Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Last Updated:

1. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

Hey y'all!

Would like to start by saying: OMGosh!

I have been busy!

Just found out that I will be promoted to Store Manger within five weeks!

On top of that, my SM is on vacation for the next two weeks. And this promo is a huge launch! Support SBUX Refreshers if you can! LOL!

Tried Jelly Bean but went back to AOKP only because I need my phone to be disaster free as I will be working insane hours for the next month.

Ordered my first tablet, Nexus 7 16GB, and am dying to use it for work (schedule organization/portability) and play (I live root!).

Miss y'all!

BB: Super jealous I am not on that cruise!

Chief: Glad you are having fun with's fun, huh?

Everyone else, too tired to remember the last 5 pages to say something relevant.

Just got done merging a thread, reporting, and other guidely things...been slacking cos of work. Love y'all.

BabyBlues and Lucky Armpit like this.
  2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

We love you too jmar! :D

In an androidy way, of course ;)

Yes, having fun with root... AGAIN! Jelly Belly was at 1.5 this morning when I flashed it: it's 1.6 now! Flashing tomorrow AM once my battery's full up again!

Try not to burn out at work: I understand what you're up against. We'll hold down the Guidely fort while you're working... you do what real life you gotta do.

Thanks for popping in :)
    jmar likes this.
  3. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

I really REALLY hate the drivers with this. Tried Wugs tools and windows kept failing saying it cant start the device. I think I will attempt to install JB anyway and hope it don't brick. If it does, well then... I don't know...

The driver issue is, by far, what sours me on this phone. BAR NONE!
  4. ajdroidx

AUGH. I am having issues tonight. My power button keeps double clicking thus rebooting the phone while in recovery. Probably well on my way to bricking this thing tonight.

If by chance I don't brick this thing tonight, I am going to buy touch recovery. This sucks!
  5. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

Wasn't touch causing problems with the flashing of JB?
  6. ajdroidx

Hey, I got it!

Installed Vicious. I think nova is going right back on this thing so I can send that search bar to the trash bin.

I thought I had a brick. I took nearly 5 (long) minutes before it booted up after the flash.
    ryancmatchett likes this.
  7. ajdroidx

When Am I going to learn to actually take advantage of Titanium Backup and use that to backup my apps then restore them after a flash instead of re downloading everything from the market!? :banghead:
  8. ajdroidx

Hmmm... looks like the Vicious Rom I am trying is pretty vanilla (no pun intended). No status bar tweaks or anything.
  9. ajdroidx

I am now using liquid smooth 1.5. Does anyone have the buckyballs wallpaper?
  10. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Morning everyone!
    Well, the area is still cleaning up after Friday night's storm. Appr. 600k households are still without power in the metro area! And, that after one of our hottest weekends on record. :(
    Fortunately we never lost power, though we did lose phone and internet service at the restaurant (was restored last night). Meant we had to forward all calls to a managers cell phone and it was cash only. Want to guess how that affected business? Nada, we had a bangin weekend of sales.
    My sister in law had to take the kids down to her parents house in VA since they still don't have power in MD. And last night I noticed a huge line of cars for the gas station and didn't realize how many were closed down.
    Really looking forward to my bus ride to work today! :rolleyes:

Edit: and dang, it's the lead story on the Today Show!
  11. Copacetic

Copacetic Well-Known Member

Glad you hung onto your power, my husbands son and his family are still out, and your right it was a hot hot hot weekend. Fortunately, their basement is cool. We had some wicked storms come through here last night around 1:30. Torrential rain and 60mph winds. The lightening was absolutely out of control, it was as if the sky was lit up for 30 minutes without a break...and...almost no thunder! The bonus is our temp is a respectable 60 degrees this morning!
  12. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Yeah, like always, the Georgia Southern weather repeller was up and operating at full power last night, there was a break in the line of nasty storms, and as soon as it passed our house, the break disappeared. Not complaining though, as it rained for a decent amount of time last night, just missed out on the wind. After hearing about the mess in areas on either side of us this morning, it was a good thing.
  13. breadnatty08

I got home from work around 10 and passed out in about 30 min so I missed all the action. Just started raining as I crashed. Wife was up and said she nearly felt the building moving! :eek:
  14. Unforgiven

Unforgiven -.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... Moderator

I can't believe I just heard a commercial for back to school.:banghead:
    atrain311 likes this.
  15. breadnatty08

Bahaha! My mom would love those old Staples ones of the parents frolicking through the store while the kids would have the look of horror on their faces of going back to school. :p
    Basically the same as mine was. :(
  16. The_Chief

Heh Heh I can't help but think that BB's out sipping umbrella drinks on the sun deck thinking she's got us beat. And when she gets back she'll probably be the only Gnexer left in here that hasn't been running Jelly Bean forever :p
    BabyBlues and ryancmatchett like this.
  17. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

Good morning everyone - happy Monday.

JB has been running absolutely amazing all weekend. Still need to flash V5 (still on V2 I believe) but I haven't had any problems so not in a rush to go flash crazy.

Had a fun weekend except for seeing some more centipedes and an issue with the property manager, but the apartment issue is all taken care of. The centipedes are still coming back so I have a few more ideas to try to get rid of them - hopefully this is the last straw for them.

Worked until 10:30PM Friday night doing code deployments and then a friend came over and just hung out at the new apartment. I love being able to have people over - so fun and relaxing and no complaints from the neighbors about noise so I am content.

Saturday I helped a friend move to his new house and got my couch delivered. The couch guys showed up, carried it in, set it up and were out in four minutes. Absolutely ridiculous and they showed up at the beginning of the time frame - I was so impressed. I didn't have time to tip them or even give them a bottle of water. Yesterday was my brother's graduation party - fun to see some friends and family. Always a good time though.

Made plans with an old friend to go skydiving in 2-3 months. I am beyond stoked to do that - its something I've always wanted to do. Has anyone gone before?
  18. breadnatty08

Skydiving? I would absolutely love to! I have a pretty big fear of heights but still love trying to conquer them. I still can't watch that whole video of the guyed tower one. :eek:
    Bout to load up Jelly Belly 1.7.
  19. The_Chief

I cannot make a backup in ClockworkMod! Not through ROM Manager, not in CWM itself. I don't know what it is: if it's Jelly Bean, or my data... but there are some massive data packets that hung the phone up for 15+ minutes and it finally failed.

Sucks out loud.
  20. breadnatty08

Chief, have you tried reflashing CWM or even an older version (not sure if you can still do that)?
  21. The_Chief

Dread, it's not CWM. I had touch and then reverted to regular after the whole Venir JB ROM fiasco. But I've made backups with this version with no issue until I flashed JB.

Makes no sense, considering that CWM operates outside the operating system and JB shouldn't affect it.

I DID mark my Music library for offline use, so I have a lot of data... but it's never hung up CWM before. I have no idea what's wrong.
  22. breadnatty08

Hmmm, not sure what's going on. Can you access an old Nandroid that still has your data and start over? Would suck to lose what you have now, but may help.
  23. The_Chief

Well, I'm not in a bad spot here that I need to restore anything. Up & running 1.7 deliciously. Although this version of CWM has restored in the past. Just really sucks that, going forward, I may not be able to back up my phone via any channel. :(

BTW, Glad to know YOU'RE up & running, AJ! Enjoy yourself some Jelly Bean! :D
    ryancmatchett likes this.
  24. DarthSilentBob

DarthSilentBob VIP Member VIP Member

Went with Vicious Jelly Bean yesterday. Good grief this thing is fast! No problems whatsoever. Even with CWM Touch. Restored from Titanium and cruising. I REALLY, REALLY love Jelly Bean so far. Shame I can't say the same about the phone itself.
  25. Lucky Armpit

Lucky Armpit Well-Known Member

Good morning all! We went to see Prometheus yesterday afternoon in Raleigh. It was so nice to sit in a nice theater, reclining seats, NO TEXTING TWEENS, and they actually had listening devices. But the audio system was so good, I was able to understand 95% of what was said during the movie. It's been a long time since that's happened, and I'll GLADLY drive an hour to Raleigh to see a movie. The theater in Rocky Mount is terrible, and we'll probably never go back there.

Storms must have rolled through the area while we were in the movie as a few things in the backyard were blown over. Nothing major, no loss of power, etc. Although the power went off in the parking deck while we were walking to the movie but the rest of the area had power. Weird. I heard several people mention high winds and hail but we knew nothing about it.

I got ICS on my Razr Maxx Saturday morning. I had some minor post-installation issues that I got past with no problems and I have to admit, I really like what Motorola did with ICS. Their tweaks have been nice and unobtrusive. The phone is butter-smooth. I'm very happy with it - I hated to give up the Nexus, but with the one-way audio issue and no fix in sight, I had to do something.