1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Last Updated:

1. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

I actually prefer the stock browser over Chrome, just curious.

Advertisement
  2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Well, they're losing my family:

My iPhone sister and her son saw how Apple iOS changes, but the same phone w/the same little screen. He tried an SGS2 and loves it. Now she's cooling her heels until her AT&T contract runs out in a couple of months, slobbering all over the SGS3.

She texted me: "What's this Ice Cream thing?" :D

I called her to explain. Now she's slobbering even more: you don't have to buy a new phone to get an updated OS? Imagine that!
    ajdroidx likes this.
  3. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

And then there's Jelly Bean. ;)
  4. The_Chief

She's a LONG way from rooting & ROMming, believe you me! Let's get her on Android first, then we'll do the more intricate stuff :)
  5. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female

Thank you!!

Ah, I found what I was looking for via the link you sent (don't ask me how I found it now when I couldn't before lol). :) This is what I was after. Are they claiming any other infringements by Samsung?

Apple needs a good Gibbs Slap, IMHO.

6. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

I just read over at Android Police that Google is working up an update/patch to bypass the injunction.
  7. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

Nova Launcher has an update for JB. Sweet.
  8. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

Sun pillar :)

Attached Files:

9. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

Great reference. :D
    ryancmatchett likes this.
  10. ajdroidx

Android needs a "drop apple into pavement to unlock" feature :evil:
    ryancmatchett likes this.
  11. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female

:rofl:
  12. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Bypassing it on our HTCs (different patent, same baloney) is literally just a few lines change in one configuration file.

Would be cool if the same applies here. :)
  13. Bren S.

Bren S. Well-Known Member

14. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female

Ok, did they remove it because of the lawsuit, or did they just run out of stock???

Galaxy Nexus @ Google Play

I'm SO glad my boyfriend and I bought ours a few days ago! Mine will be here day after tomorrow... w00000t!

Edit: And there it is: http://www.theverge.com/2012/7/3/31...vailable-to-purchase-from-google-play-website

Edit 2: They're mistaken in this. That statement has been there since news went big about the phone getting JB.

15. Bren S.

Bren S. Well-Known Member

Yep mine will be here Thursday as well. However I am not happy about the way the link I posted reads like they are dumbing down the search functions which I don't like but some people are also saying that the NOW cards feature will go as well because of this patch?
    I did not buy the phone to end up with "less than" everything it can do before the patch.
  16. ajdroidx

Am I the only one who thinks this whole apple/android/samsung lawsuit thing is worse then the Metallica/Napster thing?
  17. ajdroidx

Well... how geeky are you?

Looks like a theoretical particle has been proven. A new boson fitting the description of the higgs boson has been found. Who says you can't get something for nothing. :)
  18. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female

I'm not that familiar yet with what the Now cards actually are. The only real thing I was seriously lookiing forward to was the S Voice, which I'm sure will be broken in some way (I've read that people weren't pleased with it to begin with, but I have bad eyesight so it would still help me out a lot). As for the search function, I don't use that feature of my phone often enough to miss it if it were to completely disappear. However, I get what you're saying. A lot of people use their phones more heavily than I, so you (and everyone else) have a legitimate complaint there.

No, I agree with you!

The whatsawhosit? No idea what that is exactly lol.
  19. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Morning everyone!
    DC is STILL reeling from the storm. Some folks won't have power until the end of the week and temps are looking to stay in the mid to upper 90s the rest of the week.
    Already seen there's ROMs out for the Nexus 7! :eek: Doesn't add much more other than basic root things, but it's a start. I'm hoping once I get mine AOKP will be updated to JB and have a ROM for it! :D
    Still haven't rooted my Prime, but I think the N7 will be my new ROMing play toy. :)

Happy 4th to you all! Have a fun and safe day with friends and family (and hopefully lots of food!). I'll be at work all day so no real celebration for me.
  20. The_Chief

They should have named it the Pope Boson... it gives Mass to all the other particles :p

:rolleyes:

EDIT: No offense intended, I'm just in a punny mood this morning :)
  21. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

The devs will find a way to reinstate it just like they did the features HTC had to disable. Don't worry about this at all. Just stick with us and you'll be fine. :D
  22. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

23. The_Chief

I hope they win the patent case against Apple: after all, universal search has been around long before Apple, and longer before they acquired the patent.

EDIT: To answer Razor's question... I'm running Jelly Belly 1.9 and it's flat-out awesome!