Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

1. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

Might switch to JellyBelly this weekend?
  2. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

I don't recall seeing the article. I probably skipped over it while doing something else.
  3. Drhyde

Drhyde Well-Known Member

Went ahead and purchased a new Galaxy Nexus off eBay. Cost a little more than I would like, but the whole Play Store thing is completely jacked. It's there one day, gone the next. Should be here by Tuesday. It can find a nice little home next to my Nexus One and S, and my Sensation.
    AntimonyER, CaptainRon and jmar like this.
  4. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Congrats! Always wanted to own a N1, but my Droid was still too young at the time (and it wasn't on VZW). Play Store is ridiculous with the Nexus though. However, ordering my N7 was a piece of cake, bout as easy as Amazon. :)

Morning everyone! Supposed to be 103 today. :( Not looking forward to having to put clothes on eventually. :eek:
    jmar likes this.
  5. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Good morning Gnexers!

Well, this AM I'm updating Ginny from Jelly Belly 1.9 to 2.4. That seems to be a very stable and successful release. And more good news:

TiBU has an update in Play that is fully Jelly Bean compatible! :D

It's about time: update your apps, back up and flash away!

See you on Jelly Belly, Halon! :)

EDIT: Whatever you do, DON'T flash 2.0 or 2.1! They broke stuff. Go straight to 2.4 :)
  6. breadnatty08

Hmmm 2.4. I'll have to jump on that. Busy making my way through the rest of the forums I haven't even checked out the Nexus one. :eek:
  7. The_Chief

Dirty flashed from 1.9 to 2.4, used Proper gapps 7-4.

Booted up fast, wifi locked instantly. Had to install Maps & Currents from Play (no big deal). We'll see how fast GPS locks. Should be fast.

EDIT: And it was. Turned on Wifi & GPS, they locked within seconds.

So far, 2.4 FTW! :D
    CaptainRon and jmar like this.
  8. breadnatty08

All right. 2.4 it is. I'll give a dirty flash from 1.7 a shot. Or, bad idea?

Edit: Whooa this download is crawling. Anyone have a mirror?
    2nd Edit: My dumb self didn't see there's about 10 mirrors. :eek:
  9. halon

You know what would put Google Maps over the top? Or at least I think it would. I'm not sure if Maps has elevation in it? But, if it did and also had constantly updating gas prices then it would be cool if you would tell it your vehicle so that when you get directions it could tell you what you would be spending in cash.
    breadnatty08 likes this.
  10. The_Chief

Pogoplug: Jellybelly

:)
    breadnatty08 likes this.
  11. halon

Aren't there multiple 7-4 gapps? Or just use the latest one?
  12. breadnatty08

Thanks Chief!!!! Couldn't believe how slow ALL the mirrors were. Saved my morning. :D
  13. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Alright, downloading 2.4 now
  14. breadnatty08

Believe you want the "proper" ones. Use what Chief posted. Couldn't believe how fast that download was. :)
  15. halon

Okay. One more question. It says wipe system and wipe data. No need to wipe either of the caches?
  16. breadnatty08

What are you coming from? I'd wipe all data, cache, dalvik and system if coming from ICS. If not, you can go dirty and just do cache/dalvik (what I'm doing right now).
  17. halon

I'm on vanirbean.
  18. breadnatty08

Dear lord 2.4 is FAST! I thought it was slowing down a bit on 1.7 and was a little bummed. But this is awesome! :D

Also, from watching the video on DL for the N7, I learned that with multiple notifications you can scroll them up and down with two fingers to sink or expand. Pretty cool.
  19. The_Chief

If you are on VanirBean you want to use Super Wipe!

Format Data, system, cache & Dalvik.

Flash 2.4
    Flash gapps (proper) 7-4
  20. breadnatty08

I would probably recommend a complete wipe then. You can try no wiping data and see if you have any problems, but whenever I go from different ROMs I generally wipe everything.

Ninja'd by a minute!
  21. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

Morning y'all!

Totally living vicariously through you Jelly Bean fanatics!

Don't get me wrong, I checked it out and it is pretty amazing but I want AOSP source built AOKP Jelly Bean, like most of us. And as great as Jelly Bean is in its current hacked form, I love AOKP too much! Plus, I use LMT Launcher and the full screen mod so I want to make sure that I can still use it and use the swipe up for Google Now or some other elegant solution for my full screen use type.

Yeah, I know, I know, excuses, excuses. :rolleyes:

jmar
  22. halon

Link for Super Wipe, pretty please :)
  23. breadnatty08

halon likes this.
  24. halon

Okay. Done pestering :D
  25. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ~Play Nice~ Moderator

I am downloading 2.4 now, thanks for the link Chief. I'm not sure I will flash it though as like Anti, I am waiting for aosp roms (plus, having 2 Neus 7's in the pipeline doesn't hurt either).