Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

1. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Mmmm Mellow Mushroom. Good call sir.
    Lucky Armpit likes this.
  2. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

Well thanks! And three, counting myself, of course. :) My parents are very happy, haha.
  3. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! Moderator

Drop the strawberry icing and I'm all over that.

Next up are hot cocoa cookies with chocolate chips and marshmallows.
  4. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

Yeah so were are my apps at? New RAZR signed into Google and no apps that I bought. Hope it syncs over wifi
  5. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

6. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

I think there's a setting in Play to ONLY sync apps over wifi, to conserve data. You can uncheck that and DL over 4G... or 3G or whatever :)
  7. Stigy

You picked up a RAZR (RAZR Maxx I hope)?
  8. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

Hi Guys and Dolls!!! I have been trying to catch up on the posts here!!! Which to say, I had to skip a dozen pages of posts to read the last dozen pages in the past few days.

The last two weeks of last month was really busy at work. My team's intern finished in April, so part of her work went back to my desk, which meant by 'month end' (last 2 weeks of the month), I was uber busy. We have a new intern, but his work is totally different :/ Also, one of my member will be part time with my team, so some of her work is on my desk >_<; So, right now, I have to be extra good with my time management! :<

Congrats Chief to getting your Nexxie rooted and ROM'd! And your daughter has some guts!! :D Kudos to her and standing up for herself. Seems like she's set (wrt attitude) for University!

Seems like you had a wonderful Bday weekend BB!!! :D I can't believe y'all talk so much that you've passed the 15k post!!!

It's my uncle's 70th Bday on Saturday and he's having a great big party!

I'm going to try to be on top of the posts in here *determination on*
    breadnatty08, BabyBlues and The_Chief like this.
  9. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ~Play Nice~ Moderator

:ciao:Hi Roze
  10. ajdroidx

I did indeed. But its back in the box ready to go back. For some reason I could not get my apps to download with out paying for them again. I've done factory reset. :mad:

Google music worked fine. Not my apps though.

700.00 bucks and this issue? Yeah, no thanks. Its going back.

I am starting to suspect the guy at the counter did something wrong during activation, he used the sim card from my nexus. Thought I was suppose to get a new sim card even if I planned on swapping them out.

Guess I am out 35 bucks for a restocking fee for their screwup and get to wait a few days for my 700 bucks to be put back into my account. This sucks
  11. AntimonyER

You might try calling Google customer service...
    jmar likes this.
  12. Stigy

Sometimes my apps didnt automatically download when I factory reset. Its strange, but not sure if its specific to the Maxx.

Hmph - weird.
  13. The_Chief

GRRRR AGAIN!

I'm on AOKP B38 and it seems that my 4G is dropping out more now than it ever has! Juice Defender Plus re-activates 4G as soon as I take it out of standby... but no 4G!

I have to cycle Airplane mode to get it back. Any ideas out there from you Android wizards?
  14. Stigy

Have you tried NOT using Juice Defender and using the built in Power Saver options inside Rom Control in AOKP?
    ryancmatchett likes this.
  15. The_Chief

Uh, no. I have not ventured in there yet.

What settings do you recommend?
  16. ajdroidx

Got it figured out.

Yes... the rumors are true... I jumped ship :eek: I now have a razr maxx.

I still have my nexus, however, but its taking a back seat
  17. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Chief, I'm finding similar problems. I may go back to Liquid. Didn't have any problems there.
  18. breadnatty08

Evening everyone!
    Got to experience a few staff blow up on me the past few days. It's certainly stressful but it strengthens you at the same time. Always nice to get home to see my lovely wife and relax. :D
  19. ryancmatchett

ryancmatchett VIP Member VIP Member

I would recommend the same chief...go without the JD...and use the settings in ROM control. The only problem I have had since I got rid of JD...is when I tried to copy someone else's settings. Since each physical phone handles differently...I ended up finding a great match for my phone with LeanKernal exp versions. I also set my governor to 1650/350 and interactivex....but I honestly leave everything else stock on AOKP. I usually end the day with about 30% battery left after gaming and regular use including navigation, after about 16hrs a day....
    Disclaimer: I am in a good 4g area, always leave wifi on, but turn GPS off unless I need it.
  20. AntimonyER

Who was it? It was Chief wasn't it? Oh, not AF staff! Kitchen staff..? Got it. ;)
  21. breadnatty08

Oh yeah, just work stuff. AF is my great escape! :D
  22. The_Chief

<---- Only really goes off on a few people. Dread isn't one of them :)
    breadnatty08 likes this.
  23. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Well-Known Member

Blow up like crazy town Gordon Ramsay, or snide jerk like Bourdain? Either way, just FIRE their butts outta there! ;) Life's too short to work with prima donnas! Hope you weather the storm, dreadnatty.
  24. breadnatty08

I've said it before but AF is such a great group of folks and I'm glad to be a part of it. :)
    As much crap I have to deal with at work (like most of us do), here, we're all buddies.
  25. breadnatty08

As much as I like watching those shows, it's just not my style. I've worked for chefs who will curse you out like no tomorrow. I have thick skin so it's no problem, but I find it's really not the best way to treat people and encourage them to go further.