Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

1. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

If you pay retail for the phone you can keep unlimited.
  2. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

I believe its only enforced on a renewed contract, not 100% sure though. Those were the rumors going around originally.

Fair enough - always beef between two cities. But all in good fun.

The gif was actually up about 5-10 minutes after the hit occurred. People are pretty serious on some hockey boards and reddit.
  3. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

I might consider it once my two add-a-lines for upgrade contracts expire if that is the case. But that is not until next december :rolleyes:
  4. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

Yeah. I might consider it by the next upgrade becasue by that point I probably won't want to pay the unsubsidized price for two new phones and will be forced to give up my unlimited anyway.
  5. AntimonyER

Yeah, I think I will just keep my extra line, and use that for upgrading my main line from now on. Its an extra $14.71/mo. but considering I go over 2GB pretty regularly, and that is on 3G mostly, once I get a phone that gets 4G at my desk, the extra data will outweigh the extra cost. Unless of course they also eliminate upgrade transfers between lines that have unlimited...
  6. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

Woah!!! Your wife must be 1) very surprise and 2) very happy!!! *thinks* she's train you well!!! Can I please clone you, Anti? :D You sound like the 'perfect' husband, lol.

Oh man :/ Sorry to hear that >_< YOU need to train her on locking her car!!!! It happening once, you can call it an accident, but it happening again falls on your wife being very irresponsibe. Hopefully she learns her lesson :/ Though getting a new Driver's License is a pain :/

OOooooooooooo I want to see the pictures!!!! I love engagement photos.

Oh man, that sounds so horrible beyond words!!! Well I guess you're super Ryan at work! How's your cabinetry going? What did you work on? At least you have something to de-stress after work!

Oh!! That's me!!! I hate eating cook fish!!! Though I can eat sushi/sashimi, lol. Everyone think it's so strange when I tell them that XD
    ryancmatchett likes this.
  7. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Thanks for all the recommendations for an anniversary gift.
    I think I've decided to get the gal a massage gift certificate at one of the highly rated places in town. Anyone have a recommendation for a type/style? I know nothing about them and honestly my back is so ticklish that I can't stand a massage. :eek:
    This is the place I'm thinking about:
    The Spa Room
  8. HanSolo

HanSolo Well-Known Member

Good morning, children. So my vasectomy procedure had to be rescheduled to this Thursday because of a work conflict.

So in two days, at 9:30am, I get neutered.

[​IMG]

:(
  9. Stigy

I just ended up getting my girlfriend a monetary gift certificate to a really good spa near us. This way she can get one of those fancy massages or a cheaper one and some product - whatever her heart desires.
    breadnatty08 likes this.
  10. AntimonyER

Geez, I won't go into it here, but let's just say I didn't get the reaction I was hoping for. I'm sure she was just stressed from having her stuff stolen, but it was part of the reason yesterday sucked for me :p
  11. Stigy

Out of curiosity (if you don't mind), how old are you? Just wondering if people are getting the procedure done earlier in life or its totally random.
  12. HanSolo

So Verizon's screw-them plan goes into effect the 28th of this month. I just checked my Verizon account. Through 28 days, my wife has used 0.47GB of data. I have used 74.37GB (yes, I have downloaded shows to no end, and have taken requests from others, out of spite).

I'm stuck with my good old Nexus for the rest of my days, it would seem.
  13. HanSolo

32. But I think ours is a special case. She has a health condition that will make it very dangerous for her to get pregnant. So it's not so much that we hate the idea of having kids, it's more that I don't want her to die.
    ryancmatchett likes this.
  14. breadnatty08

Thanks, yeah I'll go for that. They have some sort of email gift certificate. Really lame, but it makes it convenient. I'll be sure to shower her with some "live" gifts as well. :D
  15. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

Have they throttled you yet?
  16. HanSolo

No. I'm downloading something now, and it's at 1mb/s, which is about what I usually pull down in the city.

My sister told me that they throttle 3G if you go too high in usage, but not 4G. She actually quit working for Verizon recently, so it might have changed within the last few months, but I don't think so.
  17. Stigy

Fair enough - well I hope it all goes well man for both of you. :shakehands:

HAHA yeah I went out and got mine and it was the nicest gift certificate ever. They put it in a box, in another box in a bag with tons of issue paper and glitter.

Guys are so easy - I'd be okay with a paper print out.
    HanSolo likes this.
  18. AntimonyER

They are prohibited by the FCC Block C regulations from throttling 4G customers. They are desperately trying to get this changed, but I'm guessing by the end of grandfathered unlimited data, they are trying to reduce their risk of the Han Solos of the world :p
  19. breadnatty08

Han to Verizon:
    [​IMG]
    HanSolo likes this.
  20. Lucky Armpit

Lucky Armpit Well-Known Member

If it's okay to chime in on this, and hopefully not oversharing, I had mine done in 2007 when I was 35. We have no kids. Doc asked us if we were sure, etc., and we said we were. We had talked about getting it done for a while, and it's much easier for the man than the woman, so I had it done. It was simple and quick with a fast recovery.
  21. MSUgEEk

Totally dependant upon what she likes. Some like relaxing massages, some like deep tissue to get the knots worked out, some like hot stones, etc. Some places will blend styles, some will not. The place I go to has therapists qualified to do several things so they offer a really unique experience.
  22. MSUgEEk

Yikes...well, good luck with the procedure. Hope all goes well. I'll be having the same procedure done more than likely around 35 if all goes well.
  23. breadnatty08

Thanks, yeah I ended up just going with a gift certificate. I know she loves massages and I've "attempted" them myself. She likes it extremely tough and brutal (yes, you'll all take it out of context, just trying to figure out a way to put it :p) but I don't know what in particular. She's had a couple really rough last couple weeks of work and I know she'll appreciate losing some of the tension. :)
  24. breadnatty08

I'm intrigued by all you guys having this done. Feel free not to answer, but are either of you "freezing some juice" just in case you may want kids in the future?
  25. HanSolo

Was it painful during the procedure, and did they use a scalpel, or was it non-scalpel?

I made the mistake of watching a video of the procedure and I can honestly say that I'm freaked.

I thought about it, but we are looking into adopting in a couple of years, depending on our finances, so I don't see the need. We figure if we do decide to have children later on, why not help out a child that would otherwise have a crappy life? Probably from another country.