• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Oh boy this is going to get REAL bad.

Yxr4u.png

Reactions: ryancmatchett
Upvote 0
I did enjoy seeing a storm when I was in the plane. I know it sucks for you guys flying but for me it was almost mesmerizing. I was amazed at the lightening

Ditto. Seeing a storm from my plane seat was awesome.
I agree thunderstorms are awesome to look at from the sky, but trust me, you don't want to fly through one.

I've had to deviate (no off color remarks from you BB) hundreds of miles off course to avoid flying through red stuff on the radar like Stigy posted.

Reactions: BabyBlues
Upvote 0
Awfully quiet in here...Hmmm, sleep perhaps?

Just woke up! :)
Just finished unlocking and rooting my N7. :D
Gosh, that took all of, um 10min. Easiest one yet.

Morning everyone. Hope you all lived through the storms yesterday.

Edit: well looks like I spoke too soon. Now I'm stuck in CWM and can't reboot. Everytime I try to select something it just goes to the CW symbol and doesn't do anything. Ugh.
2nd Edit: I'm a moron...... It's friggin TOUCH recovery. :eek:
3rd Edit: Well it booted up fine, but I don't have root. :thinking:

Upvote 0
Just woke up! :)
Just finished unlocking and rooting my N7. :D
Gosh, that took all of, um 10min. Easiest one yet.

Morning everyone. Hope you all lived through the storms yesterday.

Edit: well looks like I spoke too soon. Now I'm stuck in CWM and can't reboot. Everytime I try to select something it just goes to the CW symbol and doesn't do anything. Ugh.
2nd Edit: I'm a moron...... It's friggin TOUCH recovery. :eek:
3rd Edit: Well it booted up fine, but I don't have root. :thinking:

Well, at least you can guinea pig for me so I know what to expect when I get my N7:vroam:`

Upvote 0
Morning all!!!

Running JellyBelly v3.7 and loving it!!!

Only lost 2% battery overnight in 6hrs, with emails and missed calls....but with give it a day to settle.

Getting packed up today to go camping with kids again this weekend. Funny how much we were worried that the kids would be bored camping...and how they cannot stop asking when we would be going again!!! Looking forward to it!
Hope everyone has a great day!!

Upvote 0
Morning all! Got to play around with my Nexus 7 a little more yesterday. I can't wait to get Jelly Bean on my Nexus. Probably going to flash it this weekend. The new voice search system is incredible. The voice engine is so much better than it used to be as well. Google is starting to put a lot of work into this.

Pup, you still haven't gotten yours?? When did you order and what version did you get?

Upvote 0
See if you can get to this radar loop. This is one reason I love living in the south in the summer. However, the underlying cause (heat and humidity) is what I hate about summers in the south, haha.

NEXRAD radar image(s) [KHTX N0R]

We were apparently right in the middle of several storms, literally within a couple of miles on either side. We got nothing except light rain but you could see the heavy rain and lightning on both sides of us.

Upvote 0
Morning all!!!

Running JellyBelly v3.7 and loving it!!!

Only lost 2% battery overnight in 6hrs, with emails and missed calls....but with give it a day to settle.

Getting packed up today to go camping with kids again this weekend. Funny how much we were worried that the kids would be bored camping...and how they cannot stop asking when we would be going again!!! Looking forward to it!
Hope everyone has a great day!!
Have fun ryan. Are you tenting it? My family loves camping, but we are taking this year off. This is our rig.
2012-05-12%2011.44.32.jpg

Morning all! Got to play around with my Nexus 7 a little more yesterday. I can't wait to get Jelly Bean on my Nexus. Probably going to flash it this weekend. The new voice search system is incredible. The voice engine is so much better than it used to be as well. Google is starting to put a lot of work into this.

Pup, you still haven't gotten yours?? When did you order and what version did you get?

I ordered on 7/5. I got an 8GB for Evan and a 16GB for me. Looks like the funds have been removed from my account, but no transaction. Hopefully I'll hear today and be able to play with it this weekend.

Upvote 0
Good morning all - happy Friday eve!

My kitty has an ear infection - I feel so bad for him. We have to bathe him with special shampoo and give him medicine. We also have to wash all our sheets just in case it ends up being something like Ringworm we don't want to get it ourselves. He seems to be a bit calmer this morning so hopefully this passes, but I just feel bad for him. Just a teeny kitten, but he will be getting a friend next Wednesday so I am sure he is excited about that.

My dad ordered a Nexus from eBay because he wanted ICS/JB and didn't like his Bionic anymore. Gotta help with with rooting because he said it won't take, but he got the bootloader unlocked so one step down. My dad had the G1 before I did so we are the Android gurus of the family - such nerds.

Coffee, coffee, coffee today - YAWN.

Upvote 0
Morning all! Have fun camping Ryan! Our family goes to an RV park in Lake George NY every year. Its princess camping. :D........trailer has AC/heat, shower, microwave and the campground has wifi, full hookups for water and electric and sewer. Plus showers that are really nice. Pools and 2 little movie screening rooms. Yeah, BB doesn't do camping in the traditional sense.

Reactions: ryancmatchett
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones