Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Last Updated:

1. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

Today starts 2nd shift, 3pm-11pm. Ugh.

Advertisement
  2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven -.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... Moderator

I like Cut the Rope, but I am currently hooked on CrossMe.
  3. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Okay, so how do I do #12? I have yet to find a way to open the Play store and cancel updates/restores... #14 is a non-issue, since I just bought AOKP Backup :)
  4. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

Play Store > Overflow Menu Button > My Apps

Then there should be a cancel button on the right side - mine usually says "Cancel 150" ish - let me know if you can't find it.

It's the same button when you have multiple updates that says "Update 4" above your list.
    The_Chief likes this.
  5. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

I feel for ya man. I just got off that 7pm-7am shift. sucks!
  6. The_Chief

Well folks, I've decided to hold off on flashing b38.

It seems to me that the safest way to do it is a clean install... and while I have my apps & app data and settings & all backed up, I do NOT feel like moving ALL my pictures, ALL my videos, ALL my movies back over from the PC every time an incremental update comes out.

I guess I'll just chill here on b37 until a stable final version comes out and flash it :)
  7. AndroiDad75

AndroiDad75 Well-Known Member

Chief,

You shouldn't have to move your pictures, videos, movies after a full wipe. I have never had to do this, and I have done a full wipe quite a few times.
  8. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

Correct. A factory reset/data wipe in Clockword recovery does not touch the SD card partition of the internal memory. I have wiped numerous times and my pictures, videos and songs are still there every time.

Just an FYI Chief.

Also I flashed b38 dirty over b37 and haven't run into any issues.
  9. The_Chief

Sorry folks, had a Gulf War moment there :rolleyes:

That's a good thing, then...

EDIT: So to clarify, wiping data/factory reset in Clockwork ONLY wipes system data, not USER data. A factory reset in Settings wipes EVERYTHING.

So once everything is backed up, all I have to wipe is data/system/cache/Dalvik?

EDIT EDIT: Done. Dirty flashed and everything is coming up roses :)
    Stigy likes this.
  10. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

I don't know how those NOVA folks do it. I drive on I-95 every day, and it sometimes takes me an hour (when it should only take 30 minutes) and it drives me insane. I can't imagine REAL traffic, and I don't want to even try. :eek:

:D
  11. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

So... who is going to dump their nexus for the s3 :D
  12. Unforgiven

not me, I'm getting the Nexus 7 or whatever it will be called the minute it is released.
    breadnatty08 likes this.
  13. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

Can't tell if you're joking. Is that a real phone?
  14. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

No way Jose!

I do benefit from living in the Bay Area so I have great service. Even if I didn't, I wouldn't get it. While I would love the 2GB RAM, that's the only spec that trumps Ginny Nex.

jmar
  15. The_Chief

My son is ready to ditch his Nexus.

His plan:

(a) Buy the Galaxy S3 at full retail when it hits the store.
    (b) Activate it on Verizon.
    (c) Sell his Nexus and recoup as much money as he can.

Well, sounds good if you actually HAVE to have that phone. I can wait for the NEXT round of flagships :)
  16. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

I'm going to wait to make sure the radio ain't gimped first
  17. The_Chief

I just held up my son's Nexus and my Nexus together, side by side, exact same position in the house. He has -97 dbm on 4.0.2. I have -75 dbm on AOKP b38.

:D
    jmar likes this.
  18. Unforgiven

No, I'm not joking, but it is not a phone. It is the first Nexus tablet. Goog is going to announce it in the coming weeks. I'm locked into the GNex for another year or so, so that is my next Android device.
  19. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

Me, too!
  20. halon

If you pre order the SIII through Verizon you can keep your unlimited data plan, even subsidized.
  21. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

Hi all! Sorry I missed all the fun today. Drove home from visiting family in Virginia and then had to catch up on home happenings and unpack.
  22. halon

We'll let you slide...this time.
    BabyBlues likes this.
  23. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Morning everyone! After my long night of work I was looking forward to sleeping in as it's my day off today. Somehow, the building's fire alarm went off (not our apartment, the whole building). That sucker is LOUD. Took the fire department a good 15 min to get here and shut it off. So I guess I'll get up and start the coffee.
    Wife is still sleeping like a brick though. :rolleyes:

On the plus side, HTC just emailed me saying they fixed my Flyer and it's out to be shipped. That's about a 6 day turn around. I don't know about you, but that's some damn good customer service! :) Excited to get it back and see what the HC upgrade looks like. It bricked before it was officially released.
  24. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Is there a quick and easy way to see what of your posts have been thanked? I know we get the notifications for liked posts, just curious to see which ones I've been helpful in?
  25. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

You could have just said unpack, and we would have given you a 24 hour pass ;) j/k. Glad you made it home safe!

Good Morning all. Got my replacement Zagg installed last night, perfect installation, which is good. I am always afraid a piece of dust will get in between, and it will drive me nuts.
    BabyBlues likes this.