• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

ty for the welcome :)

Well my Nexus won't be running on Verizon,so can I still post and stuff in this thread or?
Of course you can! We welcome everyone :)
Nope, I'll be right there with her. Still holding out for AOKP or Liquid to take a crack at JB. As tempted as I am, I don't have time for some of the problems I've read about people having.
I'm inclined to agree. It's tempting, but I rely on my phone too much to have anything serious happen to it, like bricking. For now I'm content to get the experience vicariously through the rest of you. :p

Upvote 0
Evening all...so I finally installed that fish stand cabinet that was supposed to be done 2 weeks ago...he kept changing his mind on stuff and adding more changes...anyways....now relaxing with the FAM for a few days before I build an Arduino controller...oh so much fun around these parts!!!
Hope everyone is having a good week now that Monday is over...and I am sure its more than just me that wishes we were all on a cruise somewhere sunny and drink-filled....oh right, BB is doing that already....jealous.....

Upvote 0
Morning all. A rare TWO DAY vacation for me! I was supposed to be going to see Aerosmith and Cheap Trick tonight up in Northern VA, but apparently, Steven Tyler is under doctor's orders not to perform, so I guess I have to find something else to do in Bristow, VA since we have a non-refundable hotel room for tonight. :mad:

Upvote 0
Dawn, you can come up to DC and visit me! :)

Morning all! So I took the plunge yesterday and deactivated my Facebook account. They've made it much easier to do BUT, you have a 2 week waiting period. If you log back in at all, you have to start the process over again. It'll be tough at first but the combination of the email phishing they're doing and the fact that I just don't care about anyone on there aside from my family just made me do it.
Let's see how long this lasts. :eek:

Upvote 0
Good morning all, and welcome to the newest members of the Galaxy Watering Hole! We're closed tomorrow so I hope today is nice and quiet. We're going to grill our butts off tomorrow... we're planning to grill a rack of baby back ribs, chicken legs/thighs, corn, asparagus, and skewers of peaches and apples. And of course plenty of beer. :)

Speaking of losing our butts, I had trouble sleeping last night so I didn't get up to ride my bike this morning. That makes two days in a row. I have to get up early tomorrow and ride!

Upvote 0
Good morning all and happy mid-week Friday eve ... off from work tomorrow, should be a nice little break from the work week.

Saw Ted last night - highly recommended if you enjoy Family Guy humor. Some offensive jokes in there, but I was laughing for most of the movie. Definitely suggest you see it.

Welcome to our new Watering Hole members - you'll enjoy it here.

Upvote 0
Dawn, you can come up to DC and visit me! :)

Morning all! So I took the plunge yesterday and deactivated my Facebook account. They've made it much easier to do BUT, you have a 2 week waiting period. If you log back in at all, you have to start the process over again. It'll be tough at first but the combination of the email phishing they're doing and the fact that I just don't care about anyone on there aside from my family just made me do it.
Let's see how long this lasts. :eek:

How far are you from Manassas? I think that's where our hotel is. No telling what we are gonna get into. Any dinner recommendations up that way?

Good luck on the Facebook thing. I'm not quite there yet...but I can see myself ditching it eventually.

Upvote 0
How far are you from Manassas? I think that's where our hotel is. No telling what we are gonna get into. Any dinner recommendations up that way?

Good luck on the Facebook thing. I'm not quite there yet...but I can see myself ditching it eventually.

It's a ways, probably at least an hour. I live in downtown DC. As far as places out there, I really don't know. There's some nice parks in the Manasas area and if you like wine, there's some great wineries in the area to tour. :)

Upvote 0
Hilarious that Facebook forces you through a 2 week waiting period and if you log on once it stops the process, lol. It's like a girlfriend that tells you if you can make it 2 weeks without wanting to talk to her after you "break up" then you can break up with her. We all know you're going back to her, including you ;) lol

Good morning all! Had a great weekend. Enjoyed time with family and friends. Went to my niece's first birthday party. That child is possibly the sweetest thing ever. After that we went to see a couple of friends and their baby. Spent the night with them and hung out the next day a little while before coming home. Wife had a doctor appointment yesterday and got a good report, so that was good. Hope everyone else had a good weekend and hope everyone has a great 4th tomorrow!

Reactions: breadnatty08
Upvote 0
I love me some good "hole in the wall" pizza. Eating from a chain feels like I am doing NY a huge disservice.

Well, we really don't have those in DC per say. Working in the pizza "biz" I like to familiarize myself with all the pizza joints in town (and yep, I still think ours is the best).
Our "native" style is the Jumbo Slice. Yeah made everywhere else, but apparently a DC thing.
Food Wars - D.C. Jumbo Slice History - YouTube
I've never had this filth. It's popular in Adams Morgan which is not far from us, but it's a late night boozers dream.
Really, the only other style that's popular is the fancy, individual Neopolitan style. Expensive, and often mediocre. Obviously, we have a bunch of takeout joints, but they're usually pretty terrible. Our style mimics that of New Haven (East Haven to be specific). Fairly thin crust, very bread like, crispy and a slight char on the bottom. Extremely particular with our toppings to ensure they're all cooked correctly and seasoned right.
I do know what you're talking about as we had some great little joints where I grew up in MA. Lots of Greeks opening up pizza places and they had an interesting and delicious take on pizza. Plus, I really miss Papa Ginos (maybe only Pup knows them). Loved that place as a kid. :D
(Yes, I'm a pizza fanatic and love it! :))

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones