Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

1. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

Color

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.color.android.socialcam&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5jb2xvci5hbmRyb2lkLnNvY2lhbGNhbSJd

2. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Hey everyone, having a family day, but just checking in to make sure nothing important is going on ;)
  3. CaptainRon

CaptainRon Well-Known Member

I just popped inside from more yard work and see Jelly Belly 2.5 has dropped. That's my idea of important!
    AntimonyER likes this.
  4. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Jake's recommending a full wipe. He usually does but he noted it extra this time.

I think I'll make a nandroid, TiBU backup and try a dirty flash. If it fails, I'm ready for a full wipe :)
  5. Drhyde

Drhyde Well-Known Member

On thoughts of Jelly Bean, does anyone else want Dead Zebra to make a figurine like the Jelly Bean statue complete with little plastic jelly beans inside? I sure do.
  6. halon

I just did all that today. Maybe tomorrow? :mad:
  7. CaptainRon

CaptainRon Well-Known Member

That's my philosophy. On the dirty 2.5 now and will see what happens.
  8. The_Chief

RIP another great star.

Ernest Borgnine has died. Ernest enlisted in the Navy in 1935, then RE-ENLISTED after Pearl Harbor. That counts BIG POINTS for me. Great guy in real life and on screen.

He was a Gunner's Mate in the Navy, and was made an honorary Chief in 2004. So I have lost a fellow Chief :(
  9. halon

Being a life long Pittsburgh Pirate fan has been pretty rough the past 20 years. We finished the break in 1st place! I just wish the damn owners would go after 2 good pitchers to help out the rest of the season!
  10. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

Hehehe... I was just sitting here thinking, reading the Verizon SIII thread on the XDA seeing if they cracked the encryption on the thing. Going all the way back to the DX motorola has been using an encrypted boot loader.

Going back a bit more to blu ray disc and HDCP encryption. You know the self generating keys that where said to be uncrackable? Well, eventually the protection scheme got cracked, and posted on line (shortly thereafter a cease and desist letter followed).

Kind of makes me wonder how something like the HDCP encryption can be cracked but yet a 2+ year old phones boot loader cannot. I guess part of the reason is, a hardware intercept was used, I guess its much easier and cheaper to open up a 2-300 dollar blu ray player and tinker with it, then say, a cell phone where the carriers can watch you.

Kind of a pointless post, I guess, I just found it ironic that something said to be uncrackable was cracked a relatively short time and an old phone still remains locked tight.
  11. The_Chief

12. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

Greetings one and all! :D
  13. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Who let you in here?
    ;)
    Evening all!
    Headed home to get packing. Going to be a long day tomorrow.
  14. Metroid Prime

This guy of course. :)

[​IMG]
  15. Unforgiven

Unforgiven What does this button do? Moderator

Oh great, MP is here. There goes the neighborhood.:vroam:
  16. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! Moderator

Had a delicious dinner. The place is right next to a tiny airport. Got to see a few small planes landing and a helicopter. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    All taken with Nyxie.
    CaptainRon likes this.
  17. Metroid Prime

lol You get back here! :p
  18. halon

Did the dirty flash of JB 2.5 work out all right?
  19. halon

Now that would be pretty cool.
    BabyBlues likes this.
  20. The_Chief

Mine did, beautifully. Took a few seconds more for GPS to lock, but everything works, including native tethering. No problems yet!
  21. halon

I was wondering about tethering. Does native not get reported to Verizon? Or do you have to get an app to run along with it?
  22. Unforgiven

Unforgiven What does this button do? Moderator

Awesome pics BB.:thumbup:
    BabyBlues likes this.
  23. The_Chief

According to post #3 in the Rootzwiki thread, the tethering does NOT get reported to Verizon. And there is no other app needed... just set it up with the SSID and password of your choice, turn it on and connect to it :D
    halon likes this.
  24. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Which app were you using? I had problems trying to tether on 1.7. Haven't tried since updating to 2.4.
  25. halon

Cool. I'll have to give it try soon. Wish I knew this last weekend!

@dread...no app. native tethering.