Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Last Updated:

1. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Exciting BB! Where in Kansas? I used to live in Lawrence and I really miss that town.

2. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

Right by Wichita. I have no idea where Lawrence is.
  3. breadnatty08

Lawrence is NE of there, about 30min west of Kansas City (home of Kansas University). I worked at a bakery there (one of the best in the country). Damn, now I want some of their kalamata olive loaf. :(
  4. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

Morning folks! Hope everyone had a great weekend! Happy late Father's day to the fathers out there!

Also Happy late Birthday to Ryan! Hope it was a good one!
  5. breadnatty08

6. MSUgEEk

Parents got me the ice cream maker attachment for my KitchenAid stand mixer for my birthday. I'm stoked about making some ice cream now!
  7. ryancmatchett

ryancmatchett VIP Member VIP Member

Hey all...again. Its definitely a MONDAY!!! First day of summer for the kids, so they are off to camp in a couple of hours.

I wanted to see if you guys might be able to help me out. I have entered a contest on XDA, in order to win an ARM Cortex M0 development board...(enter techy talk here....) I would love to pick something this advanced up to help with my Salt Water fish tank hobby...that board is a huge improvement over what I have currently....and would help me with the programming needed for app development as well. The contest is based on THANKS....could you guys check it out and maybe help me out? THANKS so much!!

Please Help Me WIN this ARM Cortex M0 Development Board so that I can build my Salt Water Fish Tank Controller. Rules: the post/idea that has the most THANKS
    Thank you!!!

xda-developers - View Single Post - Contest: Win a ARM CORTEX M0 Development Board
  8. breadnatty08

Awesome! Let us know how it is. I got a KA for my graduation present. I have a couple attachments for it. They're generally really well made (if not really pricey :rolleyes:).
  9. MSUgEEk

Haha, yeah, they're pricey but very well made indeed. We've got the juicer and ice cream maker as of now. I want the food grinder next.
  10. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

Goooooooooood morning everyone.

Super busy weekend with the move, but we are 98% done and all in one weekend. Such a good feeling. We took the pickup truck over there and in 3-4 total trips we got pretty much everything. Just need to go back and clean the floors and vacuum and such and then we will be out of there. My current landlord said if I get out there and early and let the new tenant move in she will reimburse me for the days I am not living in the apartment, which will be a decent amount back. So excited for the new place and we got our kitten yesterday - he's definitely timid, but he's opening up a bit.

Got Optimum installed yesterday too and went with the "Boost" package which gets me ~50Mbps down and that's always very nice to have. Gotta setup my desktop and put it to the test tonight.

Hope everyone's weekend, birthdays and Father's Day was spectacular.
  11. breadnatty08

Yeah, I have that one. Honestly, I'd just give it to you as I've only used it a couple times. :eek:
  12. MSUgEEk

Haha, we've only used the juicer once or twice too...not as useful as we thought it would be. I think once we have kids the food grinder would be great. Would allow us to make our own baby food.
  13. breadnatty08

That would be a great purpose. We have a Vitamix blender (love it), so any sort of pureeing can be done there.
  14. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

I have it and only used it once but it was good.
  15. breadnatty08

Just remember to always keep that bowl in the freezer!
  16. MSUgEEk

Those things are ridiculous expensive! Very nice though!

Done :) I love homemade ice cream and living in the south, we make it quite frequently. My family has tons of recipes that have been handed down so I see it being used a good bit.
  17. breadnatty08

Yeah the Vitamix was a b-day gift from my lady. We have one at work (the pricier, variable speed one). They are tanks and well worth the money.
  18. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

Hope everyone had a great father's day!

Have fun BB!

Han: feeling any better?

Happy Anni dread!
    breadnatty08 and BabyBlues like this.
  19. breadnatty08

Lady was so happy pulling out the card from her purse. Little does she know how much more lies ahead for her! :D
  20. BabyBlues

I laugh when I see all the talk about the KitchenAid attachments - its the one thing from my defunct marriage that I refused to give up. Its in storage because my Mom has one that I use. I always wanted the attachments though. Maybe one day....
  21. Lucky Armpit

Lucky Armpit Well-Known Member

Happy Anniversary deadnatty08 and Happy Belated Birthday Ryan!

Good morning all, we did Father's Day at my house yesterday. Grilled burgers, tater tots, and banana splits for dessert. Oh, and plenty of alcohol since I was putting up with my in-laws. It was low key and easy prep work.

My Razr Maxx will be here today. I'm both excited and sad, but at least I can try it out to see if it's for me. I'm sure I'll keep it, but I will give it a thorough test-drive before doing so. I'm going to stick my toe in the rooting waters because I want to move over some saved games from the Nexus to the Razr. I've got a post in the rooting section but may drop back in here for advice.
    ryancmatchett and breadnatty08 like this.
  22. breadnatty08

Good luck, Lucky! My wife's Bionic needs some work itself. PM'd a Guide who helps in that area as I think I'm just going to unroot it and let her take the OTAs. She doesn't care about the ROM, just wants it to work.
    BTW, there wasn't a chance you could hold out for the SGS3?
  23. BabyBlues

Oh yeah, who wants to come visit me in the Atlanta airport on July 12th?......I have a 4 hour layover. :D:p
  24. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Well-Known Member

Double Hit today.

Halon and Razorsharp :birthday:

Get anything good (that you can discuss in public)? ;)
    RazorSharp and ryancmatchett like this.
  25. BabyBlues

Happy Birthday to both Birthday Boys!!!!
    RazorSharp likes this.