1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

1. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

CONGRATS and welcome to the Guidely fold, Jmar! :D

I've been following the Voyagers since they launched in the late 70s. And they're still just cookin' along out there. It's so far away that, at the speed of light, it takes 16 hours and 38 minutes for Voyager 1's data to reach us. Contrast that to the 8 minutes that it takes for light to reach us from the sun!

It's WAYYYY out there, folks. And it's soon to truly leave the solar system's influence and make our sun just another star in space as it flies through the cold, dark cosmos.

EDIT: Any bets on when we'll move the Watering Hole to the Staff area because every member here turned green? :)
  2. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

I'll have to go back through but I could have swore it mentioned Tegra 3?

APPLES RESPONSE TO MICROSOFT'S ANNOUNCEMENT YESTERDAY :D

Apple Legal Team & Tim Cook Watch Microsoft Surface Promo - YouTube
    breadnatty08 likes this.
  3. ryancmatchett

ryancmatchett VIP Member VIP Member

Congrats JMar!! Well earned...
    So the kids had their first day of summer camp yesterday, and were exhausted!! Made for a calm evening and an early bedtime.
    Also some friends came by last night to drop off a birthday and fathers day gift...a Home Brew Beer kit!! Best gift I received this year. (Of course they and my other half are worried they may have started something that may get outta hand....)
    Will put it to good use starting this weekend.
    Hope everyone has a great day!!
    jmar likes this.
  4. halon

@dreadnatty08

5. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Halon, like the vid. I've read Tim Cook is far more level headed than Jobs was. How he controls their legal team though, I have no idea.
  6. breadnatty08

Yeah, I read that at Engadget. Just wondering if Invidia has developed anything different for Win8? If looking at WP7 run single core processors as smooth as they appear, I think Tegra 3 will be great for Win8. It runs Android just fine on my Prime, but I think it could be a little better optimized.
  7. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Well we have halon, Ryan, lucky and svt, Copacetic, Treo, aj, dawnierae ... And Han. We have a ways to go yet ;)
    jmar likes this.
  8. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

Ummm...wow. That sounds like something that would happen in my city. We seem to have an awful lot of crazy stuffed into our little 8 square miles.

Congrats!

Congrats jmar!

I, for one, am still orange...and I'm okay with that. Although, I do wish they had picked a different color for premium.
    jmar, breadnatty08 and AntimonyER like this.
  9. breadnatty08

No worries, Dawn. We're planning a Nexus overtaking of AF soon enough. :D
    jmar likes this.
  10. halon

It won't happen with me. I was a mod on a forum once. Just not something I wish to get into again. Sorry :(
    jmar likes this.
  11. AntimonyER

I completely respect that.
    jmar and halon like this.
  12. halon

A friend at work yesterday showed me his new phone he got over the weekend...it was a Razzr Maxx. I kinda like it :eek: He checked out my phone last week and liked it but went with the Maxx for battery life. And to keep on subject of other phones. I actually don't think the iphone is a bad phone. I just don't like Apple. I've had it before. I never said I wouldn't go back to it. They just need to build what I would want. The first thing they need is a bigger screen. Which should happen with the next. But they need to keep up in the hardware of phones that are out there. Which they will probably never do?

I still use my old iPhone...for the iPod feature :) And I still have the Fifth Gen Video iPod, still works!
  13. breadnatty08

Halon, I was riding with my boss last night and he wanted me to type in a movie title to watch in his iPhone. It's crazy going from the size of my Nexus to that little thing. And while, that keyboard is solid, it's just way too small. I'm really hoping the next iPhone get's bigger!
  14. HanSolo

HanSolo Well-Known Member

Good morning, peeps!

The marbles are healing nicely and I'm back in the swing of things, so to speak.
    jmar likes this.
  15. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

HanSolo likes this.
  16. Lucky Armpit

Lucky Armpit Well-Known Member

Hi Han! Glad you're feeling better!
    HanSolo likes this.
  17. breadnatty08

Halon, watching that keynote. Actually, pretty impressive. That keyboard is sweet and looks to perhaps smoke that on my Prime.
  18. halon

I don't view Surface as a tablet. To me it looks like they made a really small and thin desktop. The laptop that I use is meant to be a desktop replacement. When purchased it rivaled any high end desktop computer. I like Surface. I would get it.
  19. breadnatty08

I'm actually quite intrigued. The only problem I have with it is it's too small. I like the large screen of my crappy tank of a laptop and it's hard to give it up. And, it rarely leaves the living room, so mobility isn't so important. I considered moving to a Chromebook as really all I do is internet use, but haven't jumped in yet as I don't believe the prices are reasonable.
  20. halon

I agree. My laptop has an 18" screen. It rarely leaves living room either unless I'm staying somewhere else. Even just overnight if I'm going to hook it up to someones tv to watch a movie(at theaters) from a streaming website.
  21. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I'll probably be blue forever too - simply don't know enough to be a guide!
  22. breadnatty08

Don't need to, just need to be addicted to AF like the rest of us!
    Unforgiven and jmar like this.
  23. AntimonyER

What dread said ;) hey, that rhymed!
    Unforgiven and breadnatty08 like this.
  24. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

Wait the us version of the s3 is out tomorrow or did someone post the wrong info on twitter? I though July 20th