1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

1. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

I'm about to help my daughter dry her hair - wanna trade? :p
  2. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

Just come to Colorado and stick her head outside for about 2 minutes and poof! Dry hair :) only got to 105
    BabyBlues likes this.
  3. ajdroidx

Well that kind of changed I am now sitting outside near the path of a potential severe thunderstorm with strong winds of 60mph possible
  4. ajdroidx

Test. Radar screen grab. I think this is the correct image. And its trying to rain. Edit. Wrong image :(

Attached Files:

5. AndroiDad75

AndroiDad75 Well-Known Member

PowerAmp seems to be a popular choice. I use it, but mainly for audio books. Use Google music for the music on my phone.
  6. ajdroidx

I can't wait to ditch my nexus :(
  7. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

You going back to the Maxx or the S3?
  8. ajdroidx

Not sure. I expect a smart phone to be smart not to favor a wifi signal that is weak over a stronger 4g signal
  9. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

Isn't that a default setting? It's to save battery. And you could simply turn Wi-Fi off...
  10. ajdroidx

Nope.
    Yeah, I manually went in to turn off wifi just so I could use the device outside. One would think it would favor the stronger signal, thats all.

Needless to say, not fun to do while you are getting slammed with 40mph wind gusts!
  11. ajdroidx

Perhaps I should spend a few hundred bucks on NFC tags and put them everywhere for all situations. :D

Outside in yard, have one to kill the wifi. Inside, kill the CDMA / LTE radios, At work, kill wifi, in the car, kill wifi, etc. LOL
  12. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ~Shoveling Snow~ Moderator

AJ, this may sound wierd, but I actually get better battery life leaving WiFi on all the time regardless if I have wifi signal or not. I cannot explain it, but it works.
  13. RazorSharp

The stock Power Controls widget includes a Wi-Fi toggle. A lot of ROMs (including AOKP) also include an option for you to put the Power Controls, including Wi-Fi, right in the notification swipe down menu.
  14. RazorSharp

So I realize that my previous wording "only Australia for right now" is misleading; you can use this anywhere, you just have to build it in Australia in Google Maps, haha. Anyway, I built a house! Well, the first floor of a house. You guys are welcome to check it out if you want to:

www.buildwithchrome.com/build/CN28

EDIT: Actually, come to think of it, you might not be able to see it until it gets approved. Sorry!
  15. ajdroidx

Serious question:
    If you where going to buy an AT&T phone tomorrow, which would you get?
  16. Unforgiven

Note or One X
  17. ajdroidx

I bought my mom the note last week. Its nice. Very nice and you can actually make calls on it and hear the other person. I hope it gets ICS very soon. The uncentered widgets are a bit annoying
  18. Unforgiven

fI know very little about each, I just make my way around AF and those are two phones available on AT&T that would appeal to me. unfortunately, in my area, AT&T and Sprint have no coverage, so it is VZW for me.
  19. ajdroidx

A few times with the note I have gotten very respectable HSPA + speeds, like 7mb!

I would buy an iPad but it would not fit in my pocket.
  20. BabyBlues

Me too. I like the looks of both.
  21. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

Anyone else watch Masterchef?
  22. BabyBlues

Ok my photography friends - I just pulled the camera out to charge it for the cruise and figured I'd ask for some tips. It's by no means a really really good camera. It's a Nikon Coolpix. My biggest desire with this thing is to be able to take a quick shot rather than have it take FOREVER. Any tips on settings for this? (I would much rather use Nyxie but I'm terrified of hurting her so the camera will be put to use)
  23. ajdroidx

Set the camera in p mode so you can make adjustments from the cameras best guess at metering the scene. Though I'm not familiar with that camera and I shoot manual with my 5dmkii and even my g12
    BabyBlues likes this.
  24. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

25. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

Yep. Really good this year, however not quite as good as Masterchef Australia. Those people are SO friendly to each other! If you haven't seen it, try to catch it online somehow! (I am in the US, so I don't watch every episode of the AU version, but it is SO much different!)