Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Last Updated: 2015-05-26 06:29:03
  1. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

Grr.

Advertisement
  2. MSUgEEk

Local gamestop has 2 and they ARE selling them today.
  3. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

Sorry Captain - I had said it here and thought you'd seen it. I had a hell of a layover. But I stuffed my tummy with yummy food (and a drink that kicked my a$$) at One Flew South in E terminal. Delicious but not something to do often as its not cheap. I would have been thrilled to have found out you were there.

Hiya Chief! Wanna throw a link at me ? I'm mainly using Nyxie the next few days and once I can get her connected to wifi here I might play. Thanks!
  4. MSUgEEk

I swear I told myself I wouldn't get this geeked up for a device launch again after the GNex because I just worry myself to death and stay on the phone trying to find the quickest way to get it. But here I am 7 months later doing the same danged thing for the Nexus 7.
  5. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Hi Chief! I mean, Hi, BB! :p

Here's the link, you may have to find a mirror:

[ROM] Jelly Belly v3.4 - 07/12/2012 - [JellyBean] [4.1.1] [Pure AOSP] - It's all about speed! - [VZW] Galaxy Nexus Development - RootzWiki

Make SURE you wipe fully, flash the ROM & gapps 7-12. And hurry up before he releases 3.5... he's a ROM-writing maniac!
    BabyBlues likes this.
  6. MSUgEEk

Even more GRRR. Google says they can't cancel the order eventhough it hasn't shipped yet. The only thing they said I could do at this point was call UPS when I got the tracking number and refuse delivery and wait on Google to get it and process my refund.
  7. Unforgiven

Unforgiven -.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... Moderator

I'm just waiting it out. Nothing else I can really do. I just hope it's in by Wednesday as one of them is for his birthday on the 18th.
  8. MSUgEEk

Just really irritates me that Google can't get their crap together and let retail outlets sell them before the ones who pre-ordered on day 1 can get them.
  9. Unforgiven

This is their first go-round with a major physical product release.
  10. Unforgiven

Geek, thought this might be reassuring to you, it is to me.;)
  11. CaptainRon

CaptainRon Well-Known Member

Best place to eat in ATL, but you're right about the price.
  12. MSUgEEk

I know I'll get it eventually and 99% sure I'll get it before vacation. It's just really tempting to know that I'll be going right by Gamestop this afternoon, knowing I have the cash to buy it, and knowing it would be in my posession all weekend.
  13. Unforgiven

Looks like the floodgates are opening. Nothing for me yet, but there are more folks getting charged at their bank now than folks complaining.
  14. MSUgEEk

Nothing for me yet either.

Also when I asked the guy about cancelling (the second time I called in) he said that the tablet would ship 1 to 2 weeks instead of the next couple of days everyone else is hearing.
  15. CaptainRon

CaptainRon Well-Known Member

Will do
  16. MSUgEEk

I'm going to drop by Gamestop this afternoon, see if they still have it and will sell it to me. If they do, then I'll buy it and do what Google said about refusing delivery. Might take a week to get that money deposited back in the account, but the shipping costs will also get refunded, $15, and I won't pay shipping at Gamestop. Taxes are paid in both places. So I get it cheaper and I get it today.
  17. HanSolo

HanSolo Well-Known Member

I'm really tempted, but I can't seem to tear myself away from the ability to customize navbar buttons. I can't stand the stock size. Makes me feel like I'm using a Jitterbug.

Yeah, but last few seasons she's had good instincts. I just think they could have made her find out in such a cool, smart way and they just crapped all over it.

Although it seems from the sneak peek that she won't suspect him of being the bay harbor butcher yet. . . .he's trying to make her think that it was just a one-time thing. Hopefully they can do something there, but I think the cat has pretty much already gotten out of the bag.
  18. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

Wasn't she related to someone in the Nexus pre-release thread?
  19. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Well-Known Member

20. MSUgEEk

Bank account charged for the Nexus 7. Guess there goes my plan. Don't get paid till Monday and don't want to carry 2 Nexus 7 charges over the weekend on the account. Guess I can wait till Monday or Tuesday. If they shipped today and it's 2 day shipping, it'll either arrive tomorrow or Monday. Tuesday would be the latest I assume.
  21. Unforgiven

I'm still waiting.:rolleyes:
  22. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

I am testing out an at&t note today and quite frankly its putting my nexus to shame in terms of network performance.
  23. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

24. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

25. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

Uh... knock knock. Anyone home?