Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Last Updated:

1. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

@Stigy...How did that dirty flash work out for ya?

Advertisement
  2. Lucky Armpit

Lucky Armpit Well-Known Member

3. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Rule #32, Enjoy the Little Things
    BabyBlues and Lucky Armpit like this.
  4. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Has anyone been able to get Wifi tether to work with JB? I believe I'm on the latest app update but my Prime can't see it. Hmm
  5. breadnatty08

Gah, at my favorite local bar having some day off afternoon drinks and they keep testing out new stuff and handing me glasses of it. Have to meet the wife and co-workers a block away for happy hour in a bit. Thank god this is within a few blocks of the apartment. :)
  6. jdduncan11

jdduncan11 Well-Known Member

Best pizza is in Old Forge, PA. It's a 2-hour drive from my house, but damn it's worth it. We have some very good pizza down my way, but when I'm in upstate PA I always stop in Old Forge
  7. breadnatty08

I've heard about pizza from Old Forge. Sounds very Americana to me. Would love to try it some day.
  8. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

You guys are killing me with the Pizza talk today ;)
  9. mdmk123

mdmk123 Active Member

If your in the white plains area then go to Sal's pizza. It is known to have some of the best Sicilian pizza on that area.
  10. Lucky Armpit

Lucky Armpit Well-Known Member

No one in these parts knows what good Sicilian pizza is. I miss NJ... :(
  11. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female

If you're there alone with your SO.... well, I know what I would be doing in that hotel room (I may be old, but I ain't dead lol).

All kidding aside... sorry you're missing Aerosmith and Cheap Trick. Id give my left arm to see them in concert (and both arms and legs to see Keith Urban... YUM).
  12. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Well-Known Member

And in even MORE Pizza News today...

Chuck E. Cheese transforming into a rock star - Yahoo! News

Voice of Chuck E. got the boot in corporate makeover :( ;)
  13. breadnatty08

14. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

I somehow got the 4th off. Too bad every thing is closed and half the state is on fire. Well almost a dozen fires near were I usually like to go
  15. breadnatty08

We're open for business. :rolleyes::D
    First 4th working in the new restaurant, I've been away the past two. DC is funny for the 4th. Half the city leaves and we get a ton in to see the fireworks on the Mall. Unfortunately, it looks like it may rain a bit.
  16. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Good luck and sell lots of food, Dread!

I unpinned my entire library. Hopefully that'll stop all this downloading stuff.
    breadnatty08 likes this.
  17. breadnatty08

I believe the last couple years have been a pretty chill day. We may have a busy lunch and early dinner, but it mostly clears out by 7-8pm in time for everyone to make it to the fireworks. But, last night was CRAZY. Most of Montgomery County and parts of upper NW DC are still without power so everyone has been dining out. I couldn't believe the sales we did (and how under prepared we were).
  18. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female

At the risk of sounding uniformed, can someone pretty please explain in layman's terms about this Apple legal issue with Samsung? Will it affect current Gnex owners, or does this deal with a different Samsung phone? As you can tell, I don't understand any of it at all. :(
  19. breadnatty08

Basically, it just means that the security staff from Cupertino will be banging down the doors of all Nexus owners and confiscating their phones (along with any other Android devices they find). ;):D

Nah, I don't know how it affects current owners. Courts around the world have ruled for and against Apple but in terms of those with the devices in hand, I doubt they can do anything. My biggest concern is how it affects Verizon and any other carriers from selling these devices (subsidized of course) or if Google will only be selling them themselves. I'm hoping that any and all patents Google acquired from Motorola will help quell these ridiculous law suits.
  20. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female

:ahhhhh:

Thanks! My next question is why are they (Apple) doing this in the first place?
  21. breadnatty08

Because they're scared of competition and the precedent that Steve Jobs made by trying to kill Android any way possible. It's a huge point of contention with Android fans (myself included) and it's gotten to the point that judges are literally telling both parties to "cut it out".
    You can sift through some of the latest articles here:
    Apple And Samsung -- Engadget
    Petrah likes this.
  22. Unforgiven

Unforgiven -.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... Moderator

They can't out innovate, so they will try to out litigate, which is sad for a company with such a rich history of innovation.
    Petrah and breadnatty08 like this.
  23. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

I posted my thoughts a couple pages back if you wanna check my rant. :)
    Petrah likes this.
  24. breadnatty08

Maybe a dumb question, but I thought JB was supposed to use Chrome as the stock browser? Why does it appear as though I'm using the old browser? Is it just the app icon or what? I know the quick controls are different, but that's about all I see. :confused:
  25. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Nope, still stock Android browser, at least on this release. But it's easy to change :D