1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

1. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ~Play Nice~ Moderator

Hi Steven;)
  2. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

Trying to update the router now. Does it always take forever with the netgears? It downloads the new firmware and starts the upgrade and sits at 0% for like 10 minutes
  3. Copacetic

Copacetic Well-Known Member

AJ, sorry, I was out of cell service for a bit, did you get the firmware done? My netgear router took about five minutes to update.
  4. ajdroidx

No. It just sat there so I went to manually download the file off of netgear and they wanted a bunch of information to register the thing. Maybe later I will try again
  5. ajdroidx

Oh, a bit off topic, but I am uploading a clip of my chase last week on the 6th. I tried to upload last week but my computer crashed and I have been slammed with work. Hope this one works. Will post a link if it does after youtube mangles the compression

The link: http://youtu.be/fNE9QNJB5f4
  6. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Man, everyone here is doing such cool things. I would love to be a chaser.

Although it's not all bad, my son and I played battleship tonight against my wife, and we sunk her battleship one turn before she would have sunk ours, super close game. :D
  7. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Hi folks - nice to see the place abuzz with activity!

Sorry if anyone missed me: I've been at a sunset flag retirement ceremony (it's Flag Day ya know :) ). This is a time-honored military-style ceremony put on by veterans groups to destroy worn, faded, torn and otherwise unserviceable flags with honor and respect. It was my first attendance at this one, and I was amazed at how many people showed up for it! I bet - in addition to the veterans and the Scouts that did the honors - between 30 and 50 people were there.

Okay, as you were, folks and HI STEVEN! :)
  8. ajdroidx

I think I got the router updated. Lets see if that helps. I got my self thinking about the return, though... I hate making returns, but it was a nice chunk of change for this thing...
  9. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

Sounds like a great day Chief. But, you know, you left the door open and sure enough, Stevens sauntered right in. But don't worry, I took the blame, sorta :p
  10. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Well I knew Steven was coming so I deliberately left the door cracked. As far as I'm concerned, he's ALWAYS welcome here! He's a fantastic Mod and a wonderful asset to the Watering Hole and the community at large :)

If I laid that on a little thick, it might be because he's the Guide Boss :p
    BabyBlues, jmar and ajdroidx like this.
  11. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

Haha, my high school girlfriend's parents did that!!
    Ahh, sadly, I just got the picture from a random site. :eek: They do look like Milk Duds though, don't they?
    You quoted everyone except me! :hello2:
  12. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

Couldn't have said it any better!
  13. ajdroidx

The razr seems to behaving with the new router firmware update. But still. I am still thinking about returning it. The router firmware may also help with some of the issues I had with the nexus.

I thought about returning the nexus when I first got it but I didn't and now I am not exactly happy with it. I don't want the same thing with the razr, as beautiful of device as it is.
  14. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

So which one are you keeping? And is the battery life all they say it is?
  15. ajdroidx

I think the razr is going back. I can't answer on the battery issue totally but from what I have seen while I have been outside the house? The battery on the razr is great. At home, it sucks. But this could have been a problem with my router.

At home the 3g 1x wifi and network extender icons where cycling like my nexus connection. Pretty much the same issues for the money? Yeah, no sense of keeping the razr :(
  16. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Well-Known Member

You may be onto something, BB. Maybe the OP could have a film-style "cast of characters" intro (with birthdays). And I mean "characters" in every sense of the word, cause we have some characters here. :rolleyes: now THAT would be entertaining :D
    ryancmatchett and BabyBlues like this.
  17. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

I love this idea! After all, a good majority of us migrated from The Epic Thread to, what is now, if I may, The Cousin of The Epic Thread. And in keeping with the spirit of the OP, it would be a great addition to that Epic Post. BB, I say this is a no-brainer. If I wasn't on my phone I would start a poll now! In the words of various cast members of the movie Water Boy, "You can dooo it!"

jmar
    BabyBlues and IHateMyTreo like this.
  18. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Morning everyone! Just one more long day at work before it's rollercoaster time! Going to be beautiful weather too thank god. So while I'm getting very close to abandoning Facebook, someone posted a cool rock climbing video. I found a suggested one from it. If you like crazy people, check this out:
    Sketchy Andy - Official Film Teaser - YouTube
  19. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

20. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Morning all! My Birthday is April 3rd if you want to add it to the list...

Had to restart my phone to get a data connection this morning... I love everything about this phone except that, its so finicky. On the bright side I have got over my short stint of phone envy with the GS3, so should be good for a while now :)
  21. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

Good morning everyone! Thanks again for the birthday wishes! As someone has said, September must have been very boring back in the day, lol. My brother, my wife, mother-in-law, and my Mom(almost...May 26) are all June babies too....although I refuse to accept the fact that me and my brother were conceived just as everyone else...the stork brought us.

Anti...sounds like you had an epic game of Battleship going on last night. Always a blast :)

Chief...never knew such ceremonies existed. I think it would be very neat to attend one of those. Always knew the 14th was Flag Day as my birthday coincides with it. However, I was slightly disappointed yesterday with the US Postal Service. I thought they didn't run on Flag Day...I almost know they haven't in the past....but we received our mail as scheduled yesterday.
    AntimonyER likes this.
  22. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

^ you are too funny. I fall into a very small category of people who know I was conceived. I don't think about the actual conception (my eyes, my brain - they hurt!!) but my parents and I are pretty open about talking. Its fun to watch my brother turn red when we mention he was conceived on July 4th. :D
  23. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

Oh *yay* the forum is BACK on!!! lol

Any plans on the weekend? :)

I'm going out with a friend to Luminato and check out the free exhibit and concerts. Sunday is Father's day and I'll be going up to my Brother's :)
  24. HanSolo

HanSolo Well-Known Member

Greetings, peeps!

I am working from home, recuperating from my neutering. To all those who told me it was not painful and just a bit of discomfort, well, you should know you suffer from selective amnesia.

[​IMG]
  25. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Well-Known Member

Servers back up!!!

I think I know what caused it. I was entering in OTD's birthday on the List :p