Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Last Updated: 2015-05-24 12:43:44
  1. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

Advertisement
    BabyBlues likes this.
  2. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

Well bummer! I have to say, I was a little underwhelmed with the Hondas as well. (I looked at the Accord before I bought my last Camry.) Maybe there will be another car that bowls her over. I had my heart set on a Nissan (either an Altima or Maxima) until I started noticing the new Hyundai's and then it was like "How YOU doin'?" (in my best Joey voice) :D
  3. Stigy

VW Jetta/Golf TDIs are where its at right now.
  4. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

QFT, wish we had one.
  5. Stigy

My buddy just picked up a Golf TDI because he had a 2002 GTI with a built motor and it didn't make sense to drive it on the street anymore. He gets about 58 MPG - its insane.
  6. Stigy

7. MSUgEEk

Yep. Those things are the ultimate fuel misers.
  8. Unforgiven

Unforgiven -.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... Moderator

9. Lucky Armpit

Lucky Armpit Well-Known Member

That made me LOL and get strange looks from my office neighbors. They're used to me saying that since I'm the only Northerner around here.

As far as the car, it worked out for the best. One one hand we were like, "this is a unique opportunity to have a new car for an extremely low payment for a short period of time" and on the other hand we were like, "WTF are we thinking?! Do we really want another car payment just a few months after getting rid of them?" Since the car was underwhelming, the latter choice was the best. What really scared us was the fact we made a smart, mature choice! We must be getting old... :rolleyes:
  10. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

Nah.....moments of maturity occasionally slip through for all of us. The trick is to balance it with 2 not so mature moments. :D
    ryancmatchett likes this.
  11. MSUgEEk

Just saw some of your pics from the cruise BB. Very jealous! :)
    BabyBlues likes this.
  12. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

13. samwapp

samwapp Well-Known Member

This. So badly. I have a 2011 GTI. Greatest car I've ever driven, and one of the most practical while being delightful to drive.
  14. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

Ditto! Great pics, BB. One of my favorite places I've ever been.
    BabyBlues likes this.
  15. Stigy

2008 VW Rabbit here. Got any plans to mod yours?

[​IMG]
  16. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

So, I just applied for a few positions at Verizon Wireless.. gotta do something with all this phone knowledge, I suppose. XD
  17. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Good luck, Razor!

Can you live with yourself having to meet an iPhone quota? :p
    AntimonyER likes this.
  18. RazorSharp

That is my sincerest fear, and the only reason I hadn't applied there before. :p
  19. Unforgiven

Unforgiven -.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... Moderator

Just worry about selling the customer the right phone, you'll be fine. For some folks the iPhone is right. I haven't met one yet, but they must be out there.:D
    breadnatty08 and ryancmatchett like this.
  20. samwapp

samwapp Well-Known Member

Eventually, yes. Some LED Taillights, H&R Springs, and maybe Stage 2. About a year away, but I can't wait :D

You can get phones early ;)
  21. Copacetic

Copacetic Well-Known Member

22. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

I've met 2!!:D
    And one I actually told to get an iPhone because of her technological deficiency in understanding more than the absolute minimum required.
    Copacetic likes this.
  23. Copacetic

I am with BB, for my non tech interested friends and family it's iphone all the way.
    BabyBlues likes this.
  24. Copacetic

Good luck, you will be great!
  25. RazorSharp

Not holding my breath on any replies, but thank you. :) Perhaps I can be the insider source for our next big Nexus pre-release thread. XP
    jmar and ryancmatchett like this.