• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Figured I would park these here for Stigy to examine, and these are with the extended battery on wifi initially, then 3g only

Screenshot_2011-12-19-10-47-00.png

Screenshot_2011-12-19-10-47-23.png

Screenshot_2011-12-19-10-47-17.png

Screenshot_2011-12-19-10-47-06.png

Upvote 0
Just go into CWM and wipe data/factory reset. It knows what to do. I like to always make a backup of my internal storage on my PC in case anything goes awry :)

Also wipe cache partition then go to advanced and wipe dalvik cache

So if I select wipe data/factory reset from CWM, it won't delete everything on my virtual SD card?

After that, I can restore my nandroid backup, right?

Upvote 0
So if I select wipe data/factory reset from CWM, it won't delete everything on my virtual SD card?

After that, I can restore my nandroid backup, right?

Correct. But I'm a safe shooter so I always recommend backing up your internal storage/SD card just in case. Look at it like this: You have 2 different drives on your GN and cwm sees the one it needs to wipe not the one you see when you connect your phone to the PC.

Upvote 0
I've been researching this too to no avail. I thought in the Hong Kong presentation the soft buttons disappeared so you could use the entire screen when playing a video. Would only make sense.

They do do this with the stock supported video players and players that are updated correctly for ICS(new nonHD ICS Netflix for example). I would rather have control of it myself though as it will be awhile before all apps that don't really NEED them actually hide them for us. A swipe away hide method is probably being worked on, but haven't found any threads or even info on who might be working it.

Upvote 0
HELP

Uuummmm - what did I do......I have a screen that says ODIN MODE and has a start arrow with an android figure under it and says it's downloading and DO no turn off target!!

How the hell did I manage this and how do I make it go away????

Are you plugged into USB on a pc? ODIN is a utility for low level firmware phone restore on samsung devices.

Upvote 0
I'd honestly just do a battery pull -- see if that gets you back into regular android.

Pulled - fixed.

Does keep returning there after a battery pull? That should just be a preboot mode of sorts. Not sure how you would end up there though??

I'm talented like that - that's how I managed it. :D:cool:

This dude had similar issue and seemed to be from faulty ROM load.

Stuck in ODIN mode!!!! - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

I wasn't doing anything though. I'm not rooted yet.

Ummm...yikes...no clue.

Yeah.

Reactions: jasaero
Upvote 0
Well I tried downloading and installing this mod:
1% mod With or Without SoftKey Mod NOW! - RootzWiki

Supposed to give your battery stats in 1% increments and add the search soft key at the bottom.

When it rebooted, though, I had no status bar and no soft keys!

Thank goodness for CWR backups.

Need to be on a deodex'd ROM for that although I thought you were, so not 100% sure on that one. I know that is the problem if you lose the status bar and soft keys though.

Reactions: jasaero
Upvote 0

Must be - just goes to show our fingers are multi talented as well. ;):p:D

Need to be on a deodex'd ROM for that although I thought you were, so not 100% sure on that one. I know that is the problem if you lose the status bar and soft keys though.

Ok - noob question: what is deodex'd?
I've seen it before but it's usually been over at XDA and we know what would happen if I asked over there.

Reactions: IndecisiveElle
Upvote 0
My friend...if you ever get to the point where you understand female logic, please let me know. I'm an electrical engineer that specializes in control systems, logic, and programming...however, the logic that females use baffles me and I have yet to crack the coding system God used when he created them.

This cracked me up!!! Oh, how true, how true, how true. :)

Upvote 0

That was my thought also, but thought he was on Revolution which should be deodexed.

Yeah, I'm on a deodex'd ROM. I have no clue what happened.

Although I did press the "install rom" option from the Rom Manager app, and it gave me the option to wipe cache, davlik, and install the rom, and I chose all three options. Then it rebooted into recovery and did it on it's own.

Maybe I should've done it manually?

I'm flashing the search button mod now, and I'll do it manually to see if it helps.

Upvote 0
You dont sound like a jerk. At least not to me. Even with the bookmark i have to zoom in on the screen and then find my last read post, the app remembers that for me and is sized to fit on the screen. And i dont type in landscape so the screen isnt great in the browser for me.

How do you get to the last read post on this thread, via the app (or computer too, for that matter), without going to the lounge, then clicking on this thread? I think Cincy asked that too, but I don't remember seeing an answer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones