Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Last Updated:

1. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Ah, I see what you're getting at. Co-workers and goal of the business are equally as important. If they don't work with your goals then I can certainly understand the frustration.

Advertisement
  2. Copacetic

Copacetic Well-Known Member

Good Morning Friends, Decided to flash jellybean this am, going with vicious 4.1.1, what is everyone else using. Nexie is rebooting now with a colorful x on the screen. I am being patient, i am being patient, i am being patient, lol
  3. breadnatty08

Been using Jelly Belly pretty much exclusively. Pete has finally jumped on the wagon, but I hear there are some bugs. Just downloaded everything for JB 3.6, going to load it up shortly.
  4. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

New (well not 100% new, just ICS designed) Calculator screen. Any suggestions / thoughts / opinions?

[​IMG]

Running JB 3.6 and loving it so far.

Good luck with JB though - its amazing!
  5. breadnatty08

Loading up 3.6 now. Just flashed the latest CWM Touch recovery. Hoping it works out fine.
  6. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

That's great Anti! Congrats on having an outlet for her high energy!!!

I've recently discovered that this is very true.
    AntimonyER likes this.
  7. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

svt - I hear you man, and very similar to what I mentioned the other day was on my mind. Its the same throughout engineering now days it seems. It infuriates me that management refuses to allow anything but complete project completion and release to be my personal performance measurement, but I only have control to the point of getting it into the review process. Yes I understand I am responsible for liasing with my support group, and ensuring they are satisfied along the way, and for predicting the amount of time it will take in the review process, but even if I do ALL that, if even one support group member is dragging their feet, incompetant, or practicing office political B.S., at the end of the day, the missed deadline only affects MY performance score.
  8. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

I love arguing science vs emotional decisions of other people. Current debate with a friend: Microwaves ovens are harmful and change the molecular structure of your food. LOL Please.
  9. Unforgiven

Unforgiven -.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... Moderator

Isn't that called cooking?
  10. MSUgEEk

11. breadnatty08

Edit: woops, can't read.
  12. Unforgiven

13. breadnatty08

Not delivered yet! Once it's in my grubby hands I'll have to knock one off, probably the NC. :D
  14. MSUgEEk

+1 Not in hands :p
  15. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

16. breadnatty08

While I think it's highly likely to be true, that article is rather dated. I'm hoping Google will do the OTHER rumored thing and partner with multiple manufacturers for the next Nexus. Only problem is, they'll likely have to go the WP7 way and require them to have similar if not identical specs in order to provide timely and unanimous updates.
  17. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Only difference being the ergonomics/cosmetics? Kind of defeats the purpose...
  18. breadnatty08

Yes and no. They could release devices with a 5"+ screen and some with a 4". Some with keyboards (highly doubtful) and some without.
    I agree that they should stick with one from the developer standpoint, but the fact that Google should reign in Android a bit more from the crap that OEMs and carriers throw on there would be a good thing. :)
  19. Unforgiven

I don't think we will see a new Nexus for several months. That being said, I could see 4 Nexus manufacturers easily:
    1. Small Form Factor - 4" screen or smaller
    2. Large Form Factor -think GNex or Galaxy Note
    3. Tablet
    4. Nexus Q

This would easily open it up to multiple manufacturers allowing them to differentiate and fill different marketspaces. I think the only thing they would have to agree on would be processor, gpu, and memory to support whatever the k version of Android will introduce.
  20. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

Indeed, it's definitely dated, and it seems that the Digitimes source is just speculating. Still, figured it would be worth posting, haha.
  21. samwapp

samwapp Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too

Appreciate it, I really do.
    jmar likes this.
  22. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Well-Known Member

Hey I admit to shopping at Wal-Mart now and then, but it cracks me up to see some of the funny photos of Wal-Mart shoppers (may be inappropriate for AF, I don't know). But THIS WM photo is perfectly clean and typifies the stereotype.

[​IMG]
    Stigy and atrain311 like this.
  23. Copacetic

Copacetic Well-Known Member

I am running vicious KB, suppose to be Asop 3.6. First thing I noticed,I had two sd partitions so I reset and started over, now I have one.
  24. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

Hit up the local AT&T to check out the new phones, looked at the windows phones, they look pretty nice, but only one had a removable battery. Non had extra memory slots. The S3 looked pretty good, the camera reminded me of the Nexus (ugh....) the One X had a decent camera, was a bit laggy while scrolling. No removable battery or SD slot. 16gig of memory only. The Atrix HD looked nice, running 4.0.4. Locked bootloader. Came out empty handed.

Looks like I wait until the next round of phones come out. If the One X had expandable memory, I think I would jump on it. I think that thing can be hacked real good, think nexus.
  25. Bren S.

Bren S. Well-Known Member

Have a wonderful evening all :)