions in the simplest way and then see if that satisfies the kid for a while.
    halon likes this.
  19. The_Chief

I don't know if you'd call it a cop-out or not, but our parents got us a 4-volume set of somewhat thin books called "The Life Cycle Library". It starts with cells dividing and goes right into the whole process of reproduction. Volume 4 covers basics of men/women/relationships/dating on a very broad scale. It's actually VERY good, covers all the basics in a scientific manner (except Volume 4, of course), and reading it WITH kids gives them an idea of the birds and the bees in a dignified way. The Life Cycle Library for Young People 4 Book Set with Parents Answer Book in Slip Case: Marsha Goldsmith: Books

It may be too late to try on the nephew - sounds like you're up against a wall for time - but it's something for you future parents to consider for your own kids.

BabyBlues and jmar like this.
  20. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

What's this "talk" you speak of? And can someone please tell me where all these kids are coming from! ;)
    BabyBlues and jmar like this.
  21. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Dear lord, what are you all talking about? :eek:
    lmao at 4 volume set! Sorry Chief.
    jmar likes this.
  22. The_Chief

Laugh it up, Dread, but it's actually very well done... and apparently for parents who are uncomfortable with talking about this stuff with their kids. So there :p
    jmar likes this.
  23. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

A short clip with the nexus of some ragged clouds over head: Twitvid

The cell moved off to my North East and we never really did get anything here
  24. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

(A wild Metroid prime appears)
  25. The_Chief

Stigy and jmar like this.